Jongup

Quaerimus veritatem [Hiatus]

~Yongguk POV~

 

A pain throbbed through my head and slowly spread out through my entire body. I blinked a couple of times before opening my eyes completely and looking at Zelo’s worried face.

“Finally!” he exclaimed. “I thought you’d never wake up.”

“What happened?” I mumbled numbly.

“You fainted, that’s what.” I mentally cringed at the unfriendly voice. It belonged to the man who talked with Zelo last night. He was leaning against the wall, looking at me with dark eyes. His entire outfit was dark; black boots, black pants, a black shirt with a black jacket.

“Why?” Great, Yongguk. Ask the stupidest thing you can imagine. Bravo.

As expected, the creepy guy laughed. “Now how am I supposed to know that? Do I look like a fortuneteller to you? Or some kind of other all-knowing creature?”

“CL could check on him,” Zelo suddenly piped up. “She’s good with these things, maybe if–”

“Shut up!” The man’s voice rang through my bedroom. “CL would definitely not do anything to help him. She doesn’t like strangers.”

“Last night you said she didn’t like my kind.” Well, I probably shouldn’t have said that, because in the next second I felt like my jaw was being crunched in the stranger’s strong grip.

“You were eavesdropping?”

“I heard my name,” I tried to defend, “it was like an invitation to listen.”

“Jongup hyung, leave him.” Zelo gently placed a hand on the angry man’s shoulder. “It won’t help with anything. He’s confused and has every right to be.”

“So you’re going to explain everything to me?”

Jongup let go of my jaw and stood up. “No, he won’t, because otherwise he will end up in a ditch on fire. And he doesn’t want that.”

“Can you please leave?” Why was Zelo so friendly to him even though he was such an ? I was nice to the teenager, but I didn’t get nearly as much in return as this jerk did.

“Fine,” Jongup scoffed. “See you.” With those words, he turned and left the room. I could hear his footsteps all the way to the main door until he closed it.

“So… a friend of yours?”

“I’m afraid so.” Zelo smiled sheepishly. “He’s usually not like that. I just don’t have many guests, and none of them came from the Moon Door, so I guess he’s just surprised.”

“Seemed more like angry to me.” I awkwardly stood up and concentrated hard on not falling down again, which didn’t work. I landed back in my bed.

“Pain?” Zelo inquired. When I nodded, he laughed. “Jongup may seem mean, but he’s just trying to help. He’s worried that you might do something bad, but I don’t think so. I trust you, Yongguk. Please don’t take that for granted.” He was about to leave, but I reached out and took his arm.

“I want to know more about you and Jongup. And please actually talk to me. If you trust me, you should be able to tell me something.”

His eyes flickered from the door back to me for a couple of seconds. “Fine. But I won’t say a lot.”

“Okay. So, when did you two meet?”

“A couple of years ago, before I went to live here. He was the boss of one of my former friends, and I was very surprised to find that he wasn’t much older than I was at the time. We eventually became friends, and… that’s pretty much it. He helped me move here, and he’s a really nice guy, even though you probably don’t believe that. He’ll get used to you being here eventually.” Zelo sighed. “Please don’t worry. I swear that everything will be okay. Trust me.”

I shook my head. “I don’t think I can. Trust you, I mean. You keep everything a secret, even the simplest questions. How can I trust you when even though you say you trust me, you clearly don’t?”

“Fine,” Zelo said after a few moments of uncomfortable silence. “Even though I already answered one of your questions. Ask me one more, and then I will go to bed.”

“Where are your parents?”

“Dead.” His voice was flat and tense. I regretted asking and was about to say this, but he shook his head. “Good night, Bang Yongguk.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Short chapter is short. I just really wanted to bring Jongup in this story, because even though he is an , I think he might later become one of my favorite characters :P

And Yongguk is jealous of Zelo's friendliness with Jongup... but the BangLo isn't going to be like "BOOM I love him", more like a... slow dance, I guess ^^ If you don't like that type of slowly progressing love, then I won't force you to read it.

I love all of you, my dear Pancakes (I love pancakes it's an affectionate pet name shut up)