Chapter 5

Cloud Nine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There wasn't very far left to go on the trail, and before long you were back at the villa. At first, Jay was trying to keep his distance from you, out of fear of your revenge. However, you hadn't spoken a word to Jay since you had gotten back, and now he was just trying to get you to speak again.

 

"Aw come on, I said I was sorry," he pleaded as he followed your silence into the kitchen. "I didn't know there was going to be that much snow…"

 

You were still shivering, as you basically had to ski back with a jacket full of snow. You had just finished changing your clothes, since they were covered in snow too, not to mention that they were all wet now, and now you were slowly stirring your tea that you had just made. You tossed the used teabag in the garbage, then walked over to the living room without a word.

 

You sat down in front of the fireplace, wrapping a duvet around you. Jay followed you into the room and sat down beside you, hugging you tightly.

 

"I can help you warm up you know~" he chuckled.

 

"Ah, stop! You're going to make me spill my tea," you yelped as the scalding water was almost splashed onto your lap.

 

Jay frowned, then looked outside.

 

"Hey, I just remembered, we have a hot tub!" He exclaimed. "Let's use it!"

 

"In the winter?" you said apprehensively.

 

"What, you've never done that before? It'll help you get warm," he said distractedly, a childish look in his eyes as he got excited about his own idea. "It'll be fun, believe me!"

 

"Guys! We're goin' hot-tubbing!" he called out, and a round of cheers sounded throughout the house.

 

The hot tubs provided by the resort received constant maintenance and were always ready to go. Once you all had changed to bathing suits, you went outside onto the back patio. Everyone quickly got in the hot tub, trying to avoid the frigid air of the late afternoon.

 

You sighed in contentment as the hot bubbling water got rid of your chill, and finally agreed that Jay had had a good idea.

 

"See? What did I tell you?" Jay smiled. "Alright, let's have a toast! To good friends, good times, and the best weekend getaway ever!"

 

"CHEERS!" Anyone with a drink raised their glass into the air, or pumped their fist if they didn't.

 

After a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter