Chapter 7

The Three Words I Wanted to Hear

 

It had been 2 days since Daehyun left the hospital and Zelo still had a hard time believing that Daehyun was fine. One day he has leukemia and a few days later he's completely fine?
 
Daehyun and Zelo had just returned from buying groceries.
 
"For the 20th time, I am fine! Stop treating me as if I broke my arm or something" Daehyun walked away from Zelo.
 
"Are you 100% sure you're fine? Maybe we should go to the doctors and chec--- NO HYUNG DON'T CARRY THAT. WHAT IF SOMETHING HAPPENS AND YOU END UP IN THE HOSPITAL AGAIN?" Zelo rushed to Daehyun and took the bag of groceries from him.
 
Daehyun rolled his eyes. "Zelo. I. Am. Fine."
 
Daehyun took the bag of groceries back from Zelo and started to put the products in the right places. "You're exaggerating. You're even worse than Minhee when she's worried about me"
 
"Speaking of Minhee noona, when is she coming back? It's been a while since I've seen her" Zelo leaned against the kitchen counter while looking at Daehyun.
 
"She's supposed to come back today. That's why I bought groceries. I'm gonna cook for her. Do you want to join us?" Daehyun offered.
 
"No thanks. I don't want to be the third wheel in your dinner" Zelo said sarcastically.
 
"I didn't know you could cook" Zelo blinked.
 
“Well now you know” Daehyun smirked.
 
Zelo rolled his eyes. “Well I’m gonna go home now. Enjoy your date!” Zelo walked to the door and left.
 
When Daehyun was done putting away the groceries he went to lock the door.
 
“Okay, time to start cooking”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Minhee had just finished getting dressed for tonight's dinner. She waited until it was time to go. Right now it was 8:30 so she still had half an hour until she was going to go to Daehyun's house.
 
"What should I do now?" She wondered out loud.
 
Minhee yawned. "I'll just take a nap". She went to her bed and slept.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Minhee woke up and checked the time. She looked at the clock in shock. -9:30- "SHIIII-- IM LATE" she grabbed her purse and rushed to Daehyun's house.
 
She used her key to his house that Daehyun gave her, and opened the door. When she walked in, the dining room lights were on. She walked to the living room.
 
Daehyun was asleep with his head on the table. His arms were supporting his head. On the table was spaghetti, garlic bread, wine and a vase filled with roses.
 
Minhee walked closer to the sleeping Daehyun. She chuckled. "He looks cute while sleeping" she thought. She bent down and gently brushed his bangs off of his face. 
 
She smiled softly. "Thanks for doing  this" she whispered.
 
Suddenly, Daehyun's eyes fluttered opened. He looked at Minhee through half lidded eyes. Minhee's eyes widened. "I--you were asleep-- I didn't want to wake you up" She stuttered, shocked that he was awake.
 
Finally processing what was happening, Daehyun shot up,  falling off his chair in the process. Minhee stepped back, startled.  Daehyun landed on the ground.
 
"Ahh." Daehyun winced and rubbed his behind. 
 
Minhee blinked a few times before exploding with laughter. "HAHAHAHA. PFFTTT. THE LOOK ON YOUR FACE" she clutched her stomach in laughter.
 
"Stop laughing" Daehyun said, embarrassed. 
 
She calmed down. "I'm sorry, it's just--" she started laughing again. After a few more seconds of laughing, she stopped. Wiping a tear out of her eye, she offered Daehyun a hand. He took it and she pulled him up. 
 
"Are you okay?" She asked.
 
"I'm fine. When did you get here?" Daehyun asked, still a bit embarrassed.
 
"I got here a few minutes ago and saw you sleeping" 
 
"So you decided to stare at me?" He raised a brow.
 
Now it was Minhee's turn to be embarrassed. "I uhh......Wow look at the food!" She forced a laugh and faced the table, "admiring" the food. 
 
Daehyun fought back a laugh. "Changing the subject, are we?" Daehyun thought. He hugged Minhee from behind and whispered in her ear, huskily. 
 
"Why were you staring at me?"
 
Minhee was flushed. She took a few deep breaths. "I just did okay? Now let go"  She squirmed. His grip on her tightened. "What if I don't want to?" He whispered huskily again. 
 
She turned her head to look at him and glared.
 
He stopped teasing her and put his hands in the air. "Okay, okay I surrender"
 
Minhee rolled her eyes and smiled. "C'mon lets eat" she sat down while Daehyun sat across from him. They began to eat.
 
"You are a really good cook. Maybe you should open up your own restaurant later on" she joked. 
 
Daehyun smiled softly. "I'm glad you like it". 
 
"Is It just me or did he sound sad?" Minhee thought.
 
Daehyun suddenly spoke up. "Minhee ah."
 
She pushed the matter aside and answered. "Hmm?"
 
Daehyun opened his mouth to speak but was interrupted by his phone ringing. He looked at the caller ID. "I'll be right back". He went to the bathroom and answered the phone.
 
After 5 minutes, Daehyun came out. Minhee looked at him. "Who was it?" 
 
"Oh it was just Zelo. He wanted to ask something, that's all" he smiled.
 
"Maybe it's just me again but that smile looked kind of fake..." Minhee thought as they ate in silence. 
 
Minhee was going to ask what he wanted to tell her before but decided against it. After that phone call, Daehyun looked out of it. He was staring blankly, lost in thought. "I'll ask later" she thought and continued eating.
 
----------
LOL I THINK THIS IS THE LONGEST CHAPTER I'VE WROTE SO FAR xD Anyways, thanks for those who subscribed so far! I really appreciate it >.<
 Oh and check out the story my friend is writing! It's a Jonglo one and I'm a co author along with another friend :D
http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/533359
 
Anyways, please leave a comment and subscribe!