1 - Pitch Black

Blind For Love

 

1 – Pitch Black

(Sarang’s POV)

The morning air seeped into my head, as I happily walked through the day. I smiled, looking to Seoul University, which has been a place I’m going for seven years. I cant believe it. I smiled, as the good news keeps me up, like an energizer bunny.

I’m going to graduate.

I looked around the room, talking to my friends as the graduation ceremony starts. I could finally get my certificate! After taking post-graduates, I could finally graduate and became a doctor.

“And for the best student… Shin Sarang!”

I was so happy!

I really was.

I looked out to the university park. I smiled along the way as I see a glimpse of someone. He told me he was late to the graduation, due to the traffic jam. I cant wait to see him.

And… he was there.

Oh my god.

“Oppa”

I knew his name, Oppa. Well, lets just call him Oppa, for now. Oppa sat on the bench, under the tree we used to play together. Oppa smiled warmly, never failed to make my heart melts. Unexpected, Oppa prepared his bento for me.

“Sarang-ah” he smiled back. “Just in time, I think we should have this together”

“Well, we should” I answered. “Shall we?”

“You first” Oppa took the chicken with his chopsticks and feed me. “Isnt it delicious?”

“As usual, it is” I smiled.

“I’m proud of you” he ruffled my hair. I always like how Oppa treated me. Oppa’s eyes are always warm like sun, and smiling, makes me proud of his girl. “But you did forgot something

Something? What something?, I thought. He handed a box. Wait, it looks like a jewellery box. Jewellery? Something that he never give, actually.

“Oppa… what is it?”

But suddenly, a girl came, throwing that box away. I held my breath as I stood up. She looked older than me, but with a y face.

Nam Jaehyun.

She smirked as she pushed my shoulder. I felt myself burned up in anger.

“Shin Sarang” she said. “I already warned you. You should’ve get away from him”

“Who are you?” I asked. “Who are you, saying those words so easy?”

“I’ve known for stealing boys” she said as she laid her hand on my cheek. “But in this case… you stole what’s mine”

“What does this means?” I looked to Oppa. “She’s wrong, isn’t she?”

Oppa, don’t tell me this is wrong. All these years we spent together. All these times. All those memories…

You’re supposed to be on my side.

Pick another day if you want to do this. I hoped this was an act.

But…

“She’s right” Oppa said. He stood up and put his arms on mine. No, on Jaehyun. Jaehyun pecked his lips as both of them smiled. Then he walked to me and hugged me.

“Oppa, what are you doing?”

But I felt a cold, sharp blade, going into my waist. I held my breath. It cant be. It cant be.

“How could you?” I said. But Oppa seemed merciless. He smirked as he pushed me and poked me on the forehead.

“I’m sick of you, Sarang” he said. “You know how desperate I am? I loved her. I really do. She’s better than you”

“Then go to her” I advised. “Not pretending that we’re a couple…”

“Teaching me as if I’m a child” Oppa smirked. “You think I’m going to listen? You’ve hurt me!”

A tear escaped from my eye. I was a blade to his heart.

“I guess its all clear” he said as he left me with Nam Jaehyun. I clutched my stomach, watching them go. I was angry. How could he do that?

I glared at them. I tried to find some help. No one’s watching. No one’s here, everyone’s at the graduation.

I walked as I my stomach get hurts so much. Seconds felt like years as I walked, looking for any people passing me and giving a help to me. I don’t know where I’m going. Its too hurtful to think, because the pain takes over all feels now.

I saw blood trails I left as I walked. Still there’s no one’s sign. I looked to the front, the street just a few inches away.

A guy. I saw a guy was about to cross the street. He looked hopeless.

“H-help” my voice croaked out. But it sounded like a whisper. The guy didn’t turn back, he stepped to the road as I saw a car was speeding, about to crash him.

“No!” I ran with all my energy. I didn’t believe I could reach him. He looked to me as I pushed him away.

But doing anything, has consequences.

And my consequence isn’t anything but to get crashed by the car.

I heard nothing but his scream. And I heard footsteps.

All was blackout.

<<<<<<>>>>> 

Three years later…

“Sarang-ah…”

I stood up and followed the voice. It was my unni, Seulmi.

“Sarang-ah” she called. “We’re here”

I felt my shoes was stepping on a road. A fresh wind blew on my face. I could hear the sound of kids playing.

“Where are we?”

“We’re at the town” Seulmi said. “Nohara”

“Nohara?” I asked. Seulmi kept guiding me as the sound of the crowd in this town going into my ears.

“A place where you can be safe” Seulmi said.

She guided me to sit on a bench. I could feel the fresh breeze as Seulmi held my hand. She became protective after the accident I had three years ago.

“Can you read my writing there?” I asked Seulmi, as I heard her pulling out the diary.

“Sure, Sarang” she answered as she flipped the page. “February 12, 2010?”

I nodded as she started to read.

“I had a tough day today. I woke up from the hospital and everything went black. Pitch black, I’m sure of it. I don’t know why. I could hear voices, I could feel the sheets and I could smell the medicines, but everything’s pitch black. I cried. I knew this. I lost my sight. I’m blind.

I didn’t do anything but cry. Knowing that Oppa, he’s no longer here. I can’t forget him. I was mad at him too, for leaving me. I hate it. I really do.

I felt like yesterday went so fast. I don’t know what to do. But Seulmi-unni always here, comforting me. She told me that this is one of my test from God. What can I do if I’m alone? I would have done nothing without her.

Pitch black wasn’t really that bad after all.

She cried and sobbed. I put my arm on her shoulder and hugged her. It was all my fault after all. I hugged her tighter.

“Unnie…” I whispered softly to her.

“Sarang-ah” she said. “I’m glad we’re here. I want you to be safe”

“We’re not in Korea anymore?” I asked her.

“We’re somewhere safe” she said. “And I’m going to sweep off everything that bothers you. I’ll make you safe here. Its our best decision after all”

“You know what I need” I smiled. “I want to calm down, and moving on”

“Like I said, pitch black wasn’t really that bad after all” 

 

<<<<<<>>>>>>

A/N:

its my first author's note in this story... found out that the genre of this story is angst. I mean, look at the first chapter. Angst much, right???

Thanks to nanatashah for the poster and the background. Well, this is the first draft of it. About Yesung and Donghae, will be in the next chapter. Please give your thoughts. Also, read my other story 2012 Minus Seven!