Chapter 3

Cloud Nine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After returning the ski equipment, you all headed over to the main restaurant. Its interior furnishings had a contemporary concept, and there was music playing quietly in the background. The atmosphere was inviting to say the least, the service was on par with what would be expected of such a high class resort, and the food itself was certainly above average. The resort as a whole had not only lived up to, but surpassed your expectations. No wonder it was one of the most highly regarded ski resorts in the country.

 

"Wow, I've got to meet this family friend of yours. He sure knows how to run a business," you said after the night's events were concluded. Everyone had returned to the chalet, and were spread throughout the house going about their own business.

 

Jay shrugged. "Yeah, he's probably crazy rich, too. He owns the whole chain of ski resorts, although most of them are smaller than this one."

 

You flicked on the fireplace in the living room and sat down cross-legged in front of it, still trying to shake off the chill from being outside all afternoon. Jay came over and laid down on his side beside you, propping his head up on his hand.

 

"So," he began, but didn't say anything else.

 

"…So, what?" you said, looking over at him. You laughed when you noticed the exaggerated pose he was lying in.

 

"What are you now, a model?" you asked.

 

He l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter