6 - We? Start Over?

Blind For Love

 

6 – We? Start Over?

(Yesung’s POV)

“I’ll… do it”

Jongwoon smiled in satisfaction. “The photo’s deleted. Now, the Shin sisters…”

The next thing happened was he punched me several times. Leaving bruises all over me. I was nothing compared to Jongwoon’s fighting skills. I never thought he would suddenly do that, but everytime I tried to fight back, Jongwoon reacted and punched me harder. I knocked out as he ran with his cap.

Jongwoon bumped a lady, but the lady didn’t notice him. He ran away.

“Help!” I shouted. “Help me!”

The lady ran to me. “Jongwoon-ssi!” she exclaimed. Its Seulmi.

“Jongwoon-ssi, are you okay?” she looked worried. I stood up and walked to her, but a few steps felt so heavy. I lost my balance, but Seulmi caught my arm.

“Seulmi-ssi, I can do–”

“Just shut up and follow me” she said. “I’ll help you, arasso?”

“Ne” I nodded as she brought me to the hotel’s nursery room. She took out some bandage and an ointment. She sat beside me, which made me nervous.

She looked scared. Her body trembled. “W-what happened?” I asked her.

The cotton on her hand dropped, but I quickly take it and put it on her hand. I was about to take the ice-pack but she stopped my hand. Her hand felt so cold on mine, unlike my hand which is very warm. A tear escaped from her eye, as my thumb moved to wipe it. She took some deep breaths.

“S-sorry…” she said. “I… I’m afraid of blood”

She slowly starts to put the ice pack on my forehead. I smiled, try to tell her that its okay. “Its okay. Don’t be afraid” I smiled. She looked to my eyes. She looked convinced, so she continued. When the icepack touched my skin, she quickly close her eyes.

“You did it” I laughed a bit looking at her acts. “Its okay. The bleeding has stopped already”

“The bleeding… stopped?”

“Yes” I smiled. She opened her eyes and sighed.

She applied the ointments, sticked the band-aids and also put the icepack on my bruises. She’s afraid of blood, but she refused not to help. Everytime I denied and tried to do it myself, she stopped me and told me she wants to do it by herself. Why? Is it because she…

“Thanks” I said. She shyly smiled, then looked down.

“You must be wondering why I forced myself to do this” she said. She read my mind, but she can’t stop trembling, remembering what she did.

“I told you, I can do it by myself” I said. “Why do you have to force yourself?”

“I want to overcome my fear” Seulmi answered. “Unlike my sister, I can’t be a doctor. I’m afraid of blood. Even if its just a bruise, I’m afraid. I would just tremble if I see blood”

“Have you tell a doctor about your phobia?” I asked.

“No” she shook her head. “I hate hospitals”

She looked sad. I hold her hand, which made her looked right to my eyes.

“Thanks… Jongwoon-ssi"

Her smile. Exactly like Taehyun.

She pat my shoulder. “Get well soon, Jongwoon-ssi” she said as she got up and walked away. “I’ll get you some tea. You, stay here and let your bruises dry for a while”

Her words made me in a flashback.

“I’ll get you some tea. You, stay here and let your bruises dry for a while”

“Taehyun-ah, where are you going?” I asked her who’s leaving me.

“I’m just gonna get some tea” she said. “No sugar, don’t worry. I know you don’t like sugar”

When she left me, I remembered how sweet she was. She helped me, who just had a little bruise on my shoulder, but she wouldn’t let me help myself.

“I’m back” Seulmi opened the door, with two cups of green tea on her hands. “Here’s your tea” she handed the cup.

“Thanks” I was about to take it, before…

“Your hands” she looked to my hands. “Let me help you. You can’t drink with those bandaged hands”

“Seulmi-ssi, I can–”

“Let me help you” she beg on me with her puppy eyes. Reminds me of Taehyun, I thought. I looked to her face, who consentrated.

“Open your mouth and bite the glass” she ordered. I opened my mouth a bit and caught the glass with my teeth. Slowly, Seulmi tilted the glass a bit, as the tea flows into my throat. Somehow it was warm… and sweet. I forgot that the tea was sweet, but the sweet taste isn’t that bad. She held it and waited until I finished the whole cup.

“Whoa” she looked to the cup. “Its empty. Was it because the tea is sweet?”

“Frankly, I hate sugar” I said. Seulmi’s eyebrows furrowed.

“Then why did you drink it?” Seulmi asked. “I’ll make you another one then”

She was about to take a thousand steps away, but I stopped her and held her hand. I looked to her eyes. “You don’t have to” I said. “Seulmi-ssi, you did too much”

“Its not the same as the harsh things I did to you” she answered. “Let me–”

“Stop” I said. I realized it sounded harsh. She suddenly looked back to me, her eyes stared at me with a blank stare.

Seulmi opened , tried to say something. But before she can talk…

The door opened.

“Oh, Hyung! You’re here!”

<<<<<<>>>>> 

I looked to my bandaged hands. That bastard Jongwoon broke my hands, damn. I really wanted to sleep now, but the younger one interrogates me. Explaining everything I had a few minutes ago, its not easy. Seulmi, she’s not an easy one to explain. Yet her weird acts. But my head’s boiling, can’t help but to tell. I’m not supposed to be a chicken when a bastard just broke my two precious hands.

“Hyung!” Jongjin called me for the umpteenth time. “Seriously, Hyung. You’re making me worried!”

“Some bastard just hit me” I started. Jongjin gasped, his eyes widened.

“I’m fine, if you want to ask” I said, looking to him. “Someone named Kim Jongwoon made a deal with me”

“Kim Jongwoon?” he asked. “Why did he do that to you? Hyung, I’ll find him and–”

“It won’t work” I said. “Its not that easy”

“Then, what are we going to do?”

I steepled, my elbows on my lap. I couldn’t help but to follow the deal he made now.

“I have to” I said. “I have to do this”

“Hyung, are you crazy?” Jongjin stood up. “Why? You should’ve get back! You shouldn’t take it!”

I sighed. “I can’t, Jongjin. I can’t!” I said in a cold tone.

“He was threatening me” I continued. “He’s going to put my father in prison”

“MWO??!!” he shocked. “Aish! A bastard he is!”

“Look, Hyung” he said. “You should call for help. You won’t gonna face him alone!”

He’s loyal indeed, I thought.

 

<<<<<<>>>>> 

(Sarang’s POV)

Its just another day.

I woke up early in the morning for exercise. I usually do some rope-jumping, or in the other words, skipping. Some habits are just done easily, even though I was blind. Although Seulmi often asked about rashes on my knees, but most of the time, I didn’t trip.

“Skipping again?”

Seulmi appeared into the room, asking me. “I thought you should writing songs” she said.

“I can do that later” I said.

498, 499, 500!

I finished as I lay down on the floor. Seulmi noticed it and now she leaned closer on me.

“Jongwoon looked for you” Seulmi suddenly said.

“Why would he find me?” I asked.

“I don’t know” Seulmi said. “You two should talk. I think he wants to get back to you”

“He wants a start over” Seulmi concluded. I stood up.

“We? Start over?” I asked. “I can’t believe it”

Suddenly, the phone rang. Its Seulmi’s. “Yeoboseyo?” she said. Seulmi’s voice lowered and gone, as I heard her footsteps leaving the room.

I came into my room and felt all the things are boxed. What happened here? What just happened?

“Unnie!” I looked for unnie. “Unnie, where are you? Unnie!!”

I sighed. Then suddenly, there’s a voice mail, coming from my phone. I clicked to open it.

“Annyeong, Sarang-ssi! This is me, Donghae. Do you remember? It’s the first time I do this, so, is it okay?

“Ah, Donghae…” I remembered him from the KakaoTalk. “I should reply this, then…” I ordered the phone to reply. Unnie bought me a phone than give orders just by speaking it out.

“Donghae-ssi, annyeong” I talked to him. “Yes, I do remember you. Its also my first time… well, what are you doing anyway?”

“I think today I’m going to move somewhere” I continued. “The things in my house are now in boxes… Hmm, let me check is there anything unboxed in here”

I took my cane and walked downstairs. Everything’s in the box. “Whoa, everything’s boxed in here” I touched them all with my cane. Then, something’s blocking my way.

“Oh!” I looked down. “Donghae-ssi, do you want to hear me… play piano?”

I touched the piano, remembering there’s this one song that I can play, even with my eyes closed. I used to play piano before I’m blind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP4Y_ZjeQvk

There was no mistake when I’m playing it, I play it as if I’m normal.

“I hope you reply” I said before I clicked on the send button. I played another song. I also used to play Yiruma’s songs.

But when my hands about to reach the piano, suddenly someone, rang the bell.

I walked to find the intercom. “Who is this?” I asked.

“Its me, Jongwoon” he said. I don’t want to make him suspicious on me, so I decided to let him in.

“Come in” I said. He wouldn’t guess that.

“Everything’s here is boxed already” he checked. “Seulmi told me that you two are going to the new apartment”

“Ne” I said as I sat back to the piano. “Jongwoon-ssi, don’t you find this weird?” I asked him.

“There’s nothing weird with moving” he said, doesn’t know my point.

“Well you’re right” I said. “But moving in all of sudden, its just feels weird for me”

“Maybe its a surprise” Jongwoon said.

“Seulmi is going to the movers to take some documents, and something’s coming up in her office” he continued. “So, she asked me to bring you there… And the movers will move the boxes to your new apartment”

“What about Seulmi?” I asked. “Why am I going with a stranger?”

“Seulmi will catch us up later” Jongwoon said. “She’ll be mad if you don’t come now”

I tried to think positive. “Maybe the new apartment will be better than this!” I chirped as I played the piano randomly in a happy tone.

“Geunde” I stepped to random directions. “Can we buy some ice-cream first?”

<<<<<>>>>> 

(Yesung’s POV)

If I had a job, I wouldn’t be a blind girl’s nanny.

Worse, the trusts had gone in opposites. Seulmi used to not trusting me, now she is. Sarang used to trust me, now she’s not. I wonder what did the evil Jongwoon do to her in the past. She supposed to love me, but she’s harder to read than her sister.

Along the way, we didn’t talk much. I blamed myself for this bad habit; being awkward on the first times. But I looked to Sarang, she looked happy as we go to the ice cream parlor.

“Two mints” Sarang told. We sat together. “Why did you buy me a mint ice cream?” I asked.

“You used to like mint” Sarang said. “You don’t like it now? I can change it”

“Nahhh, you don’t need to” I denied.

The things went awkward on us. Sarang eats the ice cream with a pout on her face, as if she doesn’t like it. She doesn’t even know that the ice cream is all over . I slowly took a tissue and wiped slowly. Sarang stopped eating, letting me wiped .

“Thanks” Sarang said. “The first time after three years”

“Excuse me?”

But Sarang didn’t answer. She took her cane and walked out from the ice cream parlor. I quickly stood up and follow her.

“Sarang-ah!” I called her. “Where are you going?”

Sarang didn’t answer. She walked to cross the road, when suddenly a car passed and about to hit her. I quickly pull her into a hug, pulling her away from the moving car.

“Sarang-ah…”

For the first time, I’m worried about her. And she hugged me back, thinking that I’m her ex. What did the evil Jongwoon do to her? Why is she still loving that Jongwoon?

“The scent…” she hugged tighter. But then…

“Its really you” she released. “Oppa… what was happening?”

I caressed her face, worried. I looked if there’s something hurt. “You should be careful. Did you hear any car? You shouldn’t go by yourself! Lucky you, you’re still alive” I said.

“Heol” she scoffed. “You really care about me that much? You changed a lot, Oppa”

She stood up and left me. I grunted and chased her. “I thought we should go to your new apartment!” I pulled her hand and grabbed the cane. I folded it, then I hugged her waist and carried her, ignoring Sarang who keeps struggling, hitting my back.

“Oppa! Put me down!” she was angry. But I was mad because of her. Why is she suddenly like this?

I brought her to the car and drive to the new apartment. She’s not talking at all. The GPS keeps talking in Japanese, telling where to go. I sighed. Sarang was the real bipolar. She can be like a kid at once, but she’s sometimes cold and harsh as well. My heart’s beating faster, hating this lying job all along, yet with a person like Sarang, she could’ve know.

“How long you’re gonna drive me to the new apartment?”

I turned to her. Sarang glared to the road, but I know that glare was for me.

“We’ll be there soon” I said. Deep inside, I feel bad for her.

“You better drive fast” Sarang said coldly. “I can’t stand here with you”

I sighed. “You were trusting me when Seulmi was dro–”

“That’s different” Sarang answered. “But I think you like her more”

“I like you” I said, convincing her that I’m playing a role as her boyfriend.

“You wouldn’t force me, Oppa” Sarang said. “Besides… you changed a lot. Thanks for liking me, but I think you like Seulmi more”

“I told you, I only like you” I answered. “If I don’t, I wouldn’t save you from the accident”

“That was for–” I know she’s going to say Seulmi again.

“It was never for Seulmi!” I shouted. “Shut up, Sarang-ah. We’re here anyway”

I quickly got out and harshly took her arm. Seulmi, who reached there first, folded her arms, knowing something wrong. Sarang went to Seulmi, her mood’s ruined.

“Unnie, I want to sleep” she said.

“Sleep later” Seulmi prohibiting her. Sarang grunted and went to the house by herself. Sarang yanked her arm and I followed her into the apartment.

The apartment was luxurious. Its located on an attic and was well-designed. I didn't know where did the Shin sisters get this. They are paid to live here, yet with these good facilities.

 

 

Sarang walked to the balcony. "Sarang-ah! Wait!" I called her. Sarang didn't turned around. "I thought you still love me!" I suddenly said that.

"Love you?" Sarang asked, looking to the view. "How can I love you when I dont understand you? You came back, something you dared to do after what you're doing to me. And now, you're acting as if we were together three years ago!"

"I told you" I hated to say lies. "If I dont love you, I wouldn't chase you until here"

"Then" Sarang asked again. "What took you so long? Why are you changing like this? Why are you trying to make this live, when its already dead?"

I remembered the text that Jongwoon gave to me, it was all for this. The order he gave to me.

Apologize to her, with my name.

I suddenly kneeled. "I'm sorry, Sarang-ah" I said. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry for what happened. I regret this. I really do"

But Sarang, she cried. "Go" she suddenly said.

"But-"

"GO!" she shouted. I hesitated, but Sarang pushed me into the room. I sighed and leave her. 

<<<<<>>>>

(Sarang's POV)

I kept myself frozen, while the tears can't stop falling. I heard Jongwoon-oppa's voice and Seulmi-unnie's voice echoing from inside. Even Seulmi doesn't want to help. She turned to Jongwoon's side in all of sudden. This change... he's different. Same intention, different personality. He's different, and I still can't forgive him on what happened. I followed them, and listened from the other room when they talked in the kitchen.

"She refused to talk" Jongwoon said. Seulmi sighed.

"Let her be" Seulmi said. "She wants to be alone now"

"Please tell my apologies to her" Jongwoon said. "I ruined her day"

"You're not" Seulmi answered. "We'll try next time, okay?"

"Ne" Jongwoon said. I heard some footsteps. Jongwoon's steps. But he stopped.

"Thank you for last night" Jongwoon said, but Seulmi chuckled. "No, I should be the one who thanked you"

Somehow, I didn't like it. What did they do? And why I don't like this? 

This feeling, is it jealousy?
 

 

<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>

A/N: annyeong! Sorry for making you wait on this...

I was intented to confuse you. HAHAHA. But then, everything will be clear later.

Yesung's acting was really good... but not good enough to fool the evil Jongwoon's victim.

By the way, share your thoughts! What do you think about this story so far?