4 - Hypothermic

Blind For Love

 

4 – Hypothermic

(Yesung’s POV)

“Hyung~” I heard Jongjin who’s still sleeping, as I rubbed my head to get up. I was thinking it was hangover, but I realized that brat had kicked me out of the bed. One of his habits when he sleeps. I still forgive him, avoiding morning fights because Jongjin is such a kid. I groaned as the pain in my head gets worse.

Its been two days since I arrived. I’ve been gone in long sleeps and jet lags. Feeling exhausted, I challenged myself, working on how long this fatigue can recover as I sleep. Not only fatigue, but also laziness. I could finally feel peaceful. Throwing all this complicated life, forgetting them all, and just sleep. And it took two days to recover.

I took a shower to get ready, since I haven’t take a shower from the time I stepped out from my so-called mother’s house.

“Seriously? She’s going here? To Nohara? How did she know that place?”

“I checked on her immigration records… the last one was when she took a flight to Sapporo, one month ago. I thought that she was going there. She’s nowhere to be found in Sapporo”

I sighed as I looked around to this house. No signs, or evidence. Not even a photo of her. The house is clean, never touched. Nothing, but loneliness. My mother is a lonely person.

“I think you should go and find her”

I sighed. I brought nothing. How could I ever find her?

I walked down the streets, watching the light snow that’s falling this morning. I’m now really hungry, but a glimpse of a park seemed beautiful in my arms. I ordered my feet to go in there. I’m smiling as I took some pictures along the way. Something I liked from this town after all the bad incidents that happened. Its not perfect to call it a place for runaway, or a place for my hiatus. I smiled, forgetting everything.

I tried to make snow angel and played with the snow. It doesn’t feel cold, different than Korea. I feel like a child, playing with snow. But in my 30s age, I think I should be more child-like, doing these things.

“Ah! Oppa! Its so cold!”

Another hallucination.

“Aish! Its so cold!”

I didn’t know that someone’s cussing in Korean, right here in Nohara. Curious, I looked up. It was coming from the lake nearby.

“Hey, be careful!” I shouted to her in Korean, as I stepped further.

A girl was walking on the ice, picking up on something. She kneeled and looked at a necklace. Worse, she’s shivering as well, due to the bad weather today. I watched stood up. But knowing that she just cussed in Korean… There’s only a few people that I can guess.

I thought it was Jongjin. He cuss sometimes, but he’s not a girl. Cross that.

Could it be one of the Shin sisters? Sarang or Seulmi? There’s only two Korean girls in this island. The girl is not blind enough to take the necklace, but stupid enough to go to the middle of the icy lake. I peeked at her, but my mind was flying somewhere else.

“Oppa! You should come! I can walk freely here!”

“Ya ya, chagiya, be careful!” I shouted to her, but she laughed. I don’t know if I should stare to her beauty, or remind her to get back here.

“I’m fine, Oppa” she smiled. She looked to me, and she stretched out her hand, looking to me from her fingers. “You see, Oppa? I can look closer to the fishes down there!”

“Aren’t they frozen or something?” I suddenly became curious as I came closer. “What is it like inside? Tell me, chagiya”

She looked okay, as she starts to wear her necklace. She walked happily, forgetting that she’s walking on the ice. Repeat, on the ice.

“They look dark” she joked. “Just like Oppa”

“I’m not that dark, you know” I protested.

“But you really are” she giggled. “You are dark… but I still love you for that!”

I don’t know why she always send me electrons to my body whenever she says she loves me. I do love her. More than she knows. More than she could ever feel. More than anything. Without her, I’m nothing more like an ice.

She felt another presence, my presence. She turned around and saw me. We both widened our eyes. She shivered faster as she tried to walk on the icy lake. Now it felt so hard for her.

Now that I found out, I walked closer. “Walk carefully” I said coldly. “Shin Seulmi”

Her sensitiveness sensed my cold tone, so she grunted. “I don’t need your hand” she said coldly.

“Hey, get back here!” I called her. “You can’t stay there for any longer!”

“Ne!” she smiled and walked back, as if she’s walking normally.

“Shin Seulmi” I called her once more. “You–”

“Go” her cold eyes stared at me, denying every single part of me. How could this girl become so cold? What did she sees in me? I was helping her, for god’s sake! What is so bad about it? Does she want to play with pride?

If it is for your pride, fine.

I glared at her before I turned back and ready to go. She’s nothing more like an arrogant person. She doesn’t trust people easily.

One step, two steps.

“AAAHH!!”

“Oppa, just go back and find some food. I’ll be here for a while” she said. “Just go!”

I sighed, decided to follow her. I turned back and walked slowly. One step, two steps.

But…

“AAAHH!!”

“Chagiya!!”

Flashbacks went through my mind. As if I’m having a déjà vu.

“Chagiya!”

I thought nothing, I ran. I ran and swam to the cold icy lake. She was drowned, no glimpse of her getting back to the water.

I didn’t notice that the lake is very deep. She’s meters below me, her body is too weak to move. I swam further, tried to catch her. She was holding a necklace, her eyes was staring at me for a while.

The face that is similar to her.

I coughed water as we got out from the lake. She’s unconscious. I pressed my hands on her, so hard, wondering if she could ever wake up. “Yah, ireonayo!” I breathed out, trying to struggle these frostbites. She’s hipotermic. I decided to blew air to her hands. “Yah, ireonayo!” I called her once more. The color in her face starts fading. I heard her heartbeat, but she’s not breathing.

I leaned closer. Please, wake up this time!

I blew air to , giving CPR. Even was cold.

Her eyes opened, as she looked to me, stunned.

I looked to her eyes. She has the same face.

Pissed off, she pushed me and got up, leaving me who’s dumbfounded. Playing with the pride again? Lets see who has the higher pride and the colder personality.

“You” I turned her, putting my hands on her shoulders suddenly. “You could have died. You’re not even thanking me for this? What if your sister found out that you’re dying?”

“Get lost, okay” she said. “I appreciated that. Thank you. But please mind that I have other business”

“No” I pulled her back. “I’m not done yet”

“I’m done, by the way” Seulmi replied coldly. “So please understand”

“I did” I tried not to be defeated by her rockhead. “But you did not. You’re hipotermic. You should get some rest and change your clothes”

Her hands moved to her head, feeling hurt. She groaned in pain, almost lost her balance. I helped her. “You can’t even walk” I said. “Don’t talk and let me do it”

“I don’t even ask you to –”

“Just shut up!” I exclaimed to her. I gently put her arms on my shoulders, and took her thighs to carry her. Everything felt so cold when I carried her. Her eyes get sleepy, due to her sickness.

I took her to my car, borrowed from Mrs. Kamenashi. She gets sleepy, but I know she’s sick. Its signs of hypothermia.

I knocked impatiently. “Chugiyo” I called.

The door opened. It was Sarang.

<<<<<>>>>> 

(Sarang’s POV)

“Chugiyo!”

I was writing in braille, when someone knocked the door.

I took my cane and walked to the doorway. When I opened the door, I didn’t know who came in. But I felt a hot breath spewed, blowing my forehead. I tried to touch the person, but it was late.

“Your sister…” the voice was husky but not heavy, with a manly tone. Namja? Wait… a Korean guy is on the doorway right now?

But I didn’t hear any voice of Seulmi. “What happened to my sister?” I touched Seulmi, who I believed is in this guy’s arms. She’s not moving a bit, not even speaks. She was very cold when I touched her.

“She’s hipotermic” the guy continued. “Should we go inside?”

I stepped aside as I heard quick footsteps. The next sound was coming from the couch. I quickly took the blanket, remembering that Seulmi’s now hipotermic. “Unnie, wake up…” I told her, touching her foreheads. I tried to remember the treatments for hypothermia.

I remove her clothes, they’re all wet. There’s only one t-shirt remaining, and I put on a jacket on her, then covering her with a blanket. I even put some socks to her feet. Good thing there’s a fireplace, and the couch is near the fireplace.

“You’re pretty quick for your own type” he commented. “I’ve prepared green tea for us”

“Thanks” I said, feeling the heat of the fireplace near me. This stranger really made me curious. He’s a Korean, which is rare to find in this island. He saved my sister from hypothermic… did Seulmi just drowned somewhere?

“You saved my sister” I said to him. “But…”

“But what?”

“I didn’t know your name” I answered. He’s next to me, so my hands touched his. Its cold, a cold aura. He seemed not interested to share his name.

“Come on” I called him again. “Wait… You’re that Korean who just came yesterday, right?”

There were two Koreans; because I heard two different male voices. There was the one who debated with Seulmi, and the other one who sounded like a kid.

“Maybe… Kim Jongjin?” I asked. I’m unsure. He’s not Jongjin…

“Kim Jongdae? Kim Jonghyun?” I tried to guess. “Kim Jongkook? Kim Jongmin? Kim Jongtae?”

He’s still not answering!

“Maybe… Kim Jong–” Kim Jongwoon?

“Woon”

“Sorry?”

“Its Kim Jongwoon” he said. “Ah…” I nodded. “So… its Kim Jongwoon”

I sipped my green tea, wondering. But besides of cold, this Kim Jongwoon guy has a weird aura too.

"You should change too" I told him. "You dont want to end like my sister too, right? I'm sorry if the shirt doesnt suit you. Cartoons aren't guy's favorite" 

"Are you kidding me?" he asked. "I wear one of these clothes when I'm home!"

"...." I dont know what to say.

"Well, I do like cartoons" Jongwoon said. "What's wrong with it?"

His voice sounded old too... More mature. Another guessing game. 

"Ah, I'm sleepy" he yawned. "Sarang-ssi, can you-"

"YAAAAHHH!!!"

 

<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>

A/N: Another chapter... Yesung saved Seulmi from hypothermia. Something I didn't expect to write on this chapter!

On the next chapter, we'll back to Korea... hmmm, what happened there?

Please give your thoughts through your comments.

Picspam of the day:

 

LOOOLLL>>

< LOL THIS!! XDXD