Jealousy

In Denial

 

Hani couldn't describe her emotions when she stepped off the stage. The crowd was cheering, she was grinning, everyone was hugging her- she felt amazing. When Junhong came to hug her, he held on longer than anyone else, earning a glare from Zico. Without warning, he took Hani's hand and led her outside, where small clouds formed in the air as they breathed.

 

“You can probably guess what I'm going to ask you now,” Junhong gave a small smile, taking both of Hani's hands and turning her to face her. Hani looked away, nodding.

“Do you want me to ask you properly?”

“Yes.”

“Hani,” he started, sounding nervous. “Hani, will you be my girlfriend?”

Hani knew that was coming, but she didn't foresee the impact. A boy- a hot boy, a popular boy, a nice boy- was showing an interest in her and she didn't know how to react. Hadn't she watched enough movies to know what to do?

“I- uh- yes.”

Junhong's face lit up and he flung his arms around Hani once again, holding her tightly. The two of them stayed like that for a while, arms around each other, until Hani felt herself shiver.

“Are you cold?” Junhong asked. Hani nodded. He removed his jacket and placed it around Hani's shoulders.

“Thanks,” Hani smiled.

 

They stayed outside for a while, talking about the club- Junhong was surprised when she said it was her first time going.

“I've been going since I was 14,” he told her.

“And do your parents know that?” she grinned cheekily.

“Shh!” Junhong laughed, pressing his finger against Hani's lips. Hani's big eyes watched him calmly. Suddenly Junhong removed his finger and kissed her cheek ever so gently, then took her hand and pulled her back inside.

 

“Hani!” Zico ran over as soon as he heard her laughter echo like tiny bells through the room. “Where did you go?”

“I was with Junhong,” Hani told him, pointing at the taller blonde. Zico felt slightly intimidated by his height and gulped.

“Well- don't run off again. Stay in here now; I need to take you home.”

“Can't we stay longer?” Hani complained. Zico shook his head.
“You have dance tomorrow, right? I'm gonna go tell Kyung we're leaving.”

Zico turned away and weaved through the men to Kyung. Hani brushed her hair out of her face.

“Text me, yeah?” Junhong hugged Hani again.

“Will do,” Hani smiled into his chest.

“Hani!” Zico was making a habit of calling her proper name in public. “I promised your mother you'd always be home by midnight.”

Hani groaned. “Seriously?” And he had to bring it up here?

“You- you live with Zico?” Junhong asked, confused.

“Yeah. Only temporarily, though. My parents moved to Busan and I wanted to finish this year here, so...”

“Hani.” Zico nudged her again, looking restless. “Let's go.”

“Bye, Junhong.” Hani stood on her tiptoes to kiss his cheek. “See you soon.”

 

Zico hoped Hani couldn't see his jealousy as they walked to the car together. After returning Junhong's jacket she was freezing, and wrapped her arms around herself to conserve heat. Looking back, Zico wished he could be the one to keep her warm.

“I'm guessing you're with Junhong now,” Zico said as they began to drive home.

“You guessed right,” Hani replied shortly, still annoyed that he'd dragged her away.

“Congrats,” he said through gritted teeth. He hated Hani acting like this. It made him feel even worse than before.

 

 

Where the hell was Hani? It was Saturday afternoon and Zico hadn't stopped pacing since he woke up and Hani wasn't in her bed. He was starting to panic. What if she'd run off with Junhong? How would he get her back? What would he tell her parents? She didn't... hate him, did she? Zico clutched at his face, trying to remember if she'd told him where she was going, but to no avail.

 

There was no one at the dance studio as the teacher had gone on holiday. Hani went in anyway. She needed to let off some steam. Was Zico just being overprotective, or was he... jealous? She felt kind of bad for how she acted yesterday but pushed that thought out of her mind as she danced. The music replayed and replayed as she worked her off in the hot studio. For November, it was getting pretty warm. Sweat dripped down Hani's spine as she danced the same routine for the 50th time. Breathing heavily when she finished, she sat down, leaning against the mirror.

“I'll just... rest...” she told herself before feeling her eyelids dropping down and the exhaustion of last night settling in. A nap couldn't hurt, could it?

 

I haven't updated for weeks and i feel really bad so now you're gonna get a ~double update~ yayay ilu all