Location: Earth. Day: 1.

Quaerimus veritatem [Hiatus]

“Come on guys, this is going to be fun!” Himchan sang as he dragged Jongup into the mall. The others followed with a collective sigh. Himchan had forced them all into going shopping with him. The members of Quaerimus Veritatem had never actually been to a shopping mall, seeing as they didn’t exist in Isreínum. CL was the only one who had any experience with life on earth since she was the only one who ever had been to earth – except for Minzy, of course, who was born here, but back then she was too young to remember much.

“I really don’t want to be here right now.” Jongup puffed his cheeks up and Himchan squealed once again.

Youngjae rolled his eyes. “Hyung, will you shut up?”

“Oh come on, isn’t he adorable?”

“I’d call him a lot of things, but adorable…” Minzy trailed off and let her eyes wander around the mall. “Please tell me you’re staying here for less than five hours.”

“I can’t promise anything.” Himchan winked, linked his arm with Jongup’s and skipped off happily.

“I’m not sure whether I should laugh or cry,” CL exhaled.

“Sorry that my brother is being such an . He usually isn’t like this… wait no, that’s not true. He’s always like this.”

Daehyun smiled empathetically. “Maybe you should go and try to stop him before he scars anyone for life.”

“I should, shouldn’t I?” Youngjae laughed before waving and turning to follow his brother.

“Well, Jongup found himself an admirer.”

“What do you mean, CL?” Yongguk furrowed his eyebrows.

“I didn’t tell you? Sorry. One of my powers is Empathy. I can feel other people’s feelings.” CL waved it off like it was nothing big.

“That’s kind of… creepy. Can you just explain one thing to me?”

The woman nodded. “Sure.”

“Himchan said I was gone for a week, but it felt like I was in Isreínum much longer.” Yongguk looked at CL with a questioning gaze. “Is there a difference in time speed or something?”

“Time in Isreínum is twice as fast as time on earth, even though the days feel just as long as here. Therefore spending one day here in South Korea is equal to spending two days in our world. This makes it even more useful that we’re hiding here; we will spend more time here than it feels like and the guards will soon lose interest. I hope,” the leader explained calmly, as if it were the most normal thing on the planet. Then she turned to Minzy. “Mingkki, can you teach Yongguk how to control his power? If he gets angry or frustrated or bored it might come out again, and that would be pretty bad.”

“Sure, unnie.” Minzy motioned for Yongguk to follow her.

 

It was good that everyone left the dorm. Zelo had insisted to come with them, to which CL responded with a slight smirk and a barely audible yep, he’s jealous. The maknae threw himself onto the couch and never took his eyes off of the other two people in the room.

“The first thing you have to do is learn to control your anger. It sounds really easy, but believe me when I say that it’s not. If you’re extremely bored, never do anything with your hand that might trigger a flame. Something that helps me control my anger is meditation, but I’m not sure if that’s your style. You could always carry pencils around and break them or something like that. I kind of never met anyone with fire power before, so I’m just trying random things.” Minzy laughed and Yongguk couldn’t help but chuckle along. He was glad that she didn’t seem to hate him anymore.

“If something goes wrong I’ll slow time down and you can get rid of your anger then. No one will notice,” Zelo suggested from his position on the sofa.

“That’s a good back-up plan, Jello.” Zelo blushed slightly at Yongguk’s words, but the older didn’t notice. Minzy did.

She grinned. “Are you okay, Zelo? You look a bit… flustered.”

“I’m fine, I just need some fresh air.” The maknae shot Minzy an angry glare before rushing outside.

“So let’s continue,” Minzy chirped. “From what I heard about fire power, you need to control all your energy in one point of your body, preferably fingertips unless you want fire to shoot out from your chest or something. I’m not sure how this goes, so we’ll have to try some stuff.”

“So I’m a guinea pig.”

Minzy blinked. “What?”

“It’s a metaphor for being a test object,” Yongguk clarified.

“Oh. Yeah, I guess you could say that. Anyway, you need to focus completely and try not to get distracted. It’s similar to Qi.”

Qi?” Now it was Yongguk’s turn to be confused.

Qi is the inner strength that everyone has. I was born without a power, but through training I managed to control my Qi so that I can move faster, jump higher, punch harder and generally be more efficient in movements.” Minzy smiled and casually did a backflip. “Like that.”

“Nice,” Yongguk commented. “So can you go into further detail? It’s still kind of confusing.”

 

“What the–” Daehyun exclaimed when someone grabbed the back of his collar and dragged him into the men’s bathroom. He whirled around to see Youngjae.

“I knew that I wasn’t crazy!”

“What?” Daehyun was confused by the triumphant look on the other’s face.

Youngjae pointed at him. “You’re the guy who contacted me once! And you’re really from a different world where time goes by quicker? And Yongguk hyung has some kind of power? And my brother likes your friend? And–”

“Shut up!” Daehyun hissed. “You can’t just talk about stuff like that in public.”

“No one’s here.”

“You never know that, dammit!” He sighed and checked the stalls to see if anyone could have eavesdropped. “We were lucky this time. Don’t mention this to anyone, understood?”

“Not even my brother?”

Daehyun sighed. “We’ll probably have to tell him sooner or later. But for now, please stay quiet.”

“Hm…” Youngjae tapped his chin. “Do you have a power aside from Telepathy?”

“Telepathy actually isn’t really a power. You can learn it, and the closer you get to people the easier it is to communicate with them or read their thoughts. So yes, I do have a power.”

“Can you show me?”

“Sure.” With a small smile, Daehyun disappeared.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I AM SO SORRY I HAVE BEEN NEGLECTING THIS but my other fic (By the Life of my Enemy) has been really intense and then I needed to give those readers some fluff and yeah. Sorry.

I hope this chapter isn't too boring :/ but I put in some DaeJae, HimUp and BangLo so you guys shouldn't be stoneing me... please...

I love you, dear Pancakes <3

P.S. Someone help me find good pictures. I was all like "WTF SHOULD I USE" and then I was like "SCREW IT I'LL USE EARTH CAUSE I CAN'T PHOTOSHOP OR GENERALLY DO ANYTHING" and then I realized it was a gif and I was like " it, using it anyway" and yeah. Halp.