Chapter 1

Cloud Nine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You sat there curled up in a ball on your seat. Outside of the window, little white blurs passed by as the train sped through the lightly falling snow. From where Jay was sitting, he watched you as you looked out the window, noticing the clueless expression that you had donned for most of the day thus far. He shook his head, looking away.

 

You noticed him sitting in silence one row down, looking at the floor sadly. You wondered why he had moved over there. Pulling your knees up to your chin, you looked at him cutely. "Oppa, come sit over here," you said to him, "Please?" You had never really called him oppa before - he was only a month older than you - and you could tell that he was surprised to hear it coming from you.

 

The other two that were sitting around you chuckled at your aegyo as they were walking away, headed towards another compartment of the train. You cocked your head to the side slightly, waiting for his response. Finally, he looked up at you, with what seemed like disgust written all over his face.

 

"Fine," he said once the others had left, "But can you stop acting so cutesy? Honestly, I just can't get used to it. And I can't say that I like it either."

 

You stared at him, bewildered, as he got up and moved to the seat beside you.

 

"I don't know what's gotten in to you lately, but stop it," he continued, his voice like acid, "because I know you're not normally like this. And I don't like it. Why are you acting so different?"

 

You couldn't bare to look at him. You felt stupid. You had put on this whole cute act because of him, thinking that he liked cute girls. You tried to swallow the lump in your throat. At that moment, you just wanted to cry out of pity of yourself, even though it was a rare occasion for you to shed any tears. You looked out the window, knowing that your only way to keep composure right now was to keep quiet.

 

He looked down at you and noticed your expression, which had changed completely from the 'cute' clueless face that you had been wearing in front of him all day.

 

"Hey…are you alright?" he asked, slightly wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter