8 - Side Effect

Blind For Love

 

A/N: KyuHae for this chapter. We'll look back to what happened to SuJu during Yesung's 'hiatus'.

 

8 - Side Effect

(Yesung’s POV)

He pushed my head to the window.

“I told you there’s nothing to protest” Jongwoon said. “I forgot to tell you something. You shouldn’t be tricked by this. She might say no, but she’s saying the opposite. So you better do this to save your family. You see....”

“She’s good at lying”

My eyes widened. She’s such a good actress, I thought.

“Then, why are you doing this?” I asked him.

“I hate when I have unfinished business” he simply said that. “Especially at times like this. She’ll be faster to die if I do what you did”

Jongwoon glared at me. “Get out now” he said.

<<<<>>>> 

(Sarang’s POV)

“Sarang-ah, are you alright?”

I sighed as I ignored Seulmi’s question. I felt the wind blew onto my face, as my tears brought by the winter wind. I remembered Jongwoon. I can’t stop thinking about him.

He was promising something on me. That he’s back for me. He sees only me. I cried, regretting that I was rejecting him.

Suddenly, a voice message appeared on the phone. I clicked it.

“Sarang-ssi... I had a weird dream about you last night

<<<<<<>>>>>> 

(Donghae’s POV)

“Today, we’ll have a photoshoot at Gangnam-do” Manager hyung explained. “You better get ready, arraso?”

“Yeah” Kyuhyun answered as he looked outside the van. “Its only two of us, though”

“Donghae!” Manager called. I woke up from my half-sleep, as the manager tossed me the BB Cream. “Come on, you’re not going to a photoshoot with your sleepy face”

“Even though its sleepy face, I think the fans will like him” Kyuhyun commented. I looked to him, sort of agreeing gesture. “Right, Hyung?”

“For the photoshoot” I answered. “We need to look good. Sleepyface isn’t in that kind of context, Kyu”

“I thought you were agreeing me” Kyuhyun pouted. Then he looked back to the sky outside the van window. Suddenly, the phone ringed. Kyuhyun’s.

“Hyung, its Eun” Kyuhyun said. “Let me answer it for a while”

“Ne, ne” Manager said in a bored tone as he passed the phone to Kyuhyun. I watched him calling his girlfriend.

“Eo, Eunnie-ya?” Kyuhyun asked. “Mwo? You just woke up?”

Talkative Kyu comes out when he’s with his girlfriend.

“Jo Eun-ah, I have a photoshoot today” Kyuhyun said. “Maybe, we’ll meet later afterwards? The photoshoot finishes at eleven. Do you want me to buy lunch?”

How caring, I thought. My face straightened, jealous as I watched Kyuhyun calling Jo Eun.

“I think its the right place” Kyuhyun answered. “I want your cookings, Jo Eun-ah. I’m sure Donghae will like it too.... Eh? Wait, why? I thought he’d be good if we ask him too!”

“Is that really urgent?” Kyuhyun asked. “Jo Eun-ah, what are you talking about? Hyung? You mean.... oh. That’s why you said this... Sure. I’ll go alone. How’s your thesis?”

They’re hiding something... And I’m not allowed to know, I thought.

“Of course, I’ll help you with that... Ne. I’ll call you if I’m on the way, okay?” Kyuhyun said before he kisses his phone. “Ne, take care” Kyuhyun said then he ended the call. He looked confused. The whole van was watching him.

“What?” he asked. “I’m just talking with my girlfriend”

“You’re mentioning me” I said. “What happened?”

“Ani, she’s just asking about you” Kyuhyun said. “Nothing’s wrong with it, right?”

Good question. Of course there is. But he’ll take this in a bad way, since I know he’s a good liar as well. I should understand that its nothing. He’s also suspecting me, knowing that I’m suspecting him too.

“Yup” I finally answered. “Nothing’s wrong”

He sighed as he stared at me. “Hyung, were you jealous?” he suddenly asked.

“What? No” I quickly answered. But Kyuhyun can read my mind.

“It was right” he concluded. “I should’ve find you a girlfriend”

“You don’t have to!” I snapped. I remembered Sarang, my possible choice. “Ah, Kyu, seriously. You don’t have to find me a girl”

“I’m not intended to be arrogant, but” Kyuhyun said. “I feel sorry to you when I called Eun. She felt sorry too, because you’re her friend... She said a few days ago she wants to find you a girlfriend, she feels bad... ever since you and Sica–”

“Don’t” I said coldly. “You don’t have to”

“Why?” Kyuhyun asked. “Your new friend?”

He refers that to Shin Sarang. “The whole dorm knows. You should thank me for saving you” he said.

“Mwo? Saving me?” I asked him.

“Well, hyung, I...” Kyuhyun cleared his throat. I looked to Manager hyung, he was talking on the phone on the front seat. Kyuhyun looked confused of what he’s saying.

“I changed your IP Address” he said. “Fans can figure this out soon. That you’ve been texting to that girl... Fans can assume this into bad expectations. I don’t want you to be in a scandal, so I did my best”

“Did your best?” I didn’t understand. “What did you do anyway?”

“There are some fans who are hackers” Kyuhyun said. “I hacked them and delete their accounts as well. Also, I made your account as invisible as possible, I even talked to the company’s server for not telling any of your accounts. I understood that you wanted to chat with fans and vice versa, but... the girl... she’ll be the consequence”

The last line echoed in my mind. I should have notice this. I should’ve think about my fans, they’ll know someday. They’ll assume bad things, that will lead to a scandal. Kyuhyun thought faster about this side effect. I was too much caring for Sarang, yet I forgot the consequences. But then, I can’t stop the weird feeling.

“That’s why I still can make it to her” I replied.

“How did it go?” Kyuhyun asked.

“The last time we chatted, she sent me an audio message” I said. “But, we’ll play it later, at the dorm”

“Hyung...” he called. “Do you tell her... that you’re a celebrity?”

I remembered the talk I had with Sarang. I never told her. Never. I told her that we have the same interest in music. Yet we like to make songs. But she never asked who I am. I, too, never said who I am. I don’t want her to see me as an idol.

“I want her to see me as a normal guy” I said. “Not an idol”

“She’ll know someday” Kyuhyun said.

 “But I can’t tell her now” I said. “Sarang, I dont want her to end up the same. I don’t want her to unfriend me when she knows that I’m an idol. Even Sica, you knew she doesn’t want to harm our idol status”

“At least Shin Sarang is not an idol, hyung” Kyuhyun patted my shoulder.

Three hours later.

I’m still curious on what’s going on.

I almost involved in Kyuhyun and Jo Eun’s plan, but they canceled it. What are they doing? Is there something to hide? I thought there’s nothing in between.

“Assistant Kwon” I called him. “Please let me listen to them”

I watched the couple from the outside. I can’t believe I was this curious.

<<<<<>>>>>> 

(Kyuhyun’s POV)

I thought Jo Eun was going to tell me in the restaurant. But I didn’t realize, the place was too crowded.

So we decided to talk about it on our tree.

She looked to the city view, then she looked back to her bag. She found something and pulled it out.

“I know this is bad” she said. “I did a big mistake”

Its a green folder with the label “Confidential” on it. Of course, anything confidential must be a secret. What is she doing with this files anyway?

“Jo Eun-ah” I called her. “What is this thing?”

“Yesung-oppa...” she stuttered that name. “Yesung-oppa... do you...”

“I don’t know” I understood her questions. “I thought we shouldn’t talk about him”

“I thought he’s your brother, whom you cared of!” Jo Eun snapped, she looked surprised with my words. I sighed, knowing that there’s still people who just can’t accept the truth.

“I don’t, alright?” I said. “He decided to leave. He wants to. No one’s allowed to know his reasons, because he closed it with his own hands”

“It doesn’t solve anything” Jo Eun protested. “Kyu, that’s where it is. Don’t you think its weird? Yesung-oppa was supposed to be more patient than everyone else! He always did, and its weird if he gave up”

“Eun, why do you care about this so much?!” I grabbed the file and opened it.

“Jo Eun-ah....” I widened my eyes as I looked to what’s inside.

<<<<<<>>>>>> 

(Jo Eun’s POV)

I do feel weird. I felt weird with the whole situation.

Ever since Taehyun left, Yesung was never better. He looked worse, and the color in him was fading. He became darker than his image.

If it wasn’t for that damn confidential file. I remembered two days ago when I got that file. Someone, a newbie to be exact, isn’t good at handling files.

“Miss Jo, here is the file you need” she knocked at my door and gave me the file. She gave me the file. It was a clean file, without a ‘confidential’ label in it.

But who knows? It was a medical record of Kim Yesung.

“Jo Eun-ah...”

Kyu turned me back to reality. I looked to him. He didn’t believe what did he just read. “He never tell me that he had this...” Kyuhyun said. “Do you think he knows this?”

“I don’t think so” I answered. “He’s okay so far...”

“Not until we found this” Kyuhyun looked sad. “Hyung, I didn’t know he has this kind of disease. I mean, what did he do?”

Suddenly, we heard a hard sound behind.

“Yah!” Kyuhyun shouted. “Donghae-hyung, what are you doing here?”

“So” he narrowed his eyes. “Tell me about Hyung. Something’s gone wrong, right?”

Donghae stepped forward to take the file but I stopped him.

“Yesung-oppa...” I said. “You were all wrong this time”

“He was wrong” Donghae said. But I hit his arm.

“I know I should be wrong in his case, because his girl was dying for me” I said. “But that doesn’t change anything. I still care about Yesung-oppa, and he got weirder since that”

“Jo Eun-ah, you–”

“He wasn’t enlisting to the army” I cut him off. “Brain concussion. Something happened to him, causing him this. No one knows”

“Then what about him? Does he know this stuff?” Donghae asked.

“I dont think so” Kyuhyun said. “I mean, he was normal all along”

“We should see a doctor for further informations” Donghae said. “Look here” he pointed to the file. “At least we have the doctor’s name here”

Kyuhyun took the paper and checked on it. I found some papers behind. It was the diagnosis. “Better. Even the diagnosis, we have it” I said.

I looked to the words. It was a brain concussion. Yesung had a side effect of brain concussion and he had a mild bleeding on his brain. If he’s not going for a treatment, his brain could get worse. The bleeding will get bigger and he will get a surgery if he’s getting worse.

I wonder if he’s alright.

<<<<<<>>>>>> 

(Yesung’s POV)

I reached the apartment. It wasn’t easy to walk back to the apartment. My head, there’s something weird. It felt so hurt. I held my head with my bandaged hands. But I kept telling myself I was okay, because its only came for a while and its not that bad.

I still have some things to do. I dont have time for this migraine.

But my footsteps get weaker. Its hard to walk to the stairs.

My senses divided into two. At one time I can get focused to my surroundings, but actually my mind flew somewhere else.

“Oppa!”

The voices kept echoing in my head as I lose my consciousness.

I heard footsteps. Someone’s screaming. The voices kept echoing, calling me as everything gets blackout.

 I was too late to find out who.

<<<<<>>>>

 

 

 

 

A/N: hello everyone! I'll be alive for today only in AFF. I'll be back again soon.

Thanks for the new suscribers! Your honest thoughts and questions are appreciated.