Falling for You

Things Happen for a Reason

 

"Chae, are you crazy?!" Jung Hee asked me. He was pacing back in forth by my locker. I told him about what Soo Min had told me about the news on the Big Bang concert. I had this feeling that he believed that I believed it, too. 
"I told Soo Min that it was all in her imagination..." I trailed off. 
"Yeah! Good! Aiiiish." He complained. He seemed so frustrated with me at this point and I didn't really understand why, "He's famous. You're a soon-to-be high school graduate." 
"Why thank you for stating the obvious, Jung Hee. You act like I didn't realize that in the first place." I turned away from him and put my books in my locker. I accidentally dropped a folded up picture that I had of that night at the concert. 
Jung Hee picked it up and I snatched it back
"It's rude to look through a girl's stuff." I said. He snatched the picture back and unfolded it. 
"Really? The concert?" He was angry at me. It was terribly obvious. Soo Min walked down the hallway and walked up to us. 
"Hey, what's up?" She said with a smile. 
"Aiiish..." Jung Hee handed me back the picture, grabbed his backpack and walked off. 
"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning..." Soo Min joked. 
"I don't think this is a good time to be joking around with him." 
"Is this about Seungri?" 
"Pretty much." 
"He'll get over it." 
 
I was afraid about that. Jung Hee was upset, but was it because of what Soo Min told me? I don't get it though. I don't believe what she told me and I even told him that. And if for some really odd reason that it was true, there isn't enough proof that it is about me. It would be too early to tell. I started to see that I started listening to Big Bang ever since the concert. Their music was so diverse from their good beat songs to their slow, beautiful songs. They were amazing. The more I listened to them, the more I was hooked. I was finally able to recoginize which member was singing in the songs instead of just ignoring the fact that there's five members in Big Bang. I was taken away by Seungri's voice. He had this heavenly, innocent voice that I couldn't stop listening to. Is Jung Hee afraid of me falling for someone totally out my league? Maybe...he could probably just be upset because he's super protective. 
 
School was quiet because Jung Hee and I didn't talk very much over the course of the day. It was strange, but I didn't know what to really say to him after he blew up on me this morning. 
"I don't understand his deal." Soo Min mumbled while she took a bite of her sandwich. I wasn't even paying attention because I was spacing out while watching some guys play basketball at  the courts.
"Chaeeeee. Earth to Chae!" She waved her hand in front of my face. 
"Oh, sorry. Spaced out for a second." I said. 
"Well, like I was saying...Jung Hee just needs to take a chill pill. I don't know why he's acting so immature right now." 
"I don't understand him right now either, but do you think he's afraid I'm falling for someone who it's impossible to be with?" Soo Min started coughing, acting like she was choking on her sandwich.
"FALLING?! Did you just say you were falling for Seungri?" 
"....Not really....." I lied. I admit it though. My mind's been all over the place, but it always seemed to find a way to think about him. Maybe it's just a phase though. That's what happens when little fan girls start going crazy about their favorite singers. That's probably it. What am I thinking? 
"I told you! I told youuuuuu!" She happily said. 
"Nah, it's probably just a phase. It's nothing."
"I'm just going to tell you this now, Chae....Anything can happen." 
"Soo Min, just eat your sandwich" I jokingly said as I took her juice.
"YA~! That's mine!" 
"Sharing is caring!" I stood up from my seat and she had to chase me for it.
"Chae! We aren't ten!" She said as she ran after me for her juice. I looked behind me to make sure she was far enough, but I bumped into someone. 
"Oh I'm so--" I stoppped. It was Jung Hee. Soo Min ran up next to me, but stopped, too. 
"Chae." He said.
"Jung Hee." I said back. He wrapped his arms around me and hugged me tightly.
"I'm sorry for the way I acted...it was childish of me." He told me. He let go and looked at me, "I just don't want any guy to hurt you anymore. I know he's famous, but I just don't want you to think--" 
"Jung Hee, it's okay. I know." I smiled at him. I'm glad that he and I are talking again. At the same time, I know he cares a lot about me just like I care about him. I don't exactly have good luck with guys. I always end up with a broken heart and numerous sleepless nights.
 
I just want someone who'd be able to change that cycle. I don't want to go through my whole life with a broken heart each time I end up with someone. It's going to take a hell of a lot for things to be different, but only my future will tell.