Giving It A Chance

Things Happen for a Reason

It really wasn't a dream. It felt too good to be true. I couldn't sleep at all last night. I tossed and turned in bed. I sat up a few times and tried counting sheep...anything to let me sleep. Obviously, nothing worked. I quietly went downstairs in the middle of the night to grab a snack. I grabbed some cookies from the shelves and a glass of milk. I brought it all to the living room. I the tv to see what was on during this time. I flipped through channels and happened to end on the same news cast that interviewed Seungri and the other members. It was a replay of the news cast. Aiiish, do you enjoy making it so hard to be away from you even if I had been all my life? You're driving me crazy, Seungri...you really are. I quickly switched to a different channel, which was showing famous kpop videos. 2NE1's "Can't Nobody" was on. After that, I fell asleep. I woke up a little bit before my mom did with my empty cup of milk next to me and a cookie in my hand. 

I went to school still stuck on the same thought. I reached my locker and there was Soo Min with a big smile on her face. I didn't bother to bring it up with her knowing she'd already mention something about it. 
"Chaeeee~ah, don't you have something to tell me?" She smiled.
"I think you already know---" She cut me off.
"Everybody knows." She added. I slammed my locker shut, leaned on it, then sunk down to sit on the floor. I hugged my legs close to me. Soo Min sat next to me, "What's wrong, Chae? Shouldn't you be happy?" 
"Soo Min, I'm crazy about a famous kpop singer who I barely know." I cried. My eyes started to water, but I rubbed them off with my sleeve before they started to roll down my cheek. Soo Min looked at me and stared right into my eyes.
"Give yourself a break! Aiiish, you've been through hell these last years. You've got to live and let yourself go. Do what makes you happy..." She told me. 
Soo Min was right. She has been right about everything. 
"I should give him a chance, shouldn't I?" I asked, "It's going to be difficult though..."
"I think that's part of the whole adventure!" She cheered. She jumped up and put out her hand to help me up. I smiled at her and grabbed her hand. I stood up feeling so much better than I was before. 

We walked to class. As I walked into the room, I had every girl staring at me. They all giggled as I passed by. I sat down in my desk next to Soo Min.
"This is about Seungri, isn't it?" I whispered. 
"No, Chae....it's about that test you failed miserably." She whispered sarcastically back, "Aiishhh, of course it's about Seungri..." 
A girl in my class, Sun Hi, walked up to me. 
"Is it true?" she curiously asked. She sat in the seat in front of me and patiently waited for my answer. 
"True about...?" I asked. 
"You know...about Seungri? Did you guys kiss? Did he take you anywhere--" She got cut off by Soo Min.
"Ya~! Slow down....Where are you acquiring this false information?" She asked. 
"It's been kind of going around..." She shyly answered. 
"Between Seungri and I, nothing happened. I just happened to be the lucky fan during the concert." 
"Fan? You don't even deserve to be his! You know nothing of them!" Sun Hi argued.
"Look here, Sun Hi. The girl doesn't have to be obsessed with the guy in order for there to be some chemistry between them." She argued back. She got close to Sun Hi to try and intimidate her, "Stop trying to bring problems upon yourself and stay out of her business." Sun Hi was speechless, but she got up and walked back to her seat across the room. 
"I knew this would be a problem..." I mumbled. 
"These girls are just jealous. Don't let them get to you, okay?" Soo Min assured me. 

I thought about what Sun Hi said. I've always had that thought stuck in my mind. You know nothing about him, you know nothing about him. It's so frustrating to know that he won't leave my thoughts. He is everything and anything that I think about. I wish I could talk to him, see him. I keep seeing him in my dreams and recently, on television. He's everywhere. Soo Min's right again...I shouldn't let there girls get to me. I shouldn't care what they think or what they say. They're just words. What have I got to lose at this point? What's the worst that could possibly happen? 

I couldn't pay attention in class after the bell rung. I tried focusing my eyes on the board, but all I could see were random words, dates, and more words. I looked out the window for a little bit. It was sunny and bright outside. I could hear children's laughter across the street. They look so blissful yet I know they can't wait to grow up and be "older". No, your younger years have got to be the best. You're in an age where you don't feel much pain, hurt, and misery. All you really feel is happiness. Sometimes, I wish I could be a kid again. I would always be smiling and have no care about anything else. Everything was perfect. When I got older, that's where I started to feel so different. Life keeps moving forward, never backwards. I'm still thinking about him and i'm still lost on what to do. Usually, people tell you to listen to your heart. My heart tells me one thing, but i'm scared to take the risk. 

But life's all about risks. Let's go, Chae. You're going to give this a chance.