Chapter 7

Cloud Nine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You woke up really early the next morning, but you weren't sure why. You looked around your room; everything was quiet, and it was still dark. Suddenly, you realized that you could see your breath in front of your face, and that's when reality struck you. You were freezing.

 

Hopping out of bed, you pulled out some extra clothes and put them on, trying to warm up. You walked out of your room, looking around. Everyone was still asleep. You checked the thermostat, but it was off. The power had never come back on.

 

You peered through the curtains, only to see complete darkness outside the window. Glancing at the clock, you realized that the sun wouldn't even be up yet. However, with a double take, you looked out the window again, realizing that you really couldn't see anything. Even if it was night, you should have still been able to see something in the darkness. You used your phone to illuminate the room, then covered your mouth in horror as you saw what was outside the window.

 

You hadn't been able to see outside, because half the window was buried in snow.

 

You quickly ran through the house, checking all of the other windows. They were all buried, too. You ran to the door, jerking on the handle trying to open it, but it wouldn't budge. It was just too packed in on the other side; you were snowed in.

 

You were scared. You went over to Jay's room, gently nudging his arm.

 

"Jay," you voice quivered slightly.

 

"Hmm? What's wrong?" he said groggily. "Whoa, why is it so cold in here?"

 

"L-look out s-side." Your trembling voice worried him, and he quickly went over to his window.

 

It took him a moment before the reality of the situation sunk in. "…," he slowly closed the blinds again, "We've got to wake up the others."

 

Once everyone had gathered in the living room, it became silent as you all waited for someone to come up with an idea. Someone pulled out their phone, and was attempting to look up any news on the situation.

 

", I've got, like, barely any internet connection," he said.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter