Chapter 2

The Three Words I Wanted to Hear

 

 When they finished their drinks, which Daehyun paid for, they walked to a nearby playground.

“Minhee, remember the first time I confessed to you?” Daehyun asked as they sat on the swings.

“Of course I do. That was the best day of my life.” Minhee smiled.

~Flash Back~

-8 months ago-

At that time, it was obvious to people around them that they liked each other, but Daehyun and Minhee were too shy to admit it. One day, Daehyun told Minhee that he was going to take her somewhere. Daehyun told Minhee to get on his bike and hold on to him. Minhee did as she was told and they rode off. Little did she know, Daehyun had a surprise planned out for her.

Daehyun brought her to an outdoor movie theatre. They were the only ones there.

“Aren’t we supposed to come here in cars?” Minhee asked

“Who says we can’t sit out here and watch?” Daehyun replied as he took out a blanket from his bike’s basket and laid it out.

He gestured for her to sit and she did. They were watching a romantic comedy. It was a very good movie. At the end of the movie, there was a message on the screen. “Minhee, I like you. Will you be my girlfriend? –Daehyun” Minhee’s eyes widened and she looked at Daehyun.

“Well?” Daehyun hesitantly asked.

Minhee stared at him with a blank expression.

“YES YES YES!!!!!” Minhee shouted while attacking Daehyun with a hug. It was the best day of their lives.

 

~End of Flash Back~

 

“Do you know how happy I was the day you confessed?”  Minhee asked.

“Do you know how nervous I was? I almost thought you would say no.” Daehyun chuckled.

Daehyun turned his head to look at Minhee. Minhee did the same.

“Minhee I need to tell you something” Daehyun said while blushing

“What is it?” Minhee asked.

“I….I..” Daehyun stuttered while looking down.

“I NEED TO GO TO THE BATHROOM. WAIT HERE” Daehyun shouted and ran off, leaving Minhee confused. He earned a bunch of stares from people around him.

Daehyun ran and dashed into the bathroom, at the café. Daehyun looked in the mirror. “Aish! Why can’t I say it? I had it all planned out.” Daehyun said as he ruffled his hair. “I’m such an idiot” Daehyun whispered. He splashed some water on his face.

*Okay Daehyun, you can do this. Just go up to Minhee and say “I love you”* Daehyun thought to himself as he walked out of the café. He started to feel dizzy. He stumbled a bit but used the wall to steady himself.

“Hyung, are you okay?” Daehyun’s neighbor, Zelo, asked. He was walking to the grocery store and stopped when he saw Daehyun stumbling.

“Yeah, I’m fine. Just a little dizzy, that’s all.” Daehyun said.

“Are you sure?” Zelo asked, with a worried expression.

“Yeah, I’m fine. Just a little rest and I’ll be good in no time.” Daehyun said as he put on a fake smile which Zelo apparently bought.

“If you say so. Well, I’ll be going then. See you later hyung!” Zelo smiled and walked away.

When Daehyun felt less dizzy, he went back to the playground.

“What took you so long?” Minhee asked with a worried expression. “I was just about to call you.”

“Sorry. I ran into a friend.” Daehyun said with a smile.

“Well, call me next time. I was worried…..” Minhee muttered as she looked at the ground.

Daehyun raised Minhee’s head and kissed her forehead.

“Sorry for worrying you. I’ll call you next time. Okay? Now let’s go to my place. I still have one more surprise planned out!” Daehyun took Minhee’s hand. “Okay. Let’s go!” Minhee smiled and they walked off.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Daehyun covered Minhee’s eyes and led her into his house. He took her to his room. “Wait here! I need to get the things prepared. Don’t come out!” Daehyun closed the door.

Minhee looked at the things in Daehyun’s room. On his desk was a picture of them at an amusement park they went to. It was a very fun day for the two of them. Daehyun’s homework was scattered across his desk. She chuckled and arranged them into a pile.

She looked at his bookshelf and saw a photo album. She picked it up and flipped through the pages. It was memories of them together. Minhee smiled as memories of their 8 months together came though her mind.

A few minutes later, she heard a knock on the door. Daehyun walked in. “I’m done now! Come” Daehyun covered Minhee’s eyes once again as he led her through his house. Daehyun told Minhee to look and uncovered her eyes.

“Surprise!” Daehyun exclaimed as he led Minhee to her seat at the table, across from him. Daehyun prepared dinner for them. On the table were candles. There was also steak, soup, steak, and a cake. On the cake, it said “Happy 8 month anniversary Minhee!”

“Daehyun this is so sweet.” Minhee said as she got teary eyed. “Hey! Don’t cry! It’s our special day. I don’t want to see your tears” Daehyun chuckled as he reached to wipe her tears that were beginning to fall. “Let’s eat!” Daehyun gestured at the food. They began to eat and talk.

When they finished their meals, they began to exchange presents. Minhee got them couple rings, and a watch for Daehyun, and Daehyun got Minhee a necklace. “Thanks oppa. I love it! Sorry I couldn’t do much though… You prepared most of the things today…..” Minhee apologized. “Anything for you!” Daehyun winked at Minhee. Minhee blushed and looked at the floor. Daehyun chuckled.

They spent the rest of the evening watching TV while cuddling. They later, fell asleep. It was a peaceful night.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the second chapter! Enjoy! Remember to leave a comment! :D