Surrender to Temptation

Cafe

 

She couldn’t speak, not for a moment.  The feeling was so immense it left no room for words. If anyone had told her that the world could change in the single beat of a heart, she would have laughed.  Now she understood. 

Hana legs buckled underneath her. “Wow...” – that was the only word that escaped her lips. 

Seung-Hyun was amused by her reaction and sat down on the balcony so he was eye level with her.  “Wow indeed” he murmured and kissed her again.

When he pulled away, a madly blushing Hana slightly glared at him “You have to stop making my heart race like this.  I’ll die if you keep this up”.

He broke into laughter “Well that wouldn’t be very good for me if I stopped making your heart race? I don’t want to be the only one whose heart is beating this”.

Shocked Hana’s hands covered .  She knew what he was going to say and it brought tears to her eyes.  “This is too good to be true” she murmured. 

Standing up, he reached down to pull Hana up to her feet.

“I am so thankful that I stumbled into that alley where your café was.  You had caught my interest the first time I drank your coffee.  Now I’m hooked – not only to your coffee but your smile, enthusiasm and everything about you.  Hana, I’m in love with you”.  Hana’s silence made him nervous.  “Say something please?”

“I tried to convince myself that we were just friends. But the more I got know you, it was impossible to keep thinking that. I love you too.  Thank god, you came in to drink my coffee” she said as she wrapped her hands around his neck.  Another kiss was exchanged. 

Seung-Hyun was over flooded with happiness but he had to risk losing it now to tell her the truth. 

“Hana, there’s something you need to know …” he began

“BBRINNNNNGGGGGG” Hana jumped up to turn off the alarm on her cell phone.  “Oh my gosh, is it one in the morning already?! I’ll have to get going soon or else I’ll be a walking zombie during work” she said apologetically.  “Sorry about that, what was it that you wanted to tell me?”

He sighed in defeat and ran his hand through his hair. “I’ll tell you tomorrow” he said with a smile.  The two walked to the front door.

Hana stopped for a moment. “Are you sure? If it’s really important you should tell me now”

“It can wait.  Besides it’ll take a while to drive you back home” he said and opened the door for her.

“Seung-Hyun, thank you for tonight.  I had a lot of fun – I’ll remember this for a long time” she said and kissed him. 

As she headed to car, Seung-Hyun whispered “For what I’m about to tell you – we’ll need a whole day.  Half a day for me to tell you my situation. And the rest of the day for you to mentally recover”

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Peering into the window of the café Jiyong saw Hana sitting at one of the tables.  It surprised him to find her sitting so early in the morning instead of filling the shelves with new pastries. 

“Hey Hana! Are you alright?” he said as he walked over and took the chair next to her.  Lost in dreamy daze, Hana continued to stare in the same direction. She stirred her coffee over and over again with a huge smile plastered on her face. Jiyong waved his hands in front of her. No reaction at all.  “Someone had a great night.” he laughed. 

“What? Jiyong, when did you get here?” asked Hana.

“Someone had a really good night” he repeated. “You didn’t even notice I was here!” He elbowed her gently “I’m happy you both were able to confess your feelings”.

Hana blushed “Is it that obvious? …Wait how would you know?!!!”

Jiyong nodded “Your face is like an open book.  How do you feel?”

“How do I feel?” Hana chuckled “I feel greedy almost. I can’t remember the last time I wanted to get know someone so badly.  I want to spend more time with him – to talk and do the little things”.

“Love is strange thing indeed.  It awakes feelings in us that we never thought existed”. The look in Jiyong’s eyes changed subtly “Did you learn anything new about him”.

“He rapped a small piece for me.  I didn’t know how talented he was till last night.  I’ve never heard a voice like his – I’m a fan now. He’s going to be really famous one day” Hana said with an amazed expression.

Jiyong cringed slightly at the realization Seung-Hyun hadn’t told her the truth yet.  She said Seung-Hyun was going to be famous? Seung-Hyun was already one of the most famous idols in South Korea.  The phrase “plenty of fans” didn’t give the number of Big Bang fans any justice – the phrase “an endless sea of fans and handfuls of stalkers” was more exact. Oh god, Seung-Hyun had so much explaining to do.

“Did Seung-Hyun say he was going to tell you anything?”

“Actually he did say he had something to tell me.  I wanted him to tell me yesterday night.  But he said he’d tell me today when we had more time”.

Jiyong’s phone started vibrating.  He looked down and saw Seungri had texted him that the group meeting was pushed an hour earlier today. 

“Work?” Hana asked.

“Yep, I better get going. The meeting I’m going to is earlier than I expected.  Crap, I only have half an hour to get there!”.

“Wait!” Hana ran over to the counter and filled a mug with coffee. “Here, it’s on the house.  You need a daily dose of caffeine to start your day”.

He gave her a quick hug. “Thanks Hana!”.  As he took the mug from her, he looked her straight in the eyes. “Hana whatever you do, make sure to meet up with Seung-Hyun today.” He then jogged out the café. 

His seriousness surprised her “Don’t worry I will!” she shouted out to him.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OHH THANKS AGAIN FOR READING!! Be ready for next time when Hana gets overwhelmed with relevations.  How will she find out??! Also don't forget to place your votes for the next Big Bang member I'll write about. Have a good weekend everyone :)