Chapter 6

The Three Words I Wanted to Hear

A/N: Please note that I’m not a doctor or anything so the information here probably isn’t 100% accurate or true. Enjoy~

 

After multiple tests on Daehyun’s condition, it was time to get the results. Daehyun laid on the bed while staring at the ceiling, waiting for the doctor to come in. Oddly, he wasn’t nervous or anything. He felt calm.

The doctor came in, holding a folder. Daehyun sat up straight. He noticed the doctor’s frown while looking at the folder and he knew that the news he would be getting, wasn’t good.

“I’m afraid your condition has worsened since the last test. The leukemia has spread to your brain and spinal cord. Regular chemotherapy cannot cure this. To treat this we will have to inject drugs into your spinal cord. We will need your permission before we inject the drugs”

The doctor hesitated, before speaking. "And also, before you make your decision, I have to tell you, the medicine can either cure your sickness, or make it worse. If the medicine makes it worse, you can possibly die, earlier than if you hadn’t taken the treatment" 

If Daehyun had to answer that question one year ago, he wouldn't have minded dying. It's not like he had anything to live for. One of his parents died, the other left him and the 2 people that were the closest to being family, had died too. He had no one. 
But now, it was different. Now, he had a friend that was like his brother. Now, he had the best girlfriend he could ever dream of. Now, he was finally happy.

 It's funny how much a year can change a person. 

If there was a chance that he could live, of course he would take it. Even if that chance meant he could possibly die. It's not like he wouldn't die if he didn't take the treatment. 

After a few seconds of thinking, Daehyun answered.

 "I'll do it"

        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 After 2 days, Zelo came back to visit. He went in the room to see Daehyun packing. 

"Hyung! What are you doing? You need to stay in the hospital!" Zelo rushed to Daehyun's side. 

"It's okay now, I'm better" Daehyun sent a reassuring smile to Zelo. 

Zelo looked at him with a confused expression. 

"I got treated and now I'm better" Daehyun explained. 

"W-what? W-when? H-how?" Zelo's stuttering was interrupted by Daehyun. 

 "Don't worry about it. All that matters is, I'm fine" Daehyun finished packing his belongings and put an arm around Zelo's shoulder.
 "Now what shall we do to celebrate me leaving the hospital?"

--------------------------

Well here's the 6th chapter. Sorry i haven't been updating. I had writer's block xD

Please comment and subscribe! ^^