Chapter 4

Cloud Nine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the morning, you decided to head over to the café. The delicious aromas of coffee and freshly baked goods lingered around the shop, and you breathed it all in, sighing contently.

 

"Did I mention I like this place?" you said, grinning widely at Jay before you disappeared to go look at all the different pastries, loaves, cakes, pies, and muffins that were on display.

 

"So here's the plan for today," Jay began as you both sat at a table after ordering. "I was thinking we should go cross country skiing, while we're here."

 

"Ah, I've never tried that before," you said as you sipped on your cappuccino.

 

"We can probably head out around noon, and be back within like…an hour maybe?"

 

"Okay. That sounds good," you replied, still holding the warm mug in your hands.

 

"…That is, assuming we don't get lost…"

 

You frowned at him.

 

"…And, you know, end up freezing or starving to death in the middle of the forest."

 

"…"

 

"I'm kidding! …Don't worry," he quickly added, as you glared daggers at him.

 

You slowly took another sip of your hot cappuccino.

 

"Yah, what are you trying to do? This isn't Secret Garden you know…" he said, pointing at your mug.

 

"Hey! Who said I was trying anything? I just happen to like cappuccino. Besides, I'm not messy. I wouldn't get foam on my mouth…" You frowned at him.

 

He leaned in, and you both looked at each other with serious expression for a moment. Then Jay suddenly smiled innocently, pointing to your drink, "Can I have some?"

 

You shook your head at his childishness, handing him your mug. "Aish, you're so immature," you said as he happily sipped on your cappuccino. "Yah! Don't take all of the foam."

 

 

By noon, you were heading out on the cross-country ski trail, just as planned. By the time you were nearing the halfway mark, you were easily gliding along the snow, while Jay was further behind, shouting out frustrated remarks.

 

"Come on, it's not hard," you said, as you had quickly gotten the hang of it.

 

Jay glared at you. "It must be my skis. They're not working properly!" he complained while fiddling with his skis.

 

"I really doubt that there's anything wrong with your skis. It's just you~," you , glad that you had found something that you were better at than him.

 

"Aha! I was right!" he suddenly exclaimed.

 

You suddenly realized that he had caught up to you. Shoot.

 

"Fixed 'em," he smiled as he effortlessly glided past you.

 

You shot daggers at him with your eyes as you struggled to catch up to his pace. "Slow down! It's not like we're in a hurry," you complained after some time of lagging behind.

 

"Come on, it's not that hard~" he smirked, turning your own words against you. You stopped and glared at him. It took him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter