Sequel Part 8

||| Message |||

 

That figure stood right beside her. He saw her smiling to him. 

Baekhyun stopped his feet and watched

...... he knew he was too late.


He saw that man embracing her into his arms and she stayed there.

Baekhyun's heart bled.
 

"Will it make a difference if I didn't lose my ways and reached here before him?

"Will it make a difference if I reached to her first?"

"No, it won't make a difference."

"So what if her crush was me? It was three years ago and I didn't grab the chance. Who can I blame?"

"I already knew they are a couple, didn't I? I should have known the outcome. Why did I still hold high hopes?"

"It's a fact I lost her forever. Accept it, Byun Baekhyun."


Baekhyun retreated.

He stayed quietly in his car as he remorse the lost of his love, once again.


"As long as she is happy...."

"He is tall, handsome, talented and nice (at least that's what I heard), they do look good together...."

"As long as he treats her well...."
 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

| SNSD Dorm |


A few days passed. Taeyeon returned to her dorm. Almost all the girls are present discussing the concepts of their next comeback as 9. It has been almost 2 years since their last Korean album. However, rather than nervous and overly-concious about their comeback, the girls are having a lot of fun and excitement. Perphaps because their mentality has changed. Girls' Generation aka SNSD is already the top girl group of South Korea, they held the most records in terms of total album sales, the most All-Kill hits in all major charts, received the most music awards in total in the entire Kpop industry. In addition, they successfully launched their debut in North America in year 2013.

Now, with already 2 english albums, they have marked their success in their singing career not only in South Korea, not only in the Asia, but the entire world. In 2014 and 2015, the girls were dedicated to the World Tour with a total of more than 200 concerts all over the world. That, is also a record in the world of Kpop.

Even though the girls have reduced their exposure in their home nation due to the World Tour, the nation still remember them dearly. Despite the evolving of numerous talented and young girl groups, SNSD still remains deep in the heart of South Koreans. Now, the next Korean comeback is more of a return and gratitude to Sones all over the world, especially those who had waited patiently at their home nation. They wanted the new album to be fun, to be interesting and to be unique to Girl's Generation.


As the girls took a break from their discussion, Seohyun followed Taeyeon into her room.

It didn't took Taeyeon too long to notice Seohyun's creepy behavior.

Taeyeon: Why are you following me, maknae?

Seohyun: (smile naughtily) Unnie, how did things go?

Taeyeon: ??

Seohyun: Quit acting. I knew about it already!

Taeyeon: Knew about what??

Seohyun: About Baekhyun dongsaeng.... (smile)

Taeyeon: Baekhyun? What about him?

Seohyun: (surprised) Didn't the two of you met recently?

Taeyeon: (equally surprised) What are you talking about? The last time I met him was in S.M, when the boys passed us their album. 

Seohyun: Wait, didn't he look for you at your apartment?

Taeyeon: (eyes widen) Look for me??

Seohyun: (scratch her head) You mean he didn't?? 

Taeyeon: Seohyun, what's going on? You are confusing me.


Another voice came into the room. It was Tiffany's.

Tiffany: You are confusing me too!!

Seohyun: Omg, I'm dead meat.

Taeyeon: What's going on, Seo?

Tiffany: Are you keeping something from us? Out with it! (commanded the maknae)

Seohyun: (pouted innocently) It was that day when we came back from our magazine shot. I noticed Baekhyun-shi's car at our dorm. I was curious, so I went forward to check with him. He told me he was looking for Taeyeon unnie. But you were at your apartment. He said it was something urgent, so I gave him your apartment address. I thought he will look for you after that.

Tiffany: (roll her eyes) I didn't know you are such a nosy.

Seohyun: Unnie, you sure he didn't look you up?

Taeyeon: (shook her head) I didn't hear from him at all.

Seohyun: (mumbling) Weird. I thought he was going to confess to you, but how come....


Tiffany: What are you mumbling about?

Seohyun: Huh, erh nothing.

Taeyeon: (pondering)

Tiffany: Taeyeon unnie, what are thinking?

Taeyeon: Nothing. Just thinking what urgent matter he could have. 

Tiffany: If it's really something urgent, he'd have look for you. Since he didn't, it perhaps means he already sorted it out without your help. (shrugs) Don't dwell too much about it. (jokingly show Seohyun a slash on )


Taeyeon is worried. If what Seohyun said is true, it might mean something when he said it was urgent. Though she couldn't figure out what urgent matters he has that he needs to look for her, she hope it isn't because of work or stress. Taeyeon has been there, she knew how it felt when you feel depressed or stressed out because of their work nature. When you wanted so much to talk to someone and you couldn't get a chance to, that will only deepen the depression and anxiety. Baekhyun is very much like her in terms of personality. He may look active, energetic and dorky on the outside, but he is one who thinks a lot and bottled his true emotions to himself - which makes him an easy target for depression...
 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

| Music Bank Backstage |


It's the goodbye stage for TTS today. At the same time, it's the comeback stage for EXO-K. As usual, since they belonged to the same company, they were arranged to be in a connecting waiting room. It was crowded. Since it's TTS goodbye stage, some of the other 9 girls are here to support. The members of EXO-M and SHINee are also here to support EXO-K's comeback performance.

At the waiting room, Baekhyun noticed her presence but he acted indifferent about it. He also noticed Seohyun looking at him with a questionable face, he tried to ignore that as well. He kept himself busy with his fellow members and SHINee sunbaes throughout the waiting time. 

On the other hand, Taeyeon is watching him closely. She is worried about him at first. Seeing him enjoying himself with the fellow labelmates, she is less worried now but couldn't help wondering if that's another strong front he is putting up. 


Finally, there was a time when Baekhyun is alone when he took a drink from the fridge. 

"Baekhyun-ah"

He was taken by surprise when he turned around and found Taeyeon calling him.


Taeyeon: Is this nice? (pointing to his drink)

Baekhyun: Erh this? (raised the drink in his hands)

Taeyeon: (nods)

Baekhyun: Yeah. Do you want one?

Taeyeon: Can you get one for me? (smile) 

Baekhyun: (Searching the fridge) Erh noona, I think this is the last bottle. Erm... but you can have mine. I haven't drink it. (offer his bottle of drink to her)

Taeyeon: (laughs) 

Baekhyun: ..... 

Taeyeon: It's okay. I knew this is the last bottle. I was just kidding with you.

Baekhyun: Huh??

Taeyeon: Why are you looking so serious? It's unlike you. (smile)


Baekhyun frozed with surprised. 

"It was like we were back to three years ago."

"I remember she used to tease me like this. It made me laugh and it made herself laugh each time she did it."

"But why? Why did she decided to do this again. After so long...."

"Or did Seohyun noona told her something??"


Shortly, he recalled what he saw the other day at her apartment.

He shakes off his thoughts immediately.

"Stop it, Byun Baekhyun. She belongs to someone else."

"Stop being naive. It's a noona who is talking to you now. It's a sunbae who is making fun of you now."

"Nothing else."


Taeyeon: Eh, Baekhyun-shi? Are you okay?

Baekhyun: (recovered from daze)

Taeyeon: Nervous about your performance? This isn't like you. You are always confident right?

Baekhyun: (smile a little) Yeah, I'm always confident. But there are times I failed badly too.

Taeyeon: (concerned) Seriously, are you alright?

Baekhyun: (smile) Y-yeah, I'm alright of course!!

He put up a strong front. He didn't want her to see his weak side. He never like to show his weak side in front of her. Because he is younger,  he wants to maintain a strong and manly image, so she will not look at him as a little boy.


Taeyeon: Good to hear that. I hope you guys will win today's Music Bank.

Baekhyun: Thanks noona. But if we win, that means TTS will lose your straight wins.

Taeyeon: Ah~ never mind about that! We are one family right? It doesn't really matter who wins. I hope you guys win because I really think you guys are fantastic. You deserve it.

Baekhyun: (breaks into a wider smile) Kamsahamnida. 

Taeyeon: Hmmm.. how about this?

Baekhyun: Hmm?

Taeyeon: Remember the old days? When you guys put on a successful performance??

Baekhyun: (small laugh) Deh, everytime we put on a successful performance, noona will bring us good food and drinks. You said it's our gift for great performance.

Taeyeon: You still remember. (smile a little)

Baekhyun: (look at Tae) I have good memory, especially things that are special to me.

Taeyeon: (look at Baek) Then we shall do it like the old days!

Baekhyun: ....?

Taeyeon: If EXO-K wins today's music bank, noona promise you a gift.

Baekhyun: A gift? ..... But noona, I'm not a little boy anymore.

Taeyeon: (smile) I know... I know you are grown up man now. I'll treat you like one. I promise.

Baekhyun: (smirks) So a gift if we win today's music bank??

Taeyeon: Deal!

Baekhyun: (widen his smile) Alright, I'll give my best in today's performance and beat TTS unbeatable records!!

Taeyeon: (nods) Hwaiting!! (laughs)

Baekhyun: Hwaiting! (laughs)

Baekhyun is happy. He is happy because they seem regained back to their relationship like the old days. But he isn't satisfied. He wanted her to treat him like a man, not just a dongsaeng. He doesn't want her to be just a noona or sunbae, he wanted her to be his woman. Why is this just so difficult??

"Why?"


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


| Music Bank Broadcast |


"And the winner for today's music bank....... EXO-K!!!!"

"Congratulations!!!"

"Please say a few words..."


Holding on to the victory trophy, he simply said a few words before leaving the rest to his leader and other members. He was busy looking for someone on the stage. Just like in the past.

He found her.

She is watching him too.

Their eyes met.

They smiled to each other with a common consensus...

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How would that "gift" change their destiny?

Will their relationship go further than that?

What would Jonghyun do if he found out Taeyeon getting closer to Baekhyun again?
 

I'm getting busier from tomorrow onwards, so updates will come slower.

Maybe I'll do updates when I collected more than 15 comments for each episode??

Since comments drives my speed.. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~