Just the Beginning

Things Happen for a Reason

 

 
"Li Chung Ae!" yelled a voice. I opened my eyes to the sun shining through my window. It was my mother calling my name from downstairs. 
"Do you have any idea what time it is?" she yelled again. I checked my cell phone and saw that my alarm didn't go off. It was 8:07am and my first class started at 8:30am. 
"Aiiish, why didn't my alarm go off?" I growled at myself. I pushed the covers off of me and stood up. I stretched and walked over to the bathroom. I looked at how much of a mess I looked and splashed water onto my face to wake up. My mom came upstairs with that look of disappointment. 
"I know you're graduating soon and all, but that doesn't mean you should skip school." my mom said while walking up to me, grabbing a towel to wipe the drips of water on my face. Her expression turned from an angry one to a more relaxed look. 
"Sorry, I don't know why my phone didn't go off to wake me up, but i'll be more-" she cut me off. 
"Don't blame it on your phone, Chae." I nodded as she smiled and walked back downstairs. I quickly got ready for school. I drove to school as always and parked next to my friend, Sung Jung Hee's car. He was leaning against his car with his arms crossed over his chest. 
"I know, I'm almost late, Jung Hee" I said as I got out of my car and slung my bag across my body. 
"To be honest...I was almost late, too. I got here about 2 minutes ago so don't feel bad." he chuckled as he walked next to me into the school. Jung Hee's been my best male friend since we were little. All my other friends have wondered why we hadn't dated yet, but he and I had already come across that topic. We're too much of good friends to move on to the next level. We just couldn't seem to find amends to be considered boyfriend/girlfriend. Besides, I had let my heart take over me in the past and I'm more fragile than before. I haven't necessarily been searching for someone, but when it comes, it'll come. 
"Did you get the final project done for Mrs. Kim?" Jung Hee asked as we reached my locker. 
"Aishhhh, is that due today? I completely forgot! I was up all night writing my paper that I had totally forgot about her project." I threw some of my books into my locker. 
 
Jung Hee grabbed my shoulders, "Calm down, Chae. Mrs. Kim understands what you've got on your plate and she knows what you're capable of." I looked at him with sad eyes. I don't want to use those things as an excuse just to extend my project, but I couldn't afford to lose a big chunk of points on this final. The warning bell rung and so we went our seperate ways. 
 
I sat in my history class distracted by the weather outside. Park Soo Min, my female best friend, threw a rolled up paper ball at me. I was startled by it, but she mouthed from across the room to open it. I looked up to make sure that my teacher was busy bambling on about our lecture and then slowly unrolled the note. She wrote in big letters: 
 
BIG BANG WILL BE IN TOWN IN TWO WEEKS. 
I ALREADY SCORED THREE TICKETS FOR YOU, ME, AND JUNG HEE. 
PLUS, VIP ACCESS TO MEET THEM IN PERSON. YOU UP FOR IT? 
^_^~! 
 
I wasn't surprised about this. Soo Min had been talking about Big Bang's concert for the last two months. I took out a sheet of paper and responded: 
 
I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY YOU'RE SO HEAD OVER HEELS FOR THIS BOY BAND GROUP, BUT SURE, I'LL GO. DO YOU REALLY  THINK JUNG HEE WILL APPRECIATE WATCHING A BOY BAND SING ALL NIGHT? 
 
I looked around to make the teacher wasn't watching and threw the note back at Soo Min. She caught it without being noticed. She looked at me and nodded. I was going to take that as in we're dragging Jung Hee along to a concert that he probably wouldn't enjoy very much. We caught him after class to tell him the news. 
"Are you seriously telling me that you girls are going to a Big Bang concert?" Jung Hee asked with a confused look on his face.
"Not just any concert, Jung Hee. This is BIG BANG!" She exclaimed as she looked at him with dreamy eyes. 
"They're just a bunch of boys who sing and have their lives pretty much planned out for them by a huge music company. Why do you love them so much?" he asked. 
"What's not to love about them?" She made a face at him while sticking her tongue out.
"Jung Hee, just go. If i'm going, I need someone to go through this with me." I said, closing my locker.
"So you're not a fan, I suppose?" he asked. 
"Me? I haven't listened to their music, but I hear it's pretty good." 
"Not just good, but--" 
"Soo Min, we get it." Jung Hee cut her off while covering with his hand. 
"Well, please, can we get through all this stress of our last year in high school first then worry about the concert?" I asked as I slowly walked towards my next class. 
"Trust me, Chae. I have this feeling that you'll totally fall for them. Even one." Soo Min assured me as she smiled. 
"What makes you think I'll fall for them? What do you mean even one?" I didn't understand what she was trying to say. 
"You'll see, Chae. You'll see." She said as she walked away. Jung Hee and I exchanged confused looks.