Chapter 4

Left behind

"He's so cute!" Jihoon squealed with happiness.

 

"Yeah, we know," Kyung muttered, "You told us before."

 

"He's always biting on his lower lip, and he's always pouting when he's thinking and-"

 

"Okay, okay," Jiho threw his hands up, "You can shut up now,"

 

Jihoon giggled like a kid.

 

Kyung smiled at him, "Look, we're happy that you're in love and so on, but have you talked to him since the last time?"

 

"Not really."

 

True, Jihoon had visited the café Taeil worked at almost every day since that time he came to apologize. He always sat at the same table, on the same chair, to get the best view of the boy. He always ordered something hot to drink, observing the small man until the cup was empty. It usually took about and hour, so he always spent his lunch-time there.

 

"You're a stalker," Jiho stated and drank from his soda can.

 

"I'm not!"

 

 

-   -   -

 


"He's stalking me!" Taeil groaned loudly.

 

"Think about it in a good way," Jaehyo said while fixing his bangs in the mirror, "Be happy that someone actually likes you."

 

"Yeah, you too."

 

Jaehyo sighed, "Why do you always get all defensive and angry as soon as I joke about something?"

 

Taeil shrugged, "Because you're an idiot."

 

"Well, you are too. Loosen up will you?"

 

Taeil glared at him. "Would you be happy to have a stalker then? More precisely a male stalker?"

 

Jaehyo turned around to face him, "No, I guess not."

 

"Exactly, so why should I be happy?"

 

"Because you have a fanboy," he grinned.

 

"I don't want a fanboy!!"

 

"Chill out. I think it's kinda cute that he likes you. I mean, he's looking at you in the same way a girl is looking at her favorite idol."

 

Taeil rolled his eyes.

 

Jaehyo let out a laugh, "Why don't you try and date him?"

 

"I'm not ing gay."

 

"Have you ever tried having with a guy?"

 

Taeil frowned, "No? Why sh-"

 

"They how can you know?" Jaehyo gave him an evil smirk.

 

Taeil glared at him even more, "I hate you so much," he spat, and left the changing room.

 

 


Taeil cursed when he saw Jihoon enter the café later that day. Jaehyo had told him that the blonde had visited around four o'clock a few days in the beginning after their last meeting. And after noticing Taeil hadn't been there, he had in the end gone to the counter, asking Jaehyo if Taeil had quit the job. And Jaehyo of course, being the idiot he was, had told the blonde boy that he hadn't quit, he just happened to work the early shift until 3pm. Taeil hated him for this fact, and he hated this Jihoon guy even more. Didn't he have school to attend to?

 

Jihoon smiled brightly at him when he reached the counter, "I want a chai latte today, please"

 

"Okay," trying to sound as nice as possible, "Something to eat?"

 

"No, I'll get fat again,"

 

Taeil raised an eyebrow.

 

"I was very fat before you know. Like those in America who only eats at McDonalds all the time!"

 

"Ok..,"

 

"That's not very charming right? But now I'm very handsome." Jihoon winked.

 

"Good for you? 3900 won please."

 

"Huh?"

 

Taeil took a breath, "For the latte."

 

Jihoon released a laugh, "I thought you meant that you would pay 3900 won for me,"

 

"Oh my God," Taeil rolled his eyes, "I'll come with the chai when it's done."

 

"I know you will,"

 

Jihoon smiled and walked to his usual table and sat down. Taeil turned around to make the chai latte, cursing in his head. '3900 won for me', he put down the mug with some force on the counter, 'What the is that even?' he hated cheesy comments to his guts.

 

When he was done he took the chai, not bothering to do any art on it, and walked towards Jihoon.

 

After placing the drink on the table he sat down on one of the chairs in front of the other. Jihoon looked shocked at first, but Taeil saw the spark of hope in his eyes.

 

Taeil exhaled, "Look, I don't know why you keep on coming here. If it's because you like me or something, I appreciate it, but I want you to stop."

 

"Why? I want to see you."

 

"But I don't want to see you..."

 

Jihoon leaned over the table, "Sorry, I just like you so mu-"

 

"How can you like me without even knowing me?!" Taeil hissed, not loud enough for the other costumers to hear, "I don't care if you're gay or whatever, but I'm not! So stop sitting here, staring at me like a damn stalker every day!"

 

Jihoon retreated to his chair, "I'm-"

 

"Please... just stop."

 

Taeil stood up and walked back to the counter. His heart was racing with anger, so much he actually had to kneel down to take some deep breaths. He didn't want to look back and see what kind of reaction he had gotten from the other boy, he just waited for the sound of the doorbell, confirming the others' leave.

 

"Wasn't that a bit harsh?" Jaehyo said as he kneeled down beside him, "He looks pretty sad you know."

 

Taeil avoided his workmate's gaze, "Good, then he won't come back."

 

"You're an ." Jaehyo said and stood up, walking away.

 

Taeil looked down at the ground, 'What does that idiot know?'. He regretted so much that he had agreed to take Jaehyo's shift that day, because if he hadn't, then he never would had met this guy. He never took compliments as a good thing, and when someone said they liked him, it was even worse. It was like a big joke to make fun of him and Taeil hated it.

 

The only thing Taeil wanted was to be left alone, and live alone in darkness, because that was what he was used to do.

 

He stood up again, but stumbled backwards as he saw Jihoon standing right in front of him, staring down at him from his tall figure.

 

'Was he always this tall?!'

 

"I know I've been kind of stalker-ish and I'm sorry that I offended you," the boy said quietly, "Also yes, I do like you, and I'm sorry if that offended you too."

 

Taeil could only stare at the other.

 

"I'm sorry that I made you mad again," he bowed his head, "And I'm sorry that I had to apologize again," he mearly whispered, then turned to finally leave the café.

 

Taeil looked after him, pulling his fingers through his hair. Guilt. He actually felt quilty. Even though he wanted him to leave and never come back, he felt that maybe he should've handled this better.

 

"Like I said, good job..." Jaehyo said sarcasticly as he walked by.

 

 


- - -

 

 


"Come on, what's the problem? We need to finish this before the representation tomorrow!" Jiho whined, slapping Jihoon on the shoulder.

 

"Your boyfriend weren't at work today or what?" Kyung asked, sitting down beside Jihoon on the big cream-white sofa in Jiho's room.

 

"He was there," Jihoon answered, looking down at his untouched papers.

 

"Then what? Did he dump you or something?"

 

Jihoon pouted, "It's not like we were a couple in the first place."

 

"So he did dump you?" Kyung exclaimed.

 

Jihoon didn't bother answering.

 

Jiho sat down as well, resting a bit before continuing the new song the three was composing for their music class. "He turned you down?"

 

Jihoon groaned, "He's not gay."

 

The two friends looked at him.

 

Kyung was the first to speak, "What really? He totally had the gayvibe though."

 

"Do you understand how much I've embarrassed myself in front of him now?! I bet he ing hates me for real!!" Jihoon complained loudly. "You said he was gay! You told me that he was ing gay!" he pointed accusingly at Kyung.

 

Kyung shook his shoulders, "Well, it looked like he was...so-"

 

"I thought you knew! Not just assumed you knew!"

 

"Hey, don't be mad at him." Jiho said.

 

Jihoon gave him a stare, "I started to have feelings for this guy! He's the cutest guy on earth, I've even been thinking about what we could do as a first date for weeks now!"

 

Kyung sighed, "I know and I'm sorry, ok? Just forget about him then and find another cute one."

 

"Are you serious?" Jihoon snorted, "When you had that crush on our vocal teacher and then found out she was engaged, you didn't forget about her and kept complaining about it for one year!"

 

Jiho laughed, "He's right."

 

"Whatever," Kyung muttered, then walked over to the computer to continue his work.

 

Jiho leaned forward to the younger, "I'm sorry that he was straight, Jihoon-ah. But maybe you can talk to him about it?"

 

"No, he told me to leave him alone, and probably never wants me to come back."

 

"Ouch, was he that harsh?"

 

Jihoon nodded, "So yeah, I just apologized and left."

 

"That man," Jiho patted his younger friend on the head, smiling at the pouting boy.

 

"Why did he wait that long to say that though?" Jihoon sighed, "I mean, if he hated me that much, why didn't he tell me before?"

 

"He's shy remember," Kyung said from the computer, "We all noticed that the first time we met him."

 

Jiho agreed, "Yeah, he didn't even talk."

 

Now Jihoon just felt bad. He knew how stalker-ish he could be when he found someone he liked, and now he realized how much pressure that probably had been for someone who didn't like him back. Usually the ones he flirted with always liked him back, so this was something, well, kind of new to him.

 

More importantly, he had never fallen for a straight guy before.

 

"Just imagine him all scared because we talked to him!" Kyung laughed, "Poor little boy, probably never talks to anyone."

 

Jiho laughed along with him, and Jihoon collapsed face down on the sofa, banging his head,

 

"I'm an idiot!"




----------------

A/N: I'm sorry for the long wait >< Hope you're not too angry~ ;) ♥