Sequel Part 10

||| Message |||

 


After a day of fun at the theme park, they have to leave Everland before it turns dark. 

Baek and Tae collected the car and drove their way back to city.

Along the return journey, both of them take in the gorgeous evening view of Seoul's outskirt.


Taeyeon: I can't remember when was the last time I had a good look at our country. (staring out from the car window)

Baekhyun: (steal a look at Tae and smile)

Taeyeon: Whenever we are not driving, travelling time is precious. It's either we close our eyes to catch a nap, or we listen to music and relax.

Baekhyun: Well, that's the life of an idol. We need to ensure we are always at our top condition the minute we alighted from our transport. 

Taeyeon: (nods) It's tiring, isn't it? 

Baekhyun: Deh. But whenever we sing on the stage, and whenever there are applauses from the audience, all those took the tiresome away, isn't it? (smiles)

Taeyeon: It's nice to hear that from you. I'm glad you look at it this way. (smile)

Baekhyun: Noona thinks the same way, don't you?

Taeyeon: (shrugs) ..... Baekhyun-ah

Baekhyun: Hmm?

Taeyeon: Let noona take over the car at the next stop-over.

Baekhyun: Why?

Taeyeon: Aren't you hungry? Noona brings you for a good dinner.

Baekhyun: (smlles) Arrasso... whatever noona said.


Taeyeon then took over the car.

They were about 50 minutes away from Seoul city.

Both of them have used up most of their energy in the theme park and now their stomaches are growling in hunger.

Taeyeon exits the car from the freeway and enters the city.

Shortly after they enter the familiar streets of Seoul, Taeyeon stop by a restaurant.

Baekhyun: (look out from the car) Are we having dinner here?

Taeyeon: (smiles) Wait for me in the car. I'll be back in a few minutes.

He's unsure  what she is up to again, just nods his head and watch her alight from the car.


While Taeyeon is away, Baek takes out his cellphone and browse to the selca they took earlier at the theme park. 

A smile just unknowingly appears on his face. 

Today is like a dream come true for him. In fact, more than a dream.

A huge fan of Taeyeon since high school. He recalled those days how he and his schoolmates were mesmerized by the kid leader, and how they went shopping for SNSD goodies in S.M signature shop. He also remembered how he kept boasting about becoming an idol one day just to be on the same stage with her.

Baek shook his head with a grin.

"Those were the days..."

None of his friends would expect him to really get scouted by S.M, and eventually became a labelmate with their goddess. More and more unexpected things happened since then. Everything came true but it was so unreal. From mere admiration, it gradually became one-sided affection. From excitment, it gradually turned into fear. He was afraid it was nothing but a dream which he will eventually wakes up from. He was afraid God will take that blessing away. And so Baek took his steps very slowly and carefully. But still, the unfortunate happened.

Three years of coldness. Even the thought of it chilled his spine.

"The dark days are over now, right?" 


He quickly hid his phone when he saw her coming back with 2 bags of food.

Taeyeon: Sorry to keep you waiting. Can you hold these?

Baekhyun: (took over the bags) Our dinner? (peeping into the bags)

Taeyeon: (nod with a smile) 10 more mins and we can have our dinner. 

Baekhyun: 10mins? Where are we going now?

Taeyeon: Just leave it to me. (laughs)


Taeyeon took the car again and drive them to the next destination. 

Baek curiously look out from the car, gazing at the busy streets while wondering where she is bringing him to.

Soon, a familiar view appeared in front of his eyes.

Taeyeon pulled over the car.

Baekhyun: Hangang? (turns his head to tae)

Taeyeon: (smiles)

Baekhyun: Isn't this noona's favourite place? (ask tae as they alight from the car)

Taeyeon: How did you know?

Baekhyun: (smirks) I told you I'm a Sone!

Taeyeon: (laughs) 

Taeyeon leads him to a secluded spot along Hangang (river) before she lay out a mat on the ground. 

Baekhyun: (look around) I never know there is such a breathtaking, yet quiet corner here. (smiles)

Taeyeon: Nice right? This is my secret spot. Not a lot of people know about this corner. 

Baekhyun: Secret spot?

Taeyeon: Deh. Come take a seat and put the food down here.

Baekhyun do as per instructed.

He placed the food on the mat and sit next to her.

Taking in the gorgeous view along Hangang, he smell the savoury coming from the food.

Baekhyun: (looking at the small spread with widen eyes) WoW.. pasta, salad, white wine.. etc.

Taeyeon: Try this, it's really good. (serve some spaghetti onto his plate)

Baekhyun:  Mmmm..... matda!

Taeyeon: Delicious right? This is Tiffany noona's and my favourite. We usually do takeaways from this resturant and eat at our dorm. 

Baekhyun: Really? SNSD is SNSD afterall. Such high class food in the dorm. (laughs)

Taeyeon: (laugh) Wine for you? (offer him a small glass of white wine)

Baekhyun: Komawoyo. What about noona?

Taeyeon: (shook her head) I can't drink well. You can have the whole bottle if you want to. (laughs)


Baekhyun took the offer since he is a good drinker. 

Taeyeon wished they can have proper dinner in a restaurant instead of here, but she doesn't want to get spotted by fans just like what happened earlier with Jonghyun. Besides, it's busy dinner time and there is crowd almost everywhere. Luckily, she is close to the manager of this Italian restuarant, thus she can have it prepared to do takeaways during the peak dinner time.

As for Baek, he couldn't help but being overwhelmed by what Taeyeon had prepared for the day. From the movie to the theme park, and now a picnic dinner along the beautiful Hangang. Too much for a win in Music Bank. Never in his life, he had a "date" like this. Not even when he was dating Yura. 


Baekhyun: Noona..

Taeyeon: Hmm?

Baekhyun: You must be very experienced in this, right? (laughs)

Taeyeon: Experienced in what?

Baekhyun: Secret dates. (smirks)

Taeyeon: Wae?? (laughs)

Baekhyun: You seem to know all the right places, right timing, right food..... and all the dos and don'ts for secret dates. (laughs)

Taeyeon: (laughs) You know I have 8 sisters right? Each of them just have to provide me some tips,  and I'll get to learn it all as time goes. 

Baekhyun: (laugh) You are kidding me. I know you are experienced. I read news.

Taeyeon: News? (laughs) You are in this industry and you believe in those "news"? 

Baekhyun: Well, news doesn't come from nowhere.....erh... never mind.

Baek decided to cut his own words and continue with the food. He is curious about her relationship with Jonghyun sunbae. Are they really dating like what is said on the articles? Are things really like what he saw the other day? Or like she said, articles are just articles. She and Jonghyun are just friends??
 

Taeyeon: Well, I do know you are experienced though.

Baekhyun: (look up in surprise) 

Taeyeon: (look at his face) Don't try to lie. I know it.

Baekhyun: ..erm..... just once. But that was a long time ago. It was just a short relationsh....

Taeyeon: (cuts him) You don't have to tell me the details. I'm not even asking about your dating history. (laughs)

Baekhyun: ... ....

Baek knew she was refering to Yura. He knew she was talking about what she witnessed during Gayo Daejun. He wanted very much to explain it to her, but he doesn't how he should put it across. 

Taeyeon: Baekhyun-ah? (caught him in daze again)

Baekhyun: (awaken from thoughs) Deh.

Taeyeon: Are you done with the food?

Baekhyun: y-yeah....

Taeyeon: Then it's time for the grand finale.

Baekhyun: Finale?? 


Before Baek even realizes it, Taeyeon took his wrist and lead him deeper into that secret spot. 

Appearing in front of them is a small green plain with just a lamp post shining dimly on it.

It's beautiful, really beautiful.

The breeze is cooling too, which makes it especially comfortable in the hot summer.

Taeyeon: Come here. Lay down like this on the grass.

Baekhyun: (follow suit and lay down beside her)

Taeyeon: (pointing her fingers up) Look at the stars. They are so bright.

But Baek couldn't look up at all. His eyes are glued onto her. The dim light shines on her face and her petite body, makes her look even brighter than the stars. He felt like his heart is jumping out any second. His face is burning hot as he smell the scent from her body. He wasn't sure if it's the white wine taking effect now or it's just a normal physical reaction a man has.

Her lips, her eyes, her milky skin and her sweet smile. Any of these is enough to make his imagination run wild. But he held back his sinful thoughts. He turn his eyes away from her and distract himself with the stars in the velvet sky.

It then came in a silence as they both watched the sky.

Taeyeon turned her head over and watched Baek. A smile flashed across her face. After spending a day with him, she is glad to see him as happy as before. No matter how much he has changed on the appearance, she is glad Baek is still very much the same old him deep within. Cute, funny and still a little awkward in his own way. 

Then her smile starts to diminish. This man lying beside her has a promising and great future ahead. Surrounded by gorgeous young girls everyday, those girls adores him as much as she does, or even more than her.


Taeyeon: (laughs) I feel dangerous now. 

Baekhyun: ... why??

Taeyeon: You are a popular star now. There are so many girls out there who loves you and yearn for your love. They will kill me if anyone found out you are here watching stars with me. (laughs)

Baekhyun: (laughs) In that case I'm in a more dangerous state. Noona is the goddess of all South Korean men. If they found out I'm lying like this beside you, I'm dead meat! 

Both of them laughed out hard.

Taeyeon: (laughs) It's not true. How can we be the same? We are different. You are the hot and newly risen star. You still have a lot of potential and far future. But noona is just an ahjumma now. 

Baekhyun: (sits up) Nonsense. SNSD is still so popular. Even your subunit TTS is so successful.

Taeyeon: (laughs) You are really a Sone, Baekhyun-ah.

Baekhyun: No, I mean it. Look at you, you still look like a 20 years old.

Taeyeon: (smiles) Komawoyo, it's sweet to hear that. But we still have to face the fact that I'm turning thirties soon. Nobody would want to see a thirty year old woman dancing and doing ageyo on the stage.

Baekhyun: ...

Taeyeon: Give the nation another 2 years and they will forget us.

Baekhyun: Noona...

Taeyeon: But it's okay. I'm already satisfied with how SNSD has came so far. (smile) Noona is still a woman afterall. Ultimately, I will get married and settle down. When that day comes, my priority will change once I have a family. But Baekhyun is different, you are man and you are still young. You still have a long way to go...


Baek doesn't know why, but those words hurt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Time flies.

Soon, it 's amost 11pm.

Both of them left Hangang to return the rented car before Baekhyun send Tae back to her apartment.

It has been a long day and both of them are already tired and sleepy.

But still, Baek suggested to walk her back to her apartment.

A lot of chatting, laughing and hitting along the way.


Taeyeon: Komawoyo, Baekhyun.

Baekhyun: (look at tae) Why thank me?

Taeyeon: Thanks for accompanying me the whole day. I really had a great time. (smile)

Baekhyun: No, I thank you. Isn't this a gift for me?

Taeyeon: (small laugh) Mianhae.

Baekhyun: Mianhae? Why?

Taeyeon: Actually the "gift" was just an excuse for your accompany.

Baekhyun: (surprised)... wae?


Taeyeon lower her head and look down on her feet.

Baekhyun: Noona?

Taeyeon: A lot of things happened lately. I'm really troubled and hardly can figure out how I should move on from where I am now. Before I can make any decisions, I have to get away for awhile to sort out my mind. I don't know why, but the first person I can think of to help me with this is you. 

Baekhyun: .... .....

Taeyeon: I missed our old days, Baekhyun. You were always there to make me laugh and make me happy whenever I was down. I wish everything can resume back to where we left it.

Baekhyun is surprised to hear that. All along he thought he is the only one who wished things can regain back to what it was like in the past. Seems like this is not his own wishful thinking afterall. 

"But wait..."

"She wanted things to resume back to where we left it?"

"Where exactly did we left it? As friends? As noona-dongsaeng? Or....what?"

"I am confused. Really confused."


Baek couldn't figure out his thoughts and finally plucked out his courage.

Baekhyun: How about your boyfriend? Why didn't you ask him since you need an accompany?

Taeyeon: Boyfriend? 

Baekhyun: (nods slightly)

Taeyeon: It's different. Because only Baekhyun can make me smile no matter how troubled I am. I don't why, but you always have that magic power. That is something I don't think I can find even from a boyfriend. (smiles)


"Only I have the power to make you smile?"

"You mean I'm more than a boyfriend to you?"

"Then what am I to you?"


Before Baek can straighten out his thoughts, they already reached her apartment.

Taeyeon: Thanks for everything. I'm glad both of us enjoyed ourselves. 

Baekhyun: (nods slightly) 

Taeyeon: I'm going in. Thanks for walking me home. 

Baekhyun: .......  (bit his lips and his brows slightly furrowed)

Taeyeon turned around and walked towards her apartment unit.

But a grip on her wrist stopped her.


Baekhyun: Wait...!  (held onto tae's wrist).

Taeyeon: (turned around with surprise) What's wrong??

Baekhyun: Noona, there is something I need to tell you.

Taeyeon: hmmm? 

Baekhyun: I watched Strong Heart... And I heard your story... Noona, I....

 

"Taeyeon!"

A voice interrupted them.

Both of them turned to where the voice came from. 

Baek released Taeyeon's hands once he saw it's him.


Taeyeon: Jonghyun??

Jonghyun: Thank god you are fine! I tried calling you but.....  (noticed Baek's presence)

Their eyes meet and Baek greets him with a bow since Jonghyun is a sunbae to him.

Taeyeon: Jonghyun, why are you here at this hour?

Jonghyun: I couldn't reach you the whole day. So I was worried and came here to look for you.

Taeyeon: You have been waiting here?? (check on her phone) Mianhae, I didn't realise my phone went flat.

Jonghyun: It's fine as long as nothing happen to you. (looking at both tae and baek)


Baekhyun felt the awkwardness of his own prescence. 

And so he decided to leave the couple alone.

Baekhyun: (forced a smile) It's late. I think I should get going.

Jonghyun: (bow slighly to Baek) Thanks for seeing her home.

Baekhyun politely return the bow before he walked away.


Taeyeon: Wait! (jogs up to Baekhyun).

Baekhyun: (stopped his feet)

Taeyeon: What was it you want to tell me??

Baekhyun: (took a look at Jonghyun) It doesn't matter. Goodnites, noona.

Baek just turned around and absent himself from the apartment aisle.


Round the corner,

he turned his head back and watched both them walking into her apartment.

His heart simply crushed....

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An update before Taeyeon's birthday. (But so sorry that this is a sad update.)

Are the happy times over?

What do you think will happen next?

Stay tuned.. and don't forget to drop a comment.

(remember no updates for less than 15 comments. don't hate me for this. =P)

 

Taeyeon's latest OST ("And One") is coming out!

I have heard the preview, i think it's going to be a great song.

The first few lines actually suits this story well:

It's easy to turn away

It's easy to keep a distance

But it isn't easy to forget

.....

Looking forward to the full version.... Taeyeon jjang!! <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~