Chapter 10

Cloud Nine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You and Jay finally reached the top of a hill, and over it you could see the main office. You smiled at each other in relief, and Jay started his way down the slope of the hill. You could tell he was tired, but he didn't complain about carrying you still.

 

Suddenly, a bit of the snow on the ground gave way and Jay slipped, causing you both to fall to the ground. The slope was steep, so neither of you could stop yourselves from tumbling down the hill as the snow carried you along. For a moment, it reminded you of when you used to go sledding as a kid, but then you realized you were starting to go way too fast to be able to stop. As you continued to slide uncontrollably down the hill, you tried to roll out of the way of rocks and trees as they passed by. It suddenly felt like you hit something, but you couldn't be sure – because everything went black.

 

Jay managed to grab onto a tree branch as it went by, slowing himself down enough to stop. Shaken but not seriously hurt, he slowly stood up, brushing the snow off of him. He quickly looked around, but he couldn't see you anywhere. Finally, he noticed you lying on the ground, and he ran over to you.

 

"Are you okay?" he called out, but when he finally reached you, you weren't moving.

 

Slowly, you opened your eyes, squinting up at him. "Yeah, I'm fine," you croaked. You were slightly disoriented, and your head was pounding. You held your hand up to your head, wincing. "My head hurts, though."

 

Jay's eyes widened slightly as he looked at you. "Oh God," he said, then looked around quickly, swearing under his breath. ", , . Uhhm… Come on, we need to get you to a hospital or something."

 

That's when you noticed the feeling of a warm liquid slowly moving down the side of your face. Am I crying? you thought. You went to wipe it away, but when you looked at your hand, you noticed that your finger was smeared in red. You stared at it in shock as Jay picked you up onto

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter