Chapter 2

Cloud Nine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The lobby of the ski resort that you were all staying at was pleasantly warm compared to the crisp wind blowing outside. The interior was lavishly decorated, but with a cozy atmosphere. The group of you had rented out a little villa to yourselves, and everyone got their own rooms; yours was right next to Jay's. The rooms were small, but sufficient for the usual weekend getaways of tourists and travelers alike.

 

You dragged your luggage into your room, leaving it lined up against the wall by your bed. Your window offered a nice view of the mountains, the little ski lifts slowly making their way up and down the hills.

 

While everyone else was getting settled, you decided to explore the rest of the place. The first thing you found was the kitchen, which was fairly spacious for the size of the building, with modern-styled, wooden cupboards. Beside the refrigerator were menus for the resort's own café and restaurants. The kitchen was filled with natural light pouring in from the huge windows that took up the entire outer facing wall of the room. Beside the windows was a door that led outside.

 

Out back, there was a wide wooden deck that wrapped around to the side of the building. There was also a large outdoor hot tub, and stairs that led back down to the front of the house. You walked up to the wooden railing, brushing a bit of the snow off of its surface with your hand. You heard the door open behind you, and turned around to see that it was Jay.

 

Closing the door behind him, he smiled and walked up to the railing beside you. He stood there with his hands in his pockets, not really knowing what to say.

 

"Aren't you cold out here?" he asked, and you realized that you hadn't put on your jacket before coming outside.

 

"Oh, yeah I guess so," you laughed, shaking the snow off of your hand, which was now red from the cold.

 

Casually, Jay grabbed your hand, putting it into the pocket at the side of his sweater. You blinked at him in surprise, but he just looked back out into the distance, as if nothing ever happened.

 

You smiled a bit to yourself. "This place is so nice,"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter