Location: Earth. Day: 2.

Quaerimus veritatem [Hiatus]

“Ooh, I so totally need that .” Himchan marched into another store. Jongup was so close from beating the crap out of him.

“Can’t you take a break for like five minutes? And where is everyone else?” Jongup winced as he plopped down on a bench.

Himchan sighed before taking a seat next to the younger male. “Come on, this is no big deal. But if you want to rest, sure. Maybe we can rest together… in my bed.” Himchan winked. “Though I doubt we’d be getting much rest.”

“ my life,” Jongup groaned.

“I’d prefer ing you, not your life.”

“Yeah, bye.” Jongup stood up abruptly and walked away. He just wanted to get out of everyone’s sight so he could teleport to his friends.

Jongup. Minzy’s voice rang through his head.

Yes?

There has been trouble.

What? Why?

Youngjae found out about us. It turned out that he is the one Daehyun contacted on accident.

Crap. I’ll be there immediately.

Bring that Himchan guy along.

Why?

He needs to know as well. Unnie’s orders.

Jongup sighed deeply. this . Fine.

Good. The connection broke and the male let his eyes travel through the crowd.

“There you are!” Himchan’s voice was too loud, as always.

“Grab my arm.”

The elder blinked. “What?”

“You heard me.” A grin spread across Chan’s face as he obliged and Jongup dragged him to a relatively secluded area of the mall. “Now don’t freak out.”

“Why would I freak out, Jonguppie-puppy?” Himchan giggled and leaned in to press a kiss on the younger’s lips. “I’m actually enjoying this.”

“You’ll see,” Jongup murmured before concentrating on the dorm he was supposed to meet the others in, completely ignoring the kiss. He heard Himchan gasp when they disappeared and darkness surrounded them. In a matter of seconds, they were standing in front of the others.

“What in the name of …” Himchan glared at everyone. “The is going on here?!”

“Daehyun, Himchan, you might want to sit down.” Yongguk motioned to the couch. Once the two were seated, he started his explanation. “So as you two know I was gone for a week after that dare. In the forest I actually found the Moon Door in Tree of Life.”

“In what?”

Yongguk waved his hand to signalize he was not to be interrupted. “I opened the door and when I woke up I was in another world. Now I know this sounds crazy, but bear with me. Junhong… or, as he is actually called, Zelo found me in the forest and took care of me. At first I was confused as to why, but later he explained that usually humans can only enter Isreínum when someone from their world helps them. Therefore he thought I must have some kind of power.”

“Do you?” Youngjae’s eyes were wide.

“Well… yes. I can control fire as I found out a few days ago. But CL – Chaerin – told me that people with fire powers usually have a second one too, but it takes a certain trigger which I haven’t found yet.”

“So what are your powers? I know Jonguppie-puppy here can teleport or something, but what about the rest of you?”

“Wait, wait, wait.” Daehyun had a look of surprise on his face. “Jonguppie-puppy?”

“Nice nickname?” Minzy offered and Zelo burst into giggles.

Jongup facepalmed and turned to Yongguk while rambling, “Oh my god tell your friend to shut up I hate him so much why are you even friends with him I am not a puppy I do not approve of this please let me murder him.”

“I think we can discuss Jongup’s new name later.” CL gave the mentioned boy half a smile before turning to the brothers. “I have two powers. Resurrection is one; meaning that I can come back to life after being killed as well as bringing other people back to life unless they were killed by a powerful spell. My other power is Empathy. I read other people’s emotions.”

“I use my Qi, the energy in my body, to run faster, jump higher, fight better… you get the point. Oh, and my name is actually Minzy, not Minji. We just figured it would be better to use more Korean-sounding names.”

“Well… my name is actually Daehyun and I can turn invisible.”

Everyone turned to Zelo. “I can manipulate time.”

“Wow,” Youngjae breathed. “Daehyun told me that you learned telepathy?”

CL nodded. “Once you become a permanent member of our rebel group, Quaerimus Veritatem, we teach you how to communicate telepathically and read other people’s thoughts – but this only works if you’re close to them.”

“Rebel group?” Himchan asked.

This time it was Jongup who spoke. “The current king of Isreínum, Esror, seems kind enough to most people. However, there have been mysterious killings and other things going on, and we are determined to find the root of it and set an end to Esror’s reign. At first we wanted Yongguk to return to earth as soon as possible, but after finding out his power…” He turned to look at the older man. “If you agree, you’ll become a permanent member of Veritas, learn telepathy, and help to fight against the king. We aren’t expecting you to make your decision right now. You have some time to think about it.”

 

Zelo and Yongguk were strolling through a park close to the dorms. The maknae said he wanted some fresh air and Yongguk decided to accompany him. Not much was said between them, but it wasn’t uncomfortable silence.

“Hyung,” Zelo said suddenly.

“Yeah?”

“Are you going to stay here or come back to Isreínum with us?” There was a slight hint of sadness in Zelo’s voice.

Yongguk smiled. “I don’t know. On one side I want to stay with you… all of you. On the other side I’m unsure about my powers, both the one that I know and the one I don’t know. And I generally don’t know if I’d be able to fulfill your expectations.”

“I don’t want to force you into anything, but…” Zelo stopped and turned to his hyung. “I’d be really glad if you came with us. Even if you won’t fight, just… I’d miss you a lot.”

“I know. I would really miss you too, Jello.” The older of the two smiled and gently hugged Zelo.

 

“So my Jonguppie-puppy is a secret badass?” Himchan purred while the two of them were watching some random drama on TV.

“Stop calling me that.”

“Never.”

“Stop.”

“NEVOOOHR!”

“Himchan…”

“That’s Himchan hyung to you.”

“Shut up.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using the same gif because I can.

I honestly love Himchan in this. Like seriously. It felt so right to write him like this.

And I have nothing else to say.

Saranghae, Pancakes <3