Brothers

Quaerimus veritatem [Hiatus]

Himchan was mentally dying. His best friend had been missing for the past week. A ing week! Though Yongguk tended to disappear occasionally, he had never been away that long. Himchan sighed and plopped down on the couch. He heard the door to his dorm open and close as his younger brother came in.

“Himchan hyung.”

“Whaddaya want, Youngjae?” the older of the two huffed.

Youngjae sat down next to his brother. “When will Yongguk hyung come back? I’m worried.”

“Do I look like I ing know? That bastard didn’t even bother to call me or anything.” Himchan puffed up his cheeks in anger. “At least a message or something would be nice, but no, he had to completely ignore the fact that there might be two people wondering where the he is.”

“I just hope he’s okay.” Himchan smiled at Youngjae’s words. The younger had always been a bit more sensitive, especially after when he started claiming that someone from another world had communicated with him. No one believed him.

 

“So… how are we going to do this?” Yongguk glanced at the rebel group. They had been up since before dawn, planning and thinking about how they should do this.

“First, are you sure that your friends will be alright with us staying?” Yongguk nodded and CL continued. “Second, do we have enough supplies? Clothes?”

“Shouldn’t we get some money?” Zelo offered. “Yongguk hyung shouldn’t pay for us the entire time. We’d be a burden.”

Yongguk laughed. “Don’t worry about anything. You took me in, took care of me… this is the least I can do to repay you.”

“Are you sure?” To everyone’s surprise, the words came from Minzy. She hadn’t said anything for the past few hours.

“One hundred percent.”

CL nodded approvingly. “Then let’s go. Jongup?” The man held out his hands and everyone grabbed onto him.

“Isn’t this kind of weird?” Yongguk asked Jongup, considering that the younger male might feel uncomfortable with so many people holding onto him.

“You get used to it,” Jongup replied with a shrug and then they were off. Darkness enveloped them for a few seconds before they found themselves in a forest; similar to the one on earth that Yongguk had found the Moon Door in.

“Well,” CL said after a few moments of silence, “let’s go. The Moon Door is somewhere close to here.”

The walk to the Moon Door was relatively quiet. CL was thinking and probably planning out some stuff, Daehyun and Jongup whispered to each other occasionally, Minzy was prepared for attack at all times, and Zelo rested his head on Yongguk’s shoulder. The younger had gotten the least sleep out of all of them in the night, and Yongguk eventually picked him up bridal style, letting the maknae sleep for a while.

“We’re here,” Minzy murmured and pointed ahead to where a bright crescent moon was painted on a door in a tree.

 

Youngjae and Himchan were spread out over the couch, flipping through random channels on the TV, when there was a knock on the door. Himchan, being too lazy to move, kicked his brother in the side and Youngjae stood up to open the door. His jaw dropped.

“’Sup, Youngjae?”

“Yongguk hyung?”

“Wait, wait, what?!” Himchan yelled, rolled off the couch like a buffalo and scrambled towards the other two males. “Where the were you?”

Yongguk laughed a bit. “It’s… kind of a long story. Listen, I have some friends who will probably have to stay over for a couple of days.”

“Who?” Youngjae cocked his head curiously.

“Their names are Junhong, Chaerin, Minji, Jongup, and Daehyun,” Yongguk answered. He saw Youngjae widen his eyes in surprise at the mention of Daehyun, but chose to ignore it for now. The members of Veritas had all agreed that Zelo, CL and Minzy weren’t exactly the most Korean sounding names, thus causing the change.

“Wait, Daehyun?” Youngjae asked. “I know that name from somewhere… I know! That guy who contacted me telepathically was called Daehyun!”

“Sure, sure,” his older brother huffed.

“Chan, stop being an . And try not to be a diva in front of my friends.”

“I still can’t believe you have friends other than us, Gukkie. It has come this far… you’re replacing us.” Himchan pretended to cry while grasping his chest with his right hand.

Yongguk rolled his eyes at his friend’s dramatic behavior. “Believe it or not, I do. They should be here any second now.”

As if on cue, the three friends heard CL call out Yongguk’s name. “Hey,” she said with a smile that looked real enough for Himchan and Youngjae. The other members appeared behind her and Himchan’s eyes fell on Jongup immediately.

“You’re cute,” he stated shamelessly. “Like a puppy.” Daehyun grinned, Zelo cracked up laughing, and even Minzy and CL had to contain their laughter.

“Not funny,” Jongup growled but it only made everything funnier.

“But it’s true, I mean–” Himchan’s eyes fell on Zelo. “Oh my god, you’re adorable!” he squealed. Yongguk resisted the urge to hit his head on the wall.

Instead, he grabbed Himchan’s shoulder. “How about letting us inside?”

“Of course,” his friend chirped happily and bounced inside.

“Is he bipolar or something?” Minzy raised an eyebrow.

“No, I guess he’s just on his period.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

And they met! Finally!

I love Himchan's character. I just love him.

Adorable BangLo is adorable :3

Accurate gif is accurate (sorry for not including CL and Minzy)

I LOVE YOU, PANCAKES! YOU ROCK!