Creating Your Own Recipe

Cafe

 

Hana let out a deep breath as soon as Seung-Hyun had left the kitchen.  As she put away the last of the dishes she mentally scolded herself.  She had dated before, she had kissed before, she had held hands before yet she was blushing like a little school girl who had a touched a boy for the first time. 

“Nope” Hana said to herself.  Grabbing two glasses and the wine she headed outside to the balcony. She was not attracted to Seung-Hyun.  Her reaction was simply due to the sudden and awkward contact not because she was attracted to him.  Mentally she repeated this reason over and over again….

Funny thing was Seung-Hyun was doing the same thing.  Rather than finding dessert as he had told Hana he had made a detour to the bathroom. He splashed his face with cold water until his head cleared up.  The situation was getting dangerous he thought.  “No” he reassured himself.  The only reason he got flustered was because of the sudden contact with Hana.  No, he wasn’t attracted to her – he chanted this phrase over and over as he dried his face. 

Heading back to the kitchen he realized the only food he had that could be considered dessert were a handful of peaches.  “Guess we’ll have to make it work somehow” he said as he cut up the peaches.  Carrying the bowl of peaches he searched for Hana and found her back facing him outside on the balcony. 

“Sorry this was the only dessert I could find”. 

Hana peered into the bowl.  “This is perfect.  Here I’ll make a really easy dessert out of this” she said.  Taking the bottle of wine she poured a good amount into the bowl of peaches.  She laughed at the shock on his face.  “It’s good – I’ve tried this before.  Just let the peaches soak up the red wine and you get an explosion of flavor”.  She popped a slice into .

Seung-Hyun looked hesitant but he tried a slice.  He soon nodded in agreement.

“See I told you so” said Hana.

“It’s a nice balance of fruity and bitterness” he said and took another peach. 

“I’m not a heavy drinker but combining eating fruit soaked in wine is something else” Hana said. 

“You just love all kinds of food don’t you?”

“The list of foods I love is endless and I only keep adding to it as the years go by.  But the best thing I ever had to eat was a lemon cake from a bakery in Paris.  Hana allowed herself a very small smile.  “It was a very fine crumb,” she continued.  “Three weightless layers, bright pale yellow like fresh egg yolks and a very very light zesty lemon icing between layers”.  She closed her eyes in memory.  “It was like sunlight”. 

Seung-Hyun couldn’t help but smile. The way Hana described things made life feel more colorful and vibrant. 

“What about you, Seung-Hyun?”

“A peach when I ten years old from a local market”. He laughed.  “I know it sounds ridiculous. Out of all the delicious things I’ve tried – my best experience was with a peach. When I was ten I tried it for the first time. It was big, bright reddish and orange color and had just the exact firmness.  I took it to the beach and sat there in the sand, peeling the skin away with my teeth and ate it whole.”

He turned to face Hana and leaned against the balcony. “The juice was running down my face and hands, and I didn’t even care because it tasted like the first time you meet somebody you’re going to fall in love with, that first minute when you know”.

Unbeknownst to Hana, she had ended up moving closer to him.

“The first minute you know?”  Hana said. She didn’t know what she was saying anymore.  Her head wasn’t working properly. “It doesn’t sound ridiculous at all”. She was leaning forward seduced by Seung-Hyun’s voice “It’s often the simplest things that are the most beautiful” she said softly.  The pictures he drew and his magnetic eyes, which were focused on her pulled her in. 

As if waking up from a trance, Hana realized how close she was to him and immediately looked out the view of the city lights against the night sky. Maybe she was just imagining things but the situation was getting into dangerous territory.  She had to distract herself “Can I hear you rap?”she suddenly asked. 

The request caught him off guard.  Hana hardly watched television and she didn’t have a radio – she was clueless about the news within the music scene. He was safe to sing one of his raps from some of the older Big Bang songs.  But he wondered if he should take the risk?

Seeing her playful smile, he felt himself relax.  He would just sing something new that way he wouldn’t have to worry. “Hear let me think for a second.  I’ll put on a special on the spot performance for you.”

Hana clapped her hands “Really?! Oh how exciting.  That’s impressive you’ll just think of something now? How much time do you need?”

“Not much at all” he said. Usually he would spend all night thinking about what to write.  Usually he would be going through papers and papers of lyrics to find the right words. But as he watched Hana the words seem to come together naturally. 

Images of walking into the café for the first time and their conversations that followed flooded his mind.  Embracing those memories he let the words roll off his tongue.

“I remember when you walked through that door

Sat down in that chair

The times that we shared

But you’ve been here.

 

Only the white chair that you sat in

Has your scent on it

You left leaving only a heartless silence

Waiting for you, this little café

 

The usual Ice Coffee, Espresso double shot

Close your eyes

Let it slide smoothly down your throat, Music we used to love

My heart beats faster

The tremors when I first met you

The café helps me remember that attraction”

Seung-Hyun finished with his eyes still on Hana.  When it came to writing lyrics he never lied to himself nor his audience.  But he was shocked at himself for his honesty.  The lyrics that flowed out didn’t surprise him anymore – he had to accept his feelings.  He should have seen it coming.  He tried to see Hana as a friend and tried to deny that he was getting attached to her – but he failed.  Could Hana see through him now?

It was short but without moving a muscle he had captured her attention.  Hana was speechless and could only clap like a fool.  His lyrics hit her hard - he had taken their encounters at the café to create this improvisation.  The lines “my heart beats faster and the tremors when I first met you” caught her by surprise.  She could feel a blush escape onto her face again.  Oh god he had to stop doing that to her she thought to herself.

 Hana steadied her voice “That was amazing…your voice is exactly how I pictured it.  Yet hearing for the first time was just mind blowing. When you sing in public I bet you melt plenty of hearts. Even if you’re just putting together words that flow well together you make people feel like you’re talking only to them.” She was surprised to hear Seung-Hyun chuckle.

“I was talking only to you” he whispered.  Hardly aware of what he did, he brushed away the hair from her cheek in a gesture that was as sweet and as intimate as it was uncharacteristic.  Hana was shocked. She tried to reason with herself that Seung-Hyun might be used to having women fall at his feet. Yet logic was thrown out the window for the mere brush of a fingertip over her skin sent her head spinning. An effort of will kept her from melting into his arms or from jerking away. She remained still, watching him. Waiting. 

Seung-Hyun was memorized by her eyes and found himself leaning towards her.  She still didn’t know who he was.  He had no right to pull her into his life and emotions without letting her know what she was getting into.  But his body was acting against his wishes. 

And when his mouth lowered toward hers, she knew she was prepared. All the doubt, all the excuses and attempts to deny her feelings slipped away.  She had fallen for Seung-Hyun.

Both knew the kiss would be different, naturally because the person before them was different. It would be new because they were new.  And the moment they experienced that touch of lips, that pressure, that taste, they both were mistaken.  Different? New? Those words were much too mild.  The brush of lips changed the fabric of everything. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading thus far!!! Ahhhh they finally gave into their feelings! Honestly I wanted to prolong the "kiss scene" but i couldn't wait myself.  Hope it wasn't too rushed for you guys :P. Anyhow stay tuned for next time.  Will Seung-Hyun tell Hana about Big Bang or will she found out another way? dun dun DUNNNNNN.  

Remember if you haven't already placed your votes for which Big Bang member I'll about next please do so in the comment section.  I'm already brainstorming story plots XD. HAPPY VOTING!