Conversation

Quaerimus veritatem [Hiatus]

The first day in Zelo's house had frightened Yongguk. By the second day, he was confused as to where he was and why a teenage boy lived all alone. By the third day, he learned not to ask too many questions. By the fourth day he had gotten accustomed to their daily routine. It consisted of waking up in the morning to the smell of food and going into the kitchen to eat it. Zelo told him that he was never around in the mornings, so Yongguk shouldn't wait and just eat.

“I can always eat before or after.” Zelo gave him a blinding smile and walked away. That was usually how their conversations ended. The younger, even though very friendly, was secretive and changed the topic whenever Yongguk asked him a personal question.

The second part of the routine was doing nothing or reading a book until Zelo came back. Yongguk sometimes went outside on the meadow or through the garden, but never into the forest that surrounded the place where he currently lived. Once the curly haired boy was back, Yongguk always felt a lot happier. Maybe it was because the teenager looked a bit like a cute puppy and could probably cheer anyone up. Maybe it was because Yongguk was worried that something bad might happen. Or maybe it was just because Yongguk didn't want to be alone.

The third part was reading more books, talking to Zelo about his life back in South Korea, or helping the blonde boy in the garden. Even though Zelo always claimed he lived alone, Yongguk sometimes wondered if he really did. The younger never seemed like someone who craved human contact, but at the same time he wasn't much of a loner. He was generally a confusing person.

After lunch, the two would… well… yeah. There was not a lot to do, so Yongguk basically did the same exact things from morning to evening. He wanted to know more about the mysterious teenager, so he tried to learn from Zelo's actions. Mission: failed. Zelo acted like a completely normal person, maybe a bit secretive. But other than that there was nothing odd or unusual about the boy. Hell, Yongguk came here after falling through a door in a tree. A ing tree door that Zelo called “Moon Door” in “Tree of Life”. Not even the Tree of Life, just Tree of Life. Yet Zelo was not any different from most of the teenagers Yongguk had encountered back in Korea.

“Is there something bothering you?”

Yongguk looked up from his dinner into the soft brown eyes of the younger. “No, nothing. I was just… thinking. You never talk about yourself and it makes me curious. Who are you exactly?”

Just like always whenever this question was asked, Zelo's expression hardened immediately. “Don't concern yourself with that. I won't hurt you, not emotionally and not physically. I promise.” The way he said the last word made every bit of doubt in the older disappear.

“I'm sorry for asking. I was just worried because… well… I'm stuck here. My friends and teachers are probably looking for me or something. Is there really no way to get back?” Yongguk asked hopefully.

“No. Not yet. I will-” Zelo cut himself off. “Don't worry about anything. You will get back home and then you will never see me again. It's what you want, right?” The tone in his voice made Yongguk flinch and something inside him twisted painfully.

“It's not that I want to get rid of you, please don't misunderstand. I just miss my friends. Even that Himchan.” He chuckled a bit. “You are really nice to me for taking me in, giving me food and shelter, and not beating me up or me. If anything, I should thank you.”

Zelo's wide smile was back and it made the older feel happier. “I'm glad to help. And you'll get back to Korea, even if I have to carry you all the way there.” He stood up and took the dishes to the kitchen. When he came back, his eyes were tired. “I should go to bed now. I've been doing a lot today. Sleep well and have sweet dreams, okay?”

Yongguk laughed and nodded before also standing up and going to his room.

In the middle of the night, he suddenly got thirsty. Like really thirsty. Like my-mouth-is-a-desert-I-will-die-of-dehydration thirsty. He grunted and rolled out of bed, put on his slippers and shuffled towards the kitchen. Yongguk was about to open the door to the living room when he heard two voices. One of them was Zelo's; the other one belonged to a stranger. An angry stranger.

“Look, I don't care who he is or what he said. If CL finds out about this, you're dead! You know how much she hates his kind. You know what she and Minzy went through.”

“He came here through the Moon Door in Tree of Life. He said it was because one of his friends dared him to, but you know as well as I do that not just anyone can enter our world.” Zelo paused for a second. “There's something. I don't know what, but something is radiating from him. A strength, a power, whatever you want to call it. I will talk with CL. She will let him stay once I explain the situation to her.”

“Still!” Yongguk could nearly hear the other man throwing his arms up in despair. “He can't stay here, Zelo, I'm sorry. It's forbidden. And what if Esror finds out?”

“Since when do you care what that guy says? We are not on Esror's side. I can't believe I actually have to explain this to you, but we kind of hate him. We kind of want to murder him. Or was CL not clear enough on that matter?”

“Just make sure that this Bang Yongguk guy doesn't cause any trouble, or I can't guarantee that I'll be on your side when it gets ty. I'm terribly sorry, but this is what our world is like, and you know it.”

That was the last thing Yongguk heard before a sharp pain radiated through his body and knocked him out cold.

------------------------------------

Ahhh... sorry for not updating quickly... but I have a lot of stuff to do with school and my other fanfic T_T please don't kill me~

The next chapter should be up pretty soon ^^

I love you, my dear subscribers <3