3 - SR17

Blind For Love

 

A/N: the long week of exams had passed. I'm using every single chance to write, and I'm updating this one.

GUIDE TO READ THIS CHAPTER: the COLORED texts means that it is said in a different language.

 

 

3 – SR17

(Yesung’s POV)

I brought my luggages as I rushed to the boarding gate. I remembered the words as I looked to the ticket. I suddenly forgot where am I going…

Someone bumped me from behind.

“Yah!” he called. “Hyung! Ah, hyung! Mianhae!”

Its none other than this little rabbit brat, called Kim Jongjin. My best friend.

“Jongjin-ah” I straightened my face. “What are you doing here?”

“Sorry, I haven’t tell that to you” he said. “I got a deal I with a Japanese developer. They say they’ll work on with one of my designs!”

“That’s a good news” I nodded. “So you’re going to Japan…”

Before I could finish, he took my ticket. And suddenly, he hopped happily.

“We’re going together!” he jumped. “Japan Airlines to Sapporo. I can’t believe it! You’re going there too?”

Like a rabbit as always. He couldn’t stop jumping happily as we walked to the boarding gate and haven’t I tell you that he sits next to me?

“Oh, hyung, jinjja!” he was shaking my head when I buckled the seatbelt. “Why didn’t you tell me?? We should have gone together! Or you could stay with me while we’re in Sapporo. Oh, hyung, are you going for a vacation? Or you’re on the tour with the other members? Whoaaah, its unbelivable!”

“Jongjin-ah, enough already” I told him to shut up. He pouted, reacting to my words. “I’m going to hiatus”

“Mworago?” he was shocked. “So you’re on a holiday? For how long?”

“Six months”

“SIX MONTHS??” he widened his eyes as he leaned closer, another sign of his shock reaction. Apparently it is going to a higher stage. “Micheosseo? Don’t they miss you or something? You worked in a crazy company, hyung! How could they give you a long holiday like that?”

“People like me needs rest” I simply answered that. “Don’t be jealous if get such kind of holiday like this”

“Yeah, but they picked Japan” Jongjin said. “Aren’t you scared if the fans know? In less than a month, the whole world knows where you are…”

“Well, I’m not sure, but” I replied. “I’m not actually gonna stay there in Sapporo”

“Then… where are you going?”

I prepared my headphones and smiled. “I’ll tell you later. After all, I’ll need your help”

“I knew that” Jongjin smirked. “I always know what you need, hyung”

<<<<<<>>>>>> 

(Donghae’s POV)

“That girl again?” Eunhyuk asked as I smiled in all of sudden. He always knew what am I thinking. Maybe the effect of being together for years.

“Aniyo” I smiled. “Just looking into our fan-arts in the internet”

“Jeongmal?” Eunhyuk moved closer as he peeped to my laptop and I quickly hide it from him.

“You’re so curious, huh?” I glared at him and he laughed. “Or, is it because you’re jealous, because I’m with my laptop instead of you?”

“Come on, Hae” he pouted. “Its not like I don’t know anything. It’s a girl, right?”

I straightened my face, and suddenly, there’s a voice. Coming from my laptop.

“Oh, there’s a new message” he said. “You should check on that”

“Now you’re jealous, Hyukkie” I guessed that right. He is jealous. “Its only a friend” I answered that finally, since this anchovy is so jealous yet curious. His brows are furrowed, wanting more information.

“That friend has the same interest as me” I said. “We both like music, and we often share our composed songs, to each other”

“So the girl is your friend?” he asked.

“Yeah, you can conclude that way” I sighed, admitting it. “But we never met. We only met at KakaoTalk”

“For how long?” he asked.

“For two weeks, my boyfriend” I answered. “Why? Jealous? She’s just a friend”

“I’m not your boyfriend, Hae” Eunhyuk replied. “I’m not jealous. I mean, it isn’t usual to see you chatting, with a girl…”

I know its not, I scoffed as I looked to the laptop.

SR17: hey, how’s your day? Please tell me.

I smiled as I type the reply for her.

Donghae861015: I’m fine. I’ll stay at home before I went to Thailand.

SR17: when will you go then? Thailand is beautiful… I want to go there.

Donghae861015: two days later… wait, you’re going there?

“She’s going there too?” Eunhyuk’s eyes widened as I pushed him away from the screen. “Don’t peep!” I said before the message appeared again.

SR17: sorry, but I’m not going. Mianhae.

Donghae861015: yeah, its alright, Sarang-ssi. By the way, I want to know more about your new song.

I heard Manager-hyung yelled, and so I turned off the laptop to get ready for today. Still, I have schedule and I have to turn myself into this “idol mode”.

I cant stop looking to my iPhone screen as I stayed in KakaoTalk just to chat with her. She seemed so mysterious. I wanted to see her.

SR17: there! I sent an audiofile, hope you could hear my voice. I’ll wait on yours too. You’re working on a new song too, right?

Donghae861015: yes… I’ll send you later, its in my laptop, and I’m replying with my cellphone. Is that okay?

SR17: I understand. Donghae-ssi, I hope you could listen, and give your honest thoughts about it. I’m stressing on the honest! I really need some advices from a songwriter, since you’re good at it.

I chuckled. “Me? A good one? Am I?” I smirked as I typed my reply.

Donghae861015: I’ll try my best.

SR17. A weird name for a username, in my opinion. 17 must mean something to her. She’s a nice girl, but she’s untraceable. I cant see any IP Address, or anything. Just a username. She likes to write songs and has been examining on my lyrics. She’s someone who likes writing songs. Haven’t I tell you something?

SR17: [image]

Omo. I opened the image, and a Super Junior album is on a table, in that picture. I smiled. She knows Super Junior then… even showed me one of our latest albums.

SR17: I found this in the street. My unnie told me it says ‘Super Junior’ on it… Do you know what it is?

*le faints*

 

<<<<<>>>>> 

(Yesung’s POV)

“Yah! Jongjin-ah!” I shook Jongjin, who’s sleeping next to me.

“Omo!” he woke up. “Umma! Is umma here?” he looked around to find his mom.

“No!” I answered. “We’re here!”

I looked to the text message. Take the boat to Nohara, it took 3 hours from Sapporo. Not much that come to that place, and walk until you came into the city. There’s a restaurant in there.

Aish, how are we gonna get there?, I thought. I looked at my watch and its 9:54am, here in this place called Nohara. Its only a port, a typical Japanese port. Jongjin bumped behind me, his sleepy face still pasted on his face.

“Oh no” I checked my bag. “I lost my SPY album”

“Where was the last time you use that?” Jongjin asked, as his hand raised to call a taxi. “Try to remember”

I sighed as I looked around, remembering. I was about move the album to another bag when someone bumped me. It should be inside my bag.

“I think its dropped somewhere” I answered. “Well, it should be here”

“Yeah, but its lost” Jongjin said. “Maybe someone took it”

Hell no. I am in danger.

“Someone? Took it?” I got scared because of it. “Ah… ani, ani! We cant let someone have that album!”

“Why, hyung? Its not like they know K-Pop in here” Jongjin stared to the view from the window. “There’s no sign that they know K-Pop here”

“Like it or not, I’m in danger” I gritted my teeth, wondering where would it be. “Aish!”

Right after I said that word, the taxi suddenly stopped. “What happened?” we both exclaimed.

Nani ga okotta no ka?” I politely asked the taxi driver, remembering that we’re still in Japan. The taxi driver pointed outside and a girl was looking into our taxi. Her hands are touching the car then she stepped back.

“Jwesonghamnida!” I heard her exclaiming, as she bowed and continue to walk. Jongjin, who’s staring at her, his jaw dropped and his eyes are widened, as if the eyeballs are jumping out.

I looked to her hand. Her hand was holding an album.

“Wait a minute…” I gasped and automatically got out of the car. “My album!”

How come she took my album?? What the heck? She’s not even finding the owner? What is she doing?

I chased her, but she’s too far yet too fast to reach. She got into a car as I chased the car. I kept screaming but they didn’t hear anything. Somehow, I heard the music was too loud. Nothing to do but to chase it! I ran after the car, ignoring Jongjin who’s chasing with the taxi.

“Hyung! Hyung! You better get in here!” he screamed. “We’ll get that car!”

I sighed and ran into the taxi. “Please follow that car” I told the taxi driver in Japanese. We followed them, as I worried if they could recognize me. I jumped out of the car right after they stopped.

Arigatou gozaimasu” I bowed as I continued to run after them. The first girl came out, holding my album as she walked into the door. “Hey, wait!” I tried to chase her, and I made it into the house but I was stopped. This time, its another girl.

“You cant shout to her” she narrowed her eyes and stop me. “What do you want? And why do you speak in Korean?”

“What? I should ask that to you!” I struggled but she pushed me once more.

“Look, sir” she said. “I don’t want to break your bones, so, if you want to meet my sister, you better calm down and step over my dead body”

“Then tell your sister, that I need the album she was holding”  I said. “It was mine”

She folded her arms. “I don’t believe you. What are you planning to do to her?”

“Nothing but to make her return my album” I realized my tone was higher than hers. The more impatient I spoke, the more she tries to stop me. She stared at me from top to toe.

“You see, she doesn’t know anything about K-Pop” she started. “And, she cant see. That’s why she doesn’t recognize your album. But doesn’t mean you cant get the album easily”

“How can I get the album, when I’m the artist who owns that album?” my voice raised. She scoffed in anger.

“You…” she tried to say something. “So you are the artist”

I furrowed my eyebrows, her words are still grey to me.

“Well then, if you are the artist” she said, and giving a pause before she continues. “You cant get the album”

“Why–”

“You have an identity to hide” she said. “And I don’t believe you. Even though you really are the artist, you should know how to keep your identity in places like this. You’re an idol, right? Why don’t you wear disguises outside? Quickly or slowly, you’ll get recognized. Even if you are living in an isolated place, facts aren’t matter”

This girl knows how to talk.

“In here, people likes to listen to music. What if they found out your album, and start liking K-Pop? For other people, it would be good.”

Increasing fans is never wrong, you dum-dum.

“And for you, you’ll get recognized. Lucky my sister got that, and you should thank her. No one wants to get close, so they’re not recognizing the album”

I don’t need to thank your sister! Why would I give the album to someone else?

“If they see the album and know you, you’ll be in–”

“Sorry, Miss” I said. “I know your point well, and so as my point. Your intentions are not bad, but something you missed, I wont do stupid things”

“Really?” she asked. Jongjin pat my shoulder and whispered “Hyung, its useless. We’ll never win over that girl. Just ask her where is the motel!” he said. I gritted my teeth, my hands are turning into fists.

Fine. You want to win? Take it. I’ll put you in court if you ever tell the whole Nohara who I am.

“Its up to you then” I stood up. “Furthermore, do you know where to stay in this middle of nowhere town?”

Before she answer my questions, a woman came into the room. An ahjumma with a Korean face. She noticed the situation, and her eyes fell to the girl.

“Seulmi-san” she said in Japanese. “What happened in here?”

“Ah, there are these two tourists, who’s looking for a guest house” the talkative girl answered. “He’s just asking me where to stay in this town, since he’s in a vacation with his friend”

Smart. Covering my so-called crime to her sister.

“Well, there’s a guest house across the street” the lady stepped closer to me. “I’m the owner. Come on, I’ll take you to there”

Jongjin and I followed the lady, even though I wanted to go back and take the album. “I’m really sorry, boys. Good thing Shin Seulmi was with you guys” the lady said.

“So, her name was Shin Seulmi?” Jongjin asked. “And she was bringing her sister too”

“Oh, her sister? that’s Shin Sarang” the lady answered. “They just moved here for a long stay. Just like you boys. Sarang-san’s blind, so please mind her if anything goes wrong in between. She was coming to my house to use the computer set that made for the blind people. There’s no space to put it in here, because they stay here too”

I hope I got a room far-far-faaar away from these Shin sisters.

We reached the receptionist table. She told the receptionist to book a room for two.

“Many people came here for a long stay” she said. “Once they came to Nohara, they wanted to stay more”

I don’t believe that.

“Oh right, I need a name for this” she said. “On behalf of whom, if I may know?”

“Kim Jong–” I’m still too amateur to be secretive. “Jin!” Jongjin said. “Kim Jongjin it is”

“Thanks” I whispered to him before he leaned to the table to sign the paper. But the lady, she’s not stupid.

“I’m Mrs. Kamenashi” she said. “You can call me if you want me to help with something”

“Thanks” Jongjin smiled as we dashed to the room. We need to get inside the room.

The room is actually a simple one with cream all over the walls and furniture. I walked to the window and I opened the curtain. The snow looked beautiful, the lights are hanged on the leaf-less trees, as if it is Christmas. I smiled as I saw people are walking around, mostly couples. Then I looked up to the window and I saw the girl. The blind girl, she’s playing computer like a normal one. I cant believe she’s blind.

Shin Sarang, you’ll taste my revenge. 

 

 

<<<<<<>>>>>

A/N: I'm sorry for not showing any POV from Sarang. She'll narrate in the next chapter. Shin Seulmi will be a controversial character, I guess. But please tell me your thoughts! Thanks to new suscribers; octa82_ichigo, Akiilzayoi, -MrsLeeDonghae- and etudehouse who commented and liked this story :) 

I'll update soon. 

 < yesung! his expression suits the story, I think.

 

confused donghae>

And here's Shin Sarang! Too beautiful to be blind~