✈chapter one

✈Welcome to EXO Airlines! ― apply closed
------------------✈
AndtheTroubleBegins
chapter one

In the flight attendant's headquarter, a relatively spacious room in the back of the main building, everyone was panicked. Women were running around frantically, papers were being thrown around, and no one had any idea what they were doing. 

The room looked like a war zone and the flight attendants were in a chaos. 

Ahn Hyerin had arrived late that day. She had accidentally overslept and did not arrive at work until after she was supposed to. So when she walked into the room a good thirty minutes after she usually did, she had no idea what was happening.

"What is going on?" she asked out loud to no one in particular. No one answered her. Even though she hadn't directed her question at anyone, she still expected a reply, so it irked her that these girls were apparently too busy running around frantically to answer her. She repeated her question, louder and with a more authoritative tone (hey, she was one of the oldest around, she had the right to be pushy when she needed to be).

Lee Yejin, a good friend and coworker of hers (though she went by the name Ailee), finally stopped in front of Hyerin. "Victoria's not here and no one has any idea what any of their assignments are for the day." She gestured towards the group of flight attendants looking through the mountainous pile of papers on their supervisor's desk. "They're looking for the schedule, but it seems that Victoria either didn't print it out yet or she took it with her yesterday."

Hyerin took off her coat and put down her bag, immediately joining in and helping to find the much needed papers. Victoria always printed out their schedules the night before. Without it, no one had no idea what flights they were supposed to serve.

Basically, all of them were screwed if they didn't find the schedule soon. 

"Did anyone try to find it on her computer?" Hyerin asked. All she received in replies were a few shakes of the head no. She sighed and the desktop computer, not understanding why no one else had thought of that. It was like she was working with a bunch of idiots. 

The old computer was on a few minutes later. Hyerin slumped her shoulders when she realized that Victoria had put a password. Of course she did. What else did Hyerin expect. They were talking about Victoria, of course her computer would be password locked. "Hey!" she yelled over the loud chattering. The noise immediately stopped and all of the women in the room looked at her. "Does anyone know what Victoria's password would be?"

There was silence. Hyerin looked at the girls expectantly. There were tons of them in that very room, and most of them were quite close to Victoria herself. Surely at least one of them would have an idea of what Victoria used for her password.

"Try Nichkhun's name!" someone sarcastically shouted. Snickering ensued as the flight attendants joked about their supervisor's obvious crush on the security guard. Hyerin sighed, but typed in the name anyway. Error, password is incorrect.

"Nope, it's not working. Any other ideas?" Hyerin asked. She was this close to just giving up and going home for the day. Suddenly, an idea popped into her head. "Quick!" she shouted. "Someone tell me when Victoria started working as a flight attendant!" If Hyerin was correct, Victoria loved her job more than anything, and her password would probably be something regarding it. Victoria also was the type to remember everything and something as important as the day she started working as a flight attendant would stick in her mind forever.

Hyerin waited for someone to tell her the date, but no one said anything. They all stared at each other, blank looks on their faces as they hoped the person next to them knew the date of Victoria's first work day.

None of them knew.

It wasn't any of the girls' fault. Victoria had worked as a flight attendant for much longer than any of them had. Victoria was already at the workplace when all of them joined the company, and she was already supervisor when some of the girls started working. Even though they all knew Victoria loved her job and was basically married to it, none of them really bothered to ask her any specific details.

"Um, I think it was-" before Ailee could finish her sentence, the door was slammed open and in stepped the cutest thing the flight attendants had ever seen. 

Sehun gave all the ladies a cheeky smile and waved, earning him coos and hugs from most of the women. Calls of "Sehun-ah, you're so cute," and "Oh Sehun, you need to visit more often!" were heard all around the room. Sehun took his time going to each other the women who had called him and talked to them for a second before moving on. When he was finished visiting with all of the flight attendants, he headed straight towards Hyerin.

Hyerin wasn't exactly sure what the boy was doing in the flight attendant's headquarters, but when she saw the blue packet he held in his hands, she didn't know whether to take it from him and thank him or take it from him and smack him in the head with it. "Where in the world did you get this?" she asked, jumping up from her chair and snatching it out of Sehun's hands. "We were looking everywhere for this."

"Obviously not everywhere," Sehun muttered. "All the pilots received a copy yesterday from Victoria noona. I had a question about the schedule so I came to ask her." Sehun looked around, noticing the mess in the room for the first time. "Wow, you would think a bunch of women would know how to keep this place clean," he commented.

Hyerin whacked him in the head with the stack of papers and gave him an annoyed look. "If you're done here," she started to say, pushing him out of the room, "goodbye, Sehun."

"Wait, I didn't get to ask my-" The door was slammed in his face. 

Holding the blue papers above her head like a trophy, Hyerin exclaimed, "We have the schedule!" and as if on cue, all the flight attendants let out a sigh of relief and clapped loudly. All of them could now check which flights they were on, and more importantly, whose flight it was. Hyerin read aloud the list, making sure everyone knew their assignments for today. No one knew where Victoria was, but as long as they had her life saving schedule, they'd be okay - for now, at least.

"By the way, Hyerin noona," Sehun said, popping his head back into the room, obviously not learning any better from before. "You're supposed to be serving hyung's flight in like twenty minutes. So I'd get ready if I were you."

"Which hyung, Sehun?" Hyerin asked, giving him a look. Hyerin hadn't checked her own flights yet, since she was so busy making sure everyone else knew theirs. "You have eleven of them. Be more specific."

"Oh right." Sehun scratched his head, trying to remember. When he finally recalled the name, he smiled and said excitedly, " I think you're flying to Japan with Kris hyung!"

The flight attendant groaned. "This day just keeps getting better and better," she muttered. Hyerin gave the schedule to the girl next to her and turned around, banging her head on the wall. "Why me? What did I ever do wrong?"

Ailee looked at her friend sympathetically and patted her on the shoulder. "If it makes you feel any better," she said, "I'll be serving that flight also!" 

That did not make Hyerin feel any better.

 

 

As soon as Hyerin and Ailee stepped onto the plane, Hyerin got a bad feeling. When she voiced her opinion aloud, Ailee just brushed her concerns off.

"You're being paranoid. EXO Airlines has never in it's history ever had any kind of accident." Ailee stated, remembering what she had heard back when she was a flight attendant in training. Ailee looked at Hyerin in worry. "What's wrong? You've never been afraid of flying before."

Hyerin shook her head. "No, I'm not worried about any accidents," she said. "It's our pilots I'm worried about." She had no more time to dwell on her bad feeling though, passengers were getting on the plane in a few minutes and she had to prepare herself for another agonizing flight.

In the cockpit, the two pilots were checking their systems for the second time."Everything's in check, Captain." Huang Zitao switched a button to the on position, and turned to the pilot flying the plane. He looked at the older man and nodded, saying, "We're ready to take off."

Kris gave his copilot a thumbs up. He pulled his microphone into position over his mouth, getting ready to greet his passengers. He looked at Tao once more, a small smirk playing on his lips. Tao could see the mischievous glint in Kris' eyes and he shook his head, an amused smile appearing on his face. Tao would try to stop Kris from doing whatever he was about to, but Kris wouldn't listen to him anyway. And besides, Tao wanted to know what Kris had up his sleeve today.

"Ladies and gentleman, this is your captain speaking," Kris said into the microphone as he shifted a lever into place. The plane started to slowly move forward. "I would like to welcome you aboard flight E408 heading to Tokyo International Airport." His smirk got wider and Tao chuckled, anticipating what he would say next. "I would like to thank all of the great flight attendants of EXO Airlines." Tao looked confused. He was expecting something funnier. The older man noticed this and just raised his pointer finger, telling Tao to wait for the punch line.

Back in the cabin, Ahn Hyerin was listening to the captain's announcement. When she heard Kris say that he would like to thank all of the flight attendants, her eyes widened in surprise. She turned Ailee, who was sitting next to her, and asked, "Is Kris actually thanking us today?"

Ailee shrugged, although she was a little bit confused also. "Maybe he's gotten more mature."

"But wasn't it just last week when he announced to the plane that it was my last day on the job because I was quitting to become a ballerina?" Hyerin asked bitterly. She remembered the horrible incident that happened last week. The whole plane ride, passengers kept going up to her and wishing her luck on her dreams of being a dancer. "An actual ballerina came up to me and told me that I had the perfect figure to be a great dancer."

When Ailee heard that, she snorted. Hyerin sent her a look and Ailee composed herself, but an amused giggle escaped her lips. "Well maybe Captain Kris has finally learned how to be nice."

But as soon as she finished what she was saying, Kris' voice filled the plane once more as he completed his thought from before. "Really, we have some of the best flight attendants in the business." There was a pause, and everyone was wondering what their pilot would say next. "Too bad none of our great flight attendants are on this flight." 

Hyerin and Ailee immediately looked at each other, shocked looks on their faces. Laughter filled the cabin, and they all knew the passengers were amused at their pilot's humor. The flight attendants, however, were not amused.

Seated across from her and Ailee, Hyerin saw two flight attendants looking at the intercom, not believing what they were hearing. They were also shocked at what their captain just announced to the whole plane. Hyerin waved a hand at them, gaining their attention. After successfully doing so, she mouthed the words, "He is so dead."

 

 

As soon as the plane landed in Tokyo two hours later, the flight attendants quickly got up and did their jobs. They assisted passengers with their luggage and made sure that everyone got out of the plane. Hyerin was standing by the door, thanking passengers as they left the plane. None of them were paying any attention to her though, because unfortunately for her, Captain Kris and his copilot, Tao, were standing right across from her. They were also thanking the passengers for choosing EXO Airlines.

Hyerin kept a smile on her face, even though she was fed up with the high pitched giggles that came from the girls fawning over the two pilots. When the last passenger exited the plane, an elderly lady who thanked her two pilots for safely getting her to her destination but didn't even bother looking at Hyerin or any of the other flight attendants, Hyerin let out a big sigh and a frown replaced her fake smile. She glared at the two pilots in front of her. "You two are terrible people," she said as soon as the elderly lady was out of ear shot. The two flight attendants from earlier nodded in agreement as they passed the trio, though Hyerin saw one of them was eyeing Tao lustfully.

"Why, what did we even do?" Kris feigned innocence. Hyerin had known and worked with him long enough to know that he said what he did to deliberately make the flight attendants mad. He loved to get a reaction out of all of them.

"It's as if you want all of us to hate you," Hyerin said as she shook her head disdainfully.

Tao held his hands up in defense, declaring his innocence. "I had nothing to do with this, so don't blame me."

"But you didn't stop him," Hyerin noted, turning around and walking down the aisle. She was checking to see if any passenger had left anything behind. Last thing she wanted was another kid being left on the plane. Last time that happened, no one found out until after they had flown back to Korea. "You're just as bad as the devil standing over there, Tao."

Kris followed Hyerin down the aisle, calling after her and teasing her even more. "Aw, did my little comment bother Miss Ahn Hyerin?"

"You are really annoying, do you know that?"

Just as Kris was about to retort, Ailee threw a paper cup at the two of them. When the bickering duo turned and looked her way, bewildered looks on their faces, Ailee narrowed her eyes. "Stop flirting and do your job! I'm tired of having to clean up by myself as you two flirt and bicker."

Kris couldn't help the urge to say one last comment before he left Hyerin alone. "See, that's a great flight attendant. I guess I forgot she was on the plane or else I would've included her in my welcoming announcement."

Hyerin was exceptionally glad when Tao came up and stopped Hyerin from doing anything she would soon regret. "It's my break now, so do you guys want to grab lunch?" he asked, looking at the both of them. Kris shook his head and Hyerin did also. Not that she wouldn't have loved to go eat lunch, but she had another flight in a couple hours that she had to prep for. Tao nodded and started to walk away, waving over his shoulder. "Alright, see you guys later."

As soon as Tao left, Kris turned to Hyerin. She looked at him with an annoyed face, wondering what in the world he was still doing on the plane. Usually, he would be one of the first people off - not including passengers, of course. Kris gave her a grin, and Hyerin recognized it immediately. It was that creepy smirk Kris always sported whenever he was about to make her do something for him. "No," she said immediately, holding up a hand to stop him from talking. "Whatever you're asking, no."

Kris rolled his eyes. "You don't even know what I'm asking-"

"And I don't care to," she interrupted. Whatever it is, the answer is no." Hyerin started to walk away.

Kris pulled her back and held her in place by putting a hand on her shoulder. "Oh no you don't, this isn't optional." Hyerin raised an eyebrow at him, and he mockingly did it back. "My dad, I mean, Mr. Wu is requesting you and I do a project together," he explained. Kris knew it was bad to lie to her, but he also knew that there was no other way to get her to agree. "You, Jongdae, Kyungsoo, and I will be planning the annual EXO Airlines Banquet."

Hyerin groaned, not believing what she was hearing. "Why me? Can't you go force Sehun or someone to work with you?"

Kris smirked, knowing she was believing every little lie coming out of his mouth. He quickly wiped his smirk off his face and once again acted as if he was truly sorry about her having to work with him. "Sorry, but no can do. Mr. Wu specifically asked for us to work together. Something about "improving teamwork" or something like that." Kris had to bite his lip to stop himself from laughing out loud. He honestly was just such a good liar. 

"Why doesn't Victoria do it? Doesn't she always do it?" Hyerin tried to find a way out of her problem. She really did not want to help Kris and the others plan the banquet. The yearly banquet was always such a big deal, and to screw it up would be like committing suicide in the workplace. All the employees looked forward to it, as it was the only time they could get drunk in front of their boss and get away with it. The party was also a popular time for hooking up, so the girls were always anticipating it in case they were lucky enough to get a cute boy to take home with them. If Hyerin were to mess it up, her coworkers would not be very happy with her. Hyerin did not want that pressure looming over her. She had no idea how Victoria managed to pull it off so perfectly every year.

Kris just shrugged. "I don't know, nor do I really care." Lies. All lies, he thought. Kris cared very much, but he wasn't going to let Hyerin know that. "But it's all finalized. I'm going to head over to tell my dad you agreed right now." And before Hyerin could protest anymore, Kris cheekily waved and ran out of the plane.

Hyerin rolled her eyes and muttered in annoyance, "Right, so now he gets off the plane."

 

 

 

-------------------✈

First chapter is up! Hyerin is my character. This is the official start of the story, aren't you all as excited as I am?

That little "too bad none of our great flight attendants are on this flight thing" is not my idea. I found it on the internet. So credits to whoever I found that from.

Sorry for the long wait and for the extremely long chapter. I hope I don't overwhelm you guys with this. Other chapters won't be as long as this I hope. Alright, well, so far, only one person has requested an extension and that is -catalyst. That means for the rest of you who are planning onto or want to apply, the deadline is tomorrow. I'll be looking through the applications throughout the weekend and reveal the first chosen applicant Monday(?)

The list will be updated soon...maybe. If I stop being lazy. Alright, well, thanks again for everything everyone c: