Sequel Part 13

||| Message |||

 

| Jonghyun's Apartment |


It's already 10pm when Jonghyun gets home from Hangang.

Shortly after he reached his apartment, his doorbell rings.

Opening the door, he found an unexpected guest.

It's Taeyeon.


Jonghyun: Have a drink. (served the drink and sat down beside her on the couch)

Taeyeon: Thank you.

Jonghyun: Ready to tell me what exactly is going on?


Taeyeon took a sip on the drink.

Looking at her, he knew something bad must have happened.

Jonghyun received a call from Taeyeon the same day at around early evening.

And he got an unusual request from her.

Not knowing exactly what's going on, he did as she pleaded.


Taeyeon: Mianhae, for dragging you into this. 

Jonghyun: Don't say sorry. You know you can count on me even on the most absurd request. But since I'm part of this now, I guess I should at least know what's going on.

Taeyeon: .... it's for his own good.

Jonghyun: (brows furrowed with confusion)

Taeyeon: ...deh

Jonghyun: hmm?

Taeyeon: ... how did he react?

Jonghyun: He almost wanted to punch me, I can tell.

Taeyeon: (close her eyes and sigh)

Jonghyun: But he manage to hold his cool... considering the things I said to him are really nasty. I would have done the same if someone said the same things to me. But it's you who asked me to resort to the extreme if he didn't get convince and persist on.

Taeyeon: Whatever. It doesn't matter anymore. 


Then there was a silence when Taeyeon rest her back on the couch and stare into blank.

Jonghyun is worried.

It's like she is back to that state...

Jonghyun knew he needs to make her talk before she gets into depression all over again.

 
Jonghyun: What really is going on? Last night you told me he's your close dongsaeng. And today, there was a sudden request from you to make him stay away from you. Why??

Taeyeon: (shook her head)

Jonghyun: Don't be like this, you are worrying me. Did... he do something to you? Apparently, he doesn't just treat you as a noona. It's more than that. You should know it right?

Taeyeon: (nods) That's why I have to do this.

Jonghyun: But don't you think it's abit too harsh on him? This isn't like you. 

Taeyeon: ... ...

Jonghyun: Besides, I don't think he's giving up that easily. I hate to say this..... but I do admire how firm and upright that boy is. It's not easy for me to play the bad guy and try to convince him. 

Taeyeon: ... .... (look up at Jonghyun)

Jonghyun: Rightfully, I should be more than happy to do this for you. Cause that gave me one less rival now. But I don't get it. This is not the first time you reject the love from a man. But I have never seen you doing it this way. I'm sure something must have happened... 


A tear drip down from Taeyeon's eyes...


It's Jonghyun indeed.

Nothing can escape his eyes. He knows Taeyeon too well.

He's right.

Something did happen.

 

| Flashback to earlier the same day |
 

The girls reached S.M Building and began their discussion on their new comeback album.

But Taeyeon couldn't focus at all.

All she has in mind is what Seohyun had said to her.


If everything Seo said is true, that means Baekhyun has feelings for her.

And for herself, even though she has moved on over the years, she knew there is always a place for him deep in her heart.

If not, she wouldn't have think of him each time she feel troubled.

If not, she wouldn't have missed their old times so badly.


"What was it that he wanted to tell me?"

"Was he trying to confess?"

"Did he stopped because he saw Jonghyun?"

"Did he misunderstood my relationship with Jonghyun??"


Taeyeon knew things can't drag on like this...


3.30pm, TY: Baekhyun-ah..

Didn't you have something to tell noona?

I know your dance practice ends at 6pm

Let's meet 7.30pm at my secret spot

Let's finish what you want to say to me last night.

 

"Taeyeon-shi"

Manager oppa calling for her after receiving a call.

Taeyeon: Deh.

Manager Oppa: Can you come over, please?

Taeyeon: What's the matter?

Manager Oppa: Make your way to CEO office now.

Taeyeon: Daepyo-isa ....?

Manager Oppa: I was told he has something to talk to you. It must be about those articles again. Watch what you said to him later. Got it??

Taeyeon: (hesitated)..... arrasso.


Taeyeon made her way to the CEO office.

Something doesn't feel right. 

She thought her matter with Jonghyun should be consider over since the CEO has decided none of the parties need to make any response and just let the matter rest itself. But how come she is been called to this office again.

"Taeyeon-shi, this way please..."

The secretary leads her into the CEO office.


CEO: Taeyeon.. 

Taeyeon: Annyeong Haseyo. 

She bow and greet politely to him.

CEO: Have a seat. How are you doing? Busy with the new comeback album.

Taeyeon: Deh, we are discussing the concept right now.

CEO: I'm looking forward to it. Well, SNSD is one of the most long-lived girl group we have not only in S.M but also in the entire South Korea Kpop. I'm really proud of all of you, and of course you as the leader.

Taeyeon: (smile) Kamsahamnida.

CEO: Let me see.... it's almost 10 years since you girls debuted, and you have been with S.M for about 13 years?

Taeyeon: Deh.

CEO: That's a long time with us...

Taeyeon: (nod and smile)

CEO: You girls have grown up so much. True that it's about time you girls start to think about your future. Like... to find love and then settle down one day.

Taeyeon: .... eh?

CEO: (laughs) There is nothing to shy about. I know you girls have been wanting to date badly. It's normal.


Taeyeon: Daepyo-isa... is this regarding the recent articles? About me and Jonghyun?

CEO: (nods) Actually, Jonghyun-shi is not a bad option. He is talented, famous, good-looking. And I read that the public is very supportive about both of you. You should seriously consider this man. (smile)

Taeyeon: (surprised)

CEO: (smile) I know you girls like to have more options and then choose the best out of the best. But sometimes, we can't be too greedy. Get what I mean?

Taeyeon: (shook her head) .... no, I don't really get...

CEO: Ok, I come straight to the point then.


The CEO took out something that surprised Taeyeon.

CEO: Look at these yourself.

Taeyeon: (in shock with what she saw)

CEO: It's not Jonghyun this time. 

Taeyeon: .... (flipping through the pictures)

CEO: These pictures are from MBC. You were just that unlucky. The reporter from MBC was on holiday when he caught both of you at Yongin. Apparently, he stalked the both of you the whole day and took all these pictures.
 

"Having a date and looking close at Everland Theme Park..."

"Spending one-to-one quality time over picnic dinner..."

"Getting intimate along Hangang..."

"Returning to apartment together...."


Taeyeon: The captions.... it's not like this.

CEO: What matters are the pictures. Look at the pictures yourself. What would the public and fans think when they see these? Do you think they will look at it as an innocent date between a sunbae and hoobae??

Taeyeon: (close her eyes and sigh) 

CEO: Think about it. If these pictures were to leak out, how would that impact both of your careers? I know maybe for you, it's not that critical anymore. I knew it when there were articles of you and Jonghyun. I knew you have decided to put down your idol burden and try to date publicly. I am fine with that because I think it's about time for you girls to do it. But that's not true for Baekhyun-shi.

Taeyeon: .... ....

CEO: Taeyeon, you have been through this. You know very well the rules of the game. EXO-K is currently at its top. And you are aware of Baekhyun's popularity. Needless to say, he can't afford to have such articles. Especially with pictures like these. Dating a woman three years older and going back to apartment together..... It's going to destroy the image we have built for him over the years. Right, you may think I am cruel to say these to you. But you understand better than anyone out there that this is how the game is played. 


Taeyeon eyes turned red. 

The CEO is right. She knew it better than anyone.

If the pictures are leaked out, their careers will be at stake. 

The nation will never look at them the same anymore.

It's fine for her though. At most, she just leave this industry after her remaining 2 years contract dued. 


But Baekhyun is different. 

He finally fulfilled his dream and made all his way up.

He still has a lot of potentials and a great future ahead.

He can't afford to have this blow. 


"It's all my fault...."

"It's my stupid idea to ask him accompany me to those places."

"Thinking that a cap and a shade will do the job in disguising, what kind of fool am I?"

"I should have known it better..."

"I can't ruin his career..."
 

CEO: Luckily I was a close friend with the MBC director. I got to learn about it and managed to stop them from publishing these to the public. So for now, we managed to save Baekhyun's career and yours...

Taeyeon: (look down to hide her redden eyes)

CEO: In return, can you do S.M a favour?

Taeyeon: (look up at the CEO) ....

CEO: Baekhyun is not aware about this yet. I thought if we can settle this among ourselves, let's not bother him too much on it. He is still inexperience in dealing with this kind of matters, I don't want him to get stressed and distracted. Taeyeon, take it as a favour from me and S.M. You can date whoever you want. Even if you want to go public with it, I am fine. But leave the EXO boys alone...



 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The happy times are definitely over.

(Please don't hate me for this)

Just cool down and wait for my updates...

Comments...... if you want to see quick updates!!

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~