One More Week

In Denial

 

“What lesson do we have first?” Jiyeon asked, one Wednesday morning. It had been a couple of weeks since Hani and Junhong had started dating and Hani had not stopped smiling. The only thing that dampened the mood was the deteriorating December weather.

“Uh... Sports studies,” Hani told her, after checking her timetable.

“Ew,” Jiyeon said, pulling her P.E kit from her locker.

“But didn't the teacher say something about joining with another class today?” Hani recalled as they walked to the changing room.

“He did!” Jiyeon clapped her hands. “Exciting.”

 

“Hani!”

The classes had congregated on the school field and Hani turned round to the source of her name. She soon spotted Junhong, taller than his whole class, waving his arms manically.

“Are you guys public now?” Jiyeon whispered, covering with her hand.

“I don't think so,” Hani narrowed her eyes. Junhong had a lot of creepy fangirls who would surely hurt Hani if they knew. She weaved through the crowd to see him and he ran forwards to her, catching her in a big hug and lifting her off the ground. Junhong placed a kiss on her forehead before letting her go, smirking when the people around them gasped.

“Oppa!” a girl lurched forward, grabbing Junhong's wrist. “I thought you said you didn't have a girlfriend?”

Junhong ignored her, shrugging the girl's hand off his wrist. “Hani, can I be your partner today?”

“I said I'd go with Jiyeon,” Hani shook her head, turning towards Jiyeon, who was standing with Jongup.

“She can go with Jongup!” Junhong pulled Hani close to him, opening his eyes wide and puffing out his cheeks. “Please?”

“Fine,” Hani huffed, smiling.

 

The next day was when the abuse started. Snide comments, her chair being pulled from beneath her, water on top of her locker- it all happened to Hani. One more week, she'd tell herself. One more week until the Christmas holidays. Ever since she and Junhong had revealed their relationship things had been going downhill, but she didn't let that get to her. She was becoming closer with Zico again, somehow she was becoming friends with Junhong's friends, and she had Jiyeon. There was nothing missing, really. At least that's what she told herself.

 

Junhong walked Hani home from school nearly every day now. If he couldn't, he'd phone her the night before, so Zico could pick her up. Between the two of them, Hani was almost never unattended. In some ways this was good; it made her feel loved and cared about, but sometimes it was almost creepy.

 

“Are you going to see your parents over Christmas?” Zico asked on Saturday morning as he drove Hani to dance.

“I think so. Oh, I've been meaning to ask- do you want to come?”

“I'd love to!” Zico grinned. “If that's okay with you?”

“If it wasn't would I have suggested it?” Hani laughed. “Thanks,” she waved goodbye as she stepped out of the car and into the dance studio.

 

Hani stepped out into the bitter cold that evening after dance, looking for Zico's car. Instead she was greeted by a backhug from Junhong, who turned her around to face him.

“I was wondering if I could take you out tonight?” Junhong bent down to Hani's eye level.

“I'd really like that,” Hani nodded. “Can I get changed first?”
“Of course, baby,” Junhong took her hand and began leading her away from the door.

“Are we walking home?”

“Nope.”

“Why are we- oh.”

Junhong gestured to a shiny new motorbike, parked up by the side of the road. “It's pretty, huh?”

“It's great.”

“Not as pretty as you,” Junhong said, lifting Hani up and dropping her onto the back of the bike. “I got my license today.” He then took Hani's arms and wrapped them tightly around his waist, before placing a small helmet onto Hani's head and doing it up.

 

The wind rushed past the couple as they rode and Hani wished she'd worn more clothes. The cold wasn't bitter anymore; it was numbing. The warmth from Junhong's back as he concentrated on the road was the only thing keeping her from pneumonia, Hani thought. She rested her head on Junhong's back, shivering, willing the bike to go faster so she could get home.

 

“Hey, Zico,” Hani greeted as she ran inside from the cold. Junhong followed, closing the door.

“Are you staying?” Zico asked as Hani threw her bag on the floor.

“I'm getting changed then Junhong's taking me out,” Hani said as she ran up the stairs, soon unable to hear any of the conversation that followed.

“Where are you going?” Zico stood up, trying to look intimidating.

“I'm taking her out to the riverside, there's a really nice restaurant there,” Junhong told him.

“Make sure she's warm, and eats well, then,” Zico nodded, sitting back down.

“Is it okay if she comes back to my house afterwards?” Junhong asked cautiously.

“Absolutely not,” Zico shook his head violently. “You'll bring her straight back here, before midnight at the latest.”

Junhong gave in, defeated. He took out his phone while they waited for Hani to come back downstairs.

 

“Should we go?” Hani bounced down the stairs, smiling brightly. She'd changed into a pair of skinny jeans and an oversized sweater. She pulled a thick jacket from the hook on the wall and looked to Junhong.

“Yeah,” Junhong said, not quite able to take his eyes off Hani.

“See you!” Hani waved to Zico. He lifted a hand to the couple.

 

“Where are we going?” Hani asked as she hooked her arms around Junhong again.

“Somewhere really great,” Junhong grinned as he kissed Hani's forehead before putting her helmet on.

Finally updated huhu~ i hope you guys like it!!

and you know

if you were feeling really nice

could you all possibly

maybe

if you feel like it

could you vote for this fic???

please????

thank you<3