|| Twenty Seven ||

When Two Different Fates Entwine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Because I'm happy that there are still a few people who remember me, here's another update.

 

GIRL

Life couldn't have been smoother these past few days.

My circle of friends had gotten big enough in the sense that we had to use two tables whenever we dined together, and yet not too big to feel crowded. Ever since that fateful lunch last weekend, whatever misunderstanding Lu Han and Kris had about my new friends were gone, and they stopped acting weird about them.

And whenever we were together, they always had these conversations that Hana, Jieun and I couldn't understand. Maybe because it was boy talk? They had a shared interest that us girls couldn't get. Well, anyhow, I was happy that my friends were all getting along together, even Kris to my surprise.

We couldn't hang out as often as we'd like though because we had to shoot our respective music videos and we couldn't eat together all the time either, especially not in the school premises. The number of Blacks eating in one table together would attract too much attention. I mean there were several Black cliques around, but not as big as ours and certainly not as well-known if seen together. I mean I was a nobody for sure but I couldn't say the same for them.

If the seven of us did eat together, Lu Han always made it his mission to choose a dining area away from the campus. Most of them didn't know about my secret and most of the time, I felt bad about keeping them in the dark. But I couldn't do anything about it. I felt like the more people knew, the higher the chance it would eventually spread. It wasn't a trust issue but more of like a general fact. Isn't it that way with secrets?

Another good thing was our group audition. And although I couldn't hang out with Jieun, Lu Han and Kris as often as I'd like because of it, I think the sacrifices were worth it. Besides, even if we didn't see each other often, Lu Han never failed to tease me on the phone. Even Kris sent me messages, too. I would then jokingly ran to Jieun's inbox and tell her that her groupmates were slacking off.

Anyway, Hana's song turned out to be brilliant. She was able to take into account each of our strength and found a way to incorporate them into the song. It was amazing. So, of course, we did our best during the week to give her song justice. I didn't think I had spent as much effort as I did on it than I had on any other project before. But then, I could honestly say that the sleepless nights were worth it.

And now, two weeks later since we started shooting, we were in Hana's room and about to turn it in, just before they leave for the weekend. Sehun, Kai and I were crossing our fingers while we watched Hana pressed the submit button.

And when she did, we all screamed and hugged each other, even Sehun. Maybe it was because I no longer felt like a stranger so he didn't have any reason to be shy to me anymore, especially since during the shooting, we had a lot of parts together. He was super helpful on the scenes I had difficulty doing and on the notes I had difficulty singing. Now that I thought about it, Sehun had been really nice to me this past two weeks.

"I can't believe it's over now," Kai said as he beamed at us. "I couldn't have picked a more awesome team than this."

"Thank you for letting me be a part of it," I said. I had been a little sad at the start that I couldn't join Jieun, Lu Han and Kris, but I didn't expect that I'd find another equally great team. "I hope that even without this group audition tying us together anymore, we'd still be able to hang out in the future." Because as much as I thought of them as my friends now, they might not be thinking the same.

"And I was just about to say that to you," Hana said. "I was afraid you'd ditch us for your hotties again. And for Jieun, of course," she added with a laugh.

I laughed with her. Hana's crush on Lu Han had never really been subtle. It was amazing how confident Hana was when it came to dropping hints just how much she liked Lu Han. Lu Han and Kai would just laugh while Sehun would scold Hana.

Out of the three childhood friends, Sehun was the conservative, no-nonsense type, like Kris if I think about it. Hana was more bold and free, while Kai was chill and easygoing, like the siblings, Lu Han and Jieun. Huh, it was interesting how similar my friends were. Maybe that's why they get along well together. I wonder what type I was in their eyes since they've chosen to hang out with me.

"You don't really need me, you know," I told Hana when we started cleaning up her room.

I was folding her blankets, Sehun was washing the dishes, Kai was sweeping the floor while Hana was sorting out the files on her computer.

"They're your friends now," I continued. "He's your friend now. You can meet Lu Han anytime."

To my surprise, Hana actually blushed.

Kai burst out laughing. "Hana's only brave around Lu Han because we're all there. I'm not sure if she can utter a single word if they're left alone together."

I raised an eyebrow. "How come?" 

"Are you seriously asking?" Hana looked at me as if she couldn't believe me.

But I was genuinely confused. I didn't think Lu Han would ever make anyone feel uncomfortable. 

When I didn't answer, Hana went to sit on her bed and said, "Because when you like someone, Eunae, you get all jittery and nervous. You can't focus on anything because the only thing you'll be able to think about is him."

"Really?" I asked, not knowing what else to say. I continued folding the blanket.

"You've never liked anyone before?" Sehun, to my surprise, was the one who asked.

I shook my head. I've never really thought about it. All my life I only had the real Eunae as my friend. And when her family sent me to school, it didn't even occur to me. And even though Kris had stupidly asked me the question of whether I liked Lu Han more than I liked him, I've never really bothered to answer it. More like I intentionally shoved it to the back of my head so I wouldn't ever have to think about it.

"Why not? You're beautiful and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter