Sequel Part 7

||| Message |||

 

| Taeyeon's Apartment |


Baekhyun droved his car according to the address Seohyun gave him. It took him quite awhile since he is not familiar with the area. After a few detours and losing his way, he finally reached the destination. Looking up from his car window, he sees a luxurious apartment. A few years back when he was still a rookie, he worried about the gap between him and her. But now, he can finally not concern about that. Afterall, he now belongs to one of the top boy group in South Korea and he has a very successful career.

Plucking up his courage for one more time, he got off the car and pull out his cellphone as he walked towards the porch of the apartment. Just as he's about to dial her number, a familiar figure caught his attention from far. Her hair was all tied up and she's casually dressed in a huge T and a pair of shorts. It's her.... the person he wants to meet badly. She is now sitting at the porch just a few meters away from him. Baekhyun didn't think much, and he doesn't want any more waits or delay. He sped up his footsteps and make his way towards the woman he longed for.

But shortly, another figure appeared which made Baekhyun slow down his pace. 

That figure stood right beside her. He saw her smiling to him. 

Baekhyun stopped his feet and watched...... he knew he was too late.
 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Meanwhile, a text popped up on her cellphone.

"Let's meet. We need to talk."


Taeyeon is waiting at the porch area of her apartment. It has been a busy day for her. Though she is very tired, she knows she has to meet him and have a good talk. Especially the article about them is now everywhere on TV and news. As she closed her eyes to rest while waiting, she heard a soft voice calling her name. 

Taeyeon opened her eyes.

To her surprise, she saw Jonghyun standing there with an ice-cream cone.

Taeyeon: (mouth open) Ice-cream?!

Jonghyun: Deh, for you. (smile)

Taeyeon: (smile) Aigoo... thanks.

Taeyeon look the ice-cream and found that it's her favourite flavor, strawberry. Well, Jonghyun knows her very well since they have been close friend for many years. Her favourite food, favourite drink, favourite kind of music and he always know when she is upset.

3 years back, there was a period of time when she felt really depressed. So depressed that she couldn't hide it with her lovely smile anymore. She almost had to force her smile and dorky acts when she's in front of camera. It even came to a state when her depression is so obvious that it became an open topic which Sones and Kpop fans would talk about, or even mock at. It was a terrible period for her. She felt lonely, uncertain and abandoned. But luckily, besides her eight sisters, Jonghyun was there to cheer her up. She always knew she can count on him and that's why they grew closer over the years.

Taeyeon: Mianhae, it must have brought a lot of trouble to you.

Jonghyun: Hmm? Trouble? What trouble?

Taeyeon: The articles about us. We talked about it earlier on the phone.

Jonghyun: Oh that....

Taeyeon: Didn't you ask me out to talk about this?

Jonghyun: (smile) Of course not.

Taeyeon: Didn't you say we need to talk? (pulling out her cellphone to check her text again)

Jonghyun: (laughs) I know you too well. If I didn't say that, would you come out?

Taeyeon: (frown) Wae, how can you joke about that?!!

Jonghyun: Well, I had no choice. I already bought the ice-cream. It can't wait! I have to pass it to you asap!! (laughs)

Taeyeon: (roll her eyes and smile)

Taeyeon knew Jonghyun has well intention. He must have worried that Taeyeon might be bothered about the dating rumors about them, so he asked her out to make sure she is fine. And not forgetting to cheer her up in case she's feeling bad. That explains the existence of the ice-cream.


Taeyeon: Thank you, Jonghyun. 

Jonghyun: (smile) Glad to see our Taeyeon is strong and going on well. (laughs)

Taeyeon: But still I'm sorry. I was the one who suggested to dine in a public restaurant. 

Jonghyun: Then I'm sorry too. I was the one who asked you out for dinner. So we are fair now.

Taeyeon: (bit her lips) Did your company make things difficult for you?

Jonghyun: Unlike those CEOs from huge agency, they are very understanding. I guess they know it's time we (CNBLUE) get girlfriends. We are becoming ahjussi soon. It's embarassing to be single at our age you know. (laugh)

Taeyeon: (laugh) Deh. Ahjussi...

Jonghyun: How about you? I know your company is strict on this. I was actually surprised when you wanted to dine in a public place.

Taeyeon: (sigh and look down) It doesn't matter anymore.

Jonghyun: Doesn't matter?

Taeyeon: I have the rights to make friends. And I'm tired of hiding myself, hiding my friends and hiding my life. I have been hiding for many years, so....

Jonghyun: (nods) It's very admiring of you to think this way. Not every idol have the courage to take this step.

Taeyeon: But I neglected the fact that you are an idol too. I was too self-centred when I suggested the place. I shouldn't have drag you into this. I'm really sorry. You should have just stopped me when I...

Jonghyun: Actually I don't mind at all.

Taeyeon: (surprised)

Jonghyun: (look at Taeyeon) I don't mind because it's with you.

Taeyeon: (look back at Jonghyun)

Jonghyun: (smile and look down) I told myself this. One day if I found my true love, I'd want to hold her hands and stroll along the streets of Myeongdong. Eating hot pot in a restaurant, watching movie in a theatre and shopping groceries in a supermarket. Even if we get spotted by people, it doesn't matter as long as we are happy...... do you get what I mean?

Taeyeon: Jonghyun.....

Jonghyun: Taeyeon, I mean it when I told you I have feelings for you.

Taeyeon hesitated. She is moved by his words. It has also been her wish to date someone openly one day. She has been yearning for this day to happen since a long time ago. She knew Jonghyun is a nice, trustworthy and talented man. Most importantly, they get along very well. But still, she is uncertain. She's unsure what's keeping her from accepting him.

In the middle of her thoughts, she felt Jonghyun's warm arms around her. Taeyeon allow herself to be wrapped by his hug. She closed her eyes as she leaned against his warm chest. 

Jonghyun: I don't need an answer from you now. So don't get stress out okay. Just let me know when you are ready. I'll wait...

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, no Baekyeon moments yet. *Sorry*

But something is going to happen next.

Will Baekhyun fight for his love now with Jonghyun's presence?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~