Chapter 5

The Three Words I Wanted to Hear

<<< REWIND

 “Daehyun, we have run some scans on you and I’m afraid we have some bad news. You have leukemia. We need to do more tests to determine what stage it’s at and if we can treat it. We will run some tests tomorrow. For now, it’s best that you rest.” The doctor left.

Daehyun had a blank expression on his face. *I have leukemia?*

Daehyun’s father also had leukemia. Sadly, it was untreatable and he passed away when Daehyun was 5. Daehyun’s mother was heartbroken and she suffered from depression. Everything reminded her of her husband. Then, one day she suddenly left.

Since then, Daehyun had been living with his aunt and uncle until he was old enough to take care of himself. Sadly, his aunt and uncle died of age 2 years ago.

>>>FAST FOREWARD

~The Next Day~

Daehyun was awakened due to his phone ringing. He rubbed his eyes tiredly and picked up the phone. Minhee was calling. Daehyun cleared his throat and answered the phone.

“Hello? Minhee?”

The line was silent

“Minhee? Are you okay?”

"Oppa. My grandfather passed away." Minhee’s voice was hoarse.

“I’m sorry….”

The line was silent again. Daehyun could hear faint sniffling in the background.

"I have to stay for a few more days. I’m sorry, I’ll talk to you later."

"Beep Beep Beep"

Daehyun ended the call and put the phone down. It pained him to hear Minhee sounding so sad. He knew that Minhee was probably crying right now, she just didn’t want to cry in front of him. He wanted to comfort her at this moment but he couldn’t. Daehyun let out a big sigh.

While Daehyun was thinking about Minhee, Zelo entered the room and came in with a smile. He had a thermos in his hand.

“What’s in the thermos?” Daehyun asked curiously. “It’s soup. I told my mom you were sick and she told me to bring some soup over” Zelo opened the thermos and poured some soup in the cap. He took out the spoon that came with the thermos and handed it to Daehyun while sitting in a chair beside the bed.

Daehyun took the cap appreciatively and thanked Zelo. While Daehyun was drinking the soup, Zelo said something that shocked Daehyun.

“I know you have leukemia.” Zelo muttered.  Daehyun set the cap on the table and looked at Zelo.

“How did you know? Daehyun asked in a monotone voice. “I asked the doctors” Zelo replied. “Did you tell anyone?” Daehyun asked, mostly referring to Minhee. “Don’t worry, I didn’t tell Minhee noona”

Daehyun sighed in relief. Daehyun was surprised Zelo knew who he was talking about. Sometimes, Zelo just knew him a little too well for his liking.

“When are you planning to tell her? You can’t hide it from her forever”

Daehyun sighed for the 3rd time today. “Her grandfather passed away. It’s not the right time to say it now”

*It’s not like I can hide it from her forever anyways. I might not live that long*

Daehyun added in his head.

-------------------------------------------

-sigh- I'm sorry for the short updates. It's better than nothing right?

OH YEAH AND I FORGOT.

OMG GUYS HURRICANE WAS JUST AGSYDSIGFKF. AND ALSO BAD MAN IS COMING OUT SOON!! AGGSGSGDHKF. I CAN'T WAIT FOR BADMAN, SERIOUSLY. Are there any Exo, Vixx and SHINee fans? DID YOU GUYS SEE THE MV??? FOR GROWL, G.R.8.U AND BOYS MEET U? I WAS DYING. THE SONG IS JUST FANTASTIC

Okay sorry, hope you enjoyed this chapter and leave a comment xD