Prologue

Quaerimus veritatem [Hiatus]

The branches of the trees around him seemed to reach out for him, but he kept walking nevertheless. He didn’t believe in horror stories, magic, or any of that stuff, yet he couldn’t help a slight chill creep up his spine. It’s all that fool’s fault, he told himself over and over again. It’s his fault for making me come here and telling me these stupid legends. With surprise, he realized that his calm walking had changed into a fast-paced jog. He tried to stop, but something kept pulling him forwards. Where he was? He didn’t know. All he knew was that there was something out there that seemed to call out for him.

Eventually he saw a faint silver-blue glow coming from in between the trees. Without knowing why, he slowed down and walked towards it. A branch snapped up, nearly hitting him in the face, but he didn’t even flinch. His eyes were fixed on the tree - the door in the tree, to be more precise. There was a crescent moon painted on it, curving down, making the door seem like it was frowning. The moon gleamed brightly, blinding him for a few seconds. He stopped in front of the tree. It had seemingly split into two parts with the large wooden door in the middle. There were rocks leading up to it; they almost looked like steps, like someone wanted him to be here and go through the door. He knew that he shouldn’t. A voice inside him told him that it was dangerous, that he should turn around and run as far as possible.

He pressed against the door with his right hand. It opened smoothly. A second later, he was surrounded by the brightest light he had ever seen, blinding him, making him dizzy, causing him to lose his footing and land on something soft... moss?

 

When he opened his eyes, he was glad to find that he could see perfectly. It took a couple of blinks for him to realize that he wasn’t in the forest, nor anywhere he had ever been before. He was in some sort of a room that reminded him of Bilbo Baggins’ home in The Hobbit. It looked very... comfortable somehow, a place where one would definitely want to live. Groaning slightly, he sat up in the bed. He scratched his head before getting up and realizing that he wasn’t wearing his clothes anymore. Instead he was dressed in soft green and white silk pajamas.

The door to his room was open, so he stepped into another room that seemed to be the living room. A fire was softly burning in the fireplace, making the whole room warm. If things were different, he would’ve slumped down on the couch or in one of the two large recliners, but for now he needed to find out who lived here and why he was here - wherever “here” was. He trotted through the room, past the many books that were scattered and in piles everywhere, until he reached the door on the other side. It led him into a third room (seriously, why were there so many rooms?) which contained a clothes rack with jackets on it, as well as a couple of shoes that were neatly lined up against the wall. The door next to the small window was larger than the other ones he had gone through. He supposed it was the entrance, or, in his case, the exit.

The other side of the door showed him a surprising sight. It was a meadow with many flowers and a small garden that grew vegetables of different sorts. The most surprising thing however was the boy sitting in the grass, looking up into the clear, blue sky as if it was telling him its secrets. His blonde hair was curly, giving him an innocent look.

“Who are you?” The boy turned around at the question.

“I’m the one who brought you here after you fell through the Moon Door in Tree of Life.”

“Moon Door? Tree of Life?” he questioned.

The boy smiled brightly. “You know, the tree with the door. The one you opened that blinded you with its bright light.”

“How did you find out about that?”

“I saw it all.” The boy stood up and dusted himself off. “My name is Zelo.”

“Zelo,” he repeated. The younger nodded and walked towards him with a blinding smile.

“You might want to put on some clothes, I don’t think it will be very good to walk around like that all day.”

“Do you live alone?”

Zelo hesitated before answering. “Yes. And you? Where are you from? Why did you go through the Moon Door?”

“An idiotic friend of mine told me about it, but I didn’t believe the story. I’m from South Korea. My name is Bang Yongguk.” Yongguk looked around. “Where exactly are we?”

“That’s not important,” Zelo replied. His voice suddenly got dark and his face turned serious. “You really should put on some clothes. Or do you walk around in pajamas all day where you come from?”

“No, but…”

“But?” The younger raised an eyebrow.

“Where are my clothes? And did you change my clothes or was that someone else?”

“Like I said before, I live alone. Your clothes are in your room.”

Yongguk swallowed his uncomfortableness and managed a smile. “Okay. I’ll go change them.” Zelo just nodded and gave him another blinding smile.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, my lovely readers! I know I should work on my YunJae fic, but like I've said before, I have a bit of a writer's block on that one.

I got the idea for this fic after a photo prompt in my Creative Writing class (but I can't find the photo anymore T__T)

By the way, the setting is in another world, but the images are all from the Schwarzwald (Black Forest) in my home country Germany ^^

I hope you enjoy this, but don't expect me to update too often...

Oh! And are there any EYK fans here? Any Nasties? Because I have made a reference to the KMM on EXO's Mama...