Incoming Storm

Cafe

 

Jiyong sped through the doors of one of the many meeting rooms in the YG Entertainment building.  “Oh just in time Jiyong!” Daesung said smiling.  The happy member observed the coffee mug in Jiyong’s hand “What’s this? You didn’t bring the rest of us coffee?!”.

 

“If I bothered to get you guys coffee I wouldn’t have made it in time for the meeting.  Besides, my friend had only given me one before I rushed out the door”.

 

Seungri joined the two in the room.  “Who is the friend?” Seungri asked. 

 

Jiyong turned around to face Seungri “A very amusing young lady”.

 

Daesung and Seungri looked at one another and raised their eyebrows. 

 

“Better not let the higher ups hear you say that.  If they knew one of their idols had a potential girlfriend they would lecture you nonstop. It’s a very annoying and tedious process to get an approval to date” Seungri groaned.

 

Daesung elbowed the youngest member gently. “You would know about YG Entertainment’s dating policies Mr. Flirt” he joked. 

 

“I can’t help that I’m popular with the ladies!” Seungri said with a wink.

 

Jiyong smirked “Why don’ you have a girlfriend then?”

 

Seungri dramatically placed his hand over his heart “It is because I love all women and can’t settle on one”.

 

The three broke into laughter. 

 

“Psssttt” someone whispered outside the door.

 

The three men turned around to see Seung-Hyun and Taeyang peeking into the room.  “Did we beat President Yang Hyunseok? He’s not here is he?” Seung-Hyun mouthed. 

 

“You two are safe” Jiyong said and gestured them to come in. The two men gave a sigh of relief.

 

“We’re supposed to be discussing when this month we’ll be releasing our new album. Don’t you find it strange he’s not here already?”Taeyang noted.  He took a seat at the large meeting table. 

 

“I agree – it is unusual. The President is always early to meetings” Seung-Hyun said and sat next to Taeyang. “Anyway what were you guys talking about that was so funny?”

 

A glint of humor sparked in Jiyong’s eyes he took the seat across from Seung-Hyun.

 

Daesung laughed “We were just trying to figure out who Jiyong’s mysterious coffee friend is!”

 

“Jiyong’s coffee friend?” Taeyang asked. “Woman coffee friend?”

 

Seungri nodded “Yep, a woman coffee friend”.

 

Taking a sip of his coffee, Jiyong began to silently countdown to himself. 

 

“5”

 

Seung-Hyun looked up and noticed the coffee mug in Jiyong’s hand. 

 

“4”

 

It looked familiar – the insanely bright yellow color of the mug.  The phrase “Better a crust of bread with love, than a whole loaf without” was scrolled onto the mug in thick black lettering.  Reading it made him laugh and it reminded him all too much of Hana. 

 

“3”

 

As the image of Hana appeared in Seung-Hyun’s mind he noticed the mischievous grin on Jiyong’s face. The grin hit him hard and the realization of the mug’s owner slapped him across the face. 

 

“2”

 

Seung-Hyun stood up so quickly the chair fell onto its back.  “Jiyong, NO – no you didn’t” he exclaimed with a look of shock.

 

“1”

 

“Ohhhh, YES I did” Jiyong said with winning smile and raised the coffee mug in the air.

 

“0”

 

Seung-Hyun’s mouth dropped open and he slumped back against the wall in defeat.  Possible scenarios of Jiyong talking to Hana swirled in his head.   What did he say to her? Was she uncomfortable? Shocked? As worrisome questions ran through his head, Jiyong waltzed over and leaned next to him. 

 

“Don’t worry, you know me - I was only checking in on you” Jiyong said trying to reassure Seung-Hyun.  “I conducted a very subtle face to face interview” he said with a smile. 

 

Seung-Hyun gently hit his head against the wall.  “If I think about it, this shouldn’t surprise me – you finding about her and then talking to her”.  Nothing ever escaped Jiyong’s eyes when it came to the members of Big Bang.  As the leader of the group, Jiyong was always one step ahead of the game. 

 

Finally accepting the situation Seung-Hyun whispered “So what do you think her?”

 

“She’s a sweet girl.  She seems very understanding and innocent but definitely not weak minded. I like her” Jiyong said and gave Seung-Hyun an encouraging pat on the back. 

 “You know, I haven’t seen you like this since Stella…”

 

Seung-Hyun smiled softly “After Stella and I called it quits I submerged myself in work.  But Hana …she brought me back up to the surface and I feel like I can breathe again.  She reminds me of why I love music so much.”

 

Jiyong’s eyes twinkled “You’re serious about this one aren’t you?”

“Yeah, I am” he said firmly. “I’m going to tell her tonight about us – Big Bang and living the celebrity life.  It wouldn’t be fair to her if I went any further without telling her the truth.”

 

“OIIIIIIII” whined Seungri. “What are you guys talking about? Don’t leave us out of the loop!”  Taeyang and Daesung nodded in agreement.

 

Seung-Hyung laughed “I was just telling Jiyong about a few lyrics I came up with a few nights ago.”

 

Jiyong raised an eyebrow “You did?”

 

“Let’s just say Hana and her coffee inspired me” he whispered. 

 

As the members chatted amongst themselves animatedly the door to the conference room suddenly slammed opened and in walked President Yang Hyunseok with a grim look on his face. 

 

He threw an envelope on the desk and several pictures spilled out.  Taeyang picked a photo up “Hey isn’t this you Seung-Hyung?”

 

Grabbing the picture from him, Seung-Hyung felt his body freeze over.  Someone had taken a picture of him and Hana as they were exiting his house. 

 

“Would you care to explain Seung-Hyung?” asked the President with a frown etched onto his face. 

 

Meanwhile  ….
As Hana cleaned the windows of the shop she noticed the sea of gray clouds intruding into the blue sky. 

 

“Looks like a storm is coming” she said to herself.  She couldn’t shake off the feeling that something bad was to happen and she silently prayed that the storm would pass quickly. 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HEY GUYS! It has truly been a long time since I have updated this story.  I have just finished my first quarter of college and my winter break has now begun!!! So I have three weeks of freedom and I plan to write as much as I can ;).  Thank you all for your support and reviews and support! It really motivates me to keep writing.  

Now remember if you haven't already vote for the next Big Bang Member you would like me to write about next :).  Also in your review, if you write about what you hope happens to Hana and Top i'll take a look at it and it may come true if I like the idea! 

Anyhow, let's hope Hana and Seung-Hyun can get through the storm smoothly