Chapter 21

Left behind

Taeil patted the head of his favorite Sarang, the pretty jindo dog from the shelter as he sat on the couch, watching the rain pour down outside his window. He sometimes brought the older dogs inside his apartment, both for his own company but also to give them some time for their own, keeping them warm in a calm place. Sarang was a quiet dog, who liked cuddling more than playing, and who loved Taeil as much as he loved her. Even though he already saw her as his dog, he'd promised to buy her as soon as he got a bigger place with a garden.

 

He heard his phone beeping from the bedroom, and he bent down to kiss Sarang's head before standing up to get the phone - it was from Jaehyo.

 

Don't you think I'm friend enough to you to meet your boyfriend?
I want to have my own impression of him, along with his friends.
Meet up soon? Party? Movie?

 

"Seriously," Taeil murmured and threw the phone back on the bed without replying.

 

Just as he turned around to leave there was another beep, this time from Yukwon;

Jihoon didn't want me to tell you, but I think you should know since he's coming with pizza & flowers in about 10 minutes because he just left Minhyuk's house.
I don't like surprises and I know you don't either, so be prepared hyung

 

Taeil stared at his phone and groaned, "ing flowers?!"

 

Jihoon was a hidden romanticer, which Taeil didn't appreciate at all. Romantic things was the most awkward in Taeil's opinion, it made him feel uncomfortable in every possible way. That's why he hated those moments when Jihoon brought him things or asked for a dinner out, because he didn't know how to react and couldn't give anything in return. At least he hadn't poured champagne in expensive glasses, thrown red roses in the bathtub and asked him to join yet. If that would happened, he was sure he would drown Jihoon in pure protection from the romance.

 

Sarang came to him and tilted her head, if asking what was wrong, and Taeil hunched down so he was the same height.

 

"Giving flowers to other boys?" he said to the dog, "Do people actually do that?"

 

The dog blinked and Taeil sighed, "Let's get you back to the shelter before he comes, honey."

 

-

 

He'd just come back to his apartment again when Jihoon knocked on the door.

 

"Hello!" Jihoon shined when he stepped through the doorway, "This is for you!" he added and revealed the bouquet of red and white roses.

 

Taeil stared at the flowers, "Um,"

 

"Don't look afraid, they're not dangerous," Jihoon laughed, "Also you're supposed to take them,"

 

Taeil reluctantly took the flowers from Jihoon's hand and smelled them, "They smell nice."

 

"Of course they do, they're roses," Jihoon said and bent down to kiss his cheek, "And I hope you're hungry." He flashed the pizzaboxes he'd put on the ground behind him.

 

"I am!"

 

Taeil went to get plates and glasses and they started to eat the pizzas with delight.

 

"Why the flowers though?" Taeil asked as he took another piece.

 

Jihoon shrugged, "I just felt like it,"

 

"I've never gotten any flowers before,"

 

"I know,"

 

Taeil raised an eyebrow, and Jihoon smiled.

 

-

 

"Want one?" the younger asked, taking up mints from his pocket, "Take one, I don't like pizza-flavoured kisses,"

 

Taeil snorted and took one, "You're being kind of straightforward,"

 

Jihoon winked, "Don't you like it?"

 

Taeil opened his mouth to answer but Jihoon leaned in close, noses touching, "You look nice today," he said, "I like you in t-shirts,"

 

Taeil felt the heat traveling up to his cheeks and he squirmed away.

 

But Jihoon grabbed him and held him steady, leaning in to kiss him. He lift up Taeil with ease, holding him against him and Taeil hugged his legs around the taller to keep himself from falling down. He giggled as Jihoon walked to the bedroom and sat down on the well-made bed, Taeil in his lap.

 

Their noses touched lovingly and Jihoon closed the space to meet Taeil's lips. He spent no time trying to take things slowly as he slid his hands inside Taeil's t-shirt, caressing his stomach and brushing his fingers over the smallers sensitive s.

 

Taeil let out a strangled moan as the younger bit down on his lip hard. He was pushed down and Jihoon worked fast on getting both of their clothes off. Taeil could swear he heard some fabric tore when Jihoon pulled his own shirt off and his heart tighten. He'd said he was ready, and he knew what Jihoon wanted. He felt his pants getting pulled down and thrown away and Jihoon lowered himself down on him once again.

 

Jihoon seemed so rushed, so impatient and it made Taeil nervous, "J-jihoon?"

 

The younger didn't answer and leaned down to kiss him instead. Taeil closed his eyes, but didn't really kiss the other back. This wasn't what he wanted. He turned his head away from the kiss and pushed Jihoon away, sitting up on the bed. Jihoon was panting and looked at Taeil with confused eyes.

 

"Taeil?"

 

He sighed, "Not like this Jihoon-ah,"

 

"W-what? Is something wrong?"

 

Taeil turned away from Jihoon, "This is not how I want it to be. You're too eager,"

 

Jihoon looked down and bit his lip, "I'm sorry,"

 

Taeil reached for his t-shirt on the floor, and put it back on, "I can't do it like that,"

 

Jihoon crawled behind Taeil and hugged him, resting his head against Taeil's nape, "I know, I'm sorry."

 

Taeil couldn't help but smile and took Jihoon's hand in his own.

 

Jihoon kissed his cheek, "It's just you,"

 

"Me?" Taeil asked.

 

"I can't help myself but wanting to touch you," he hugged him closer, making patterns on Taeil's stomach with his long fingers, "You're so beautiful today,"

 

Taeil snorted, "That's a first."

 

Jihoon huffed and turned Taeil around in his arms. Taeil snuggled closer, giving Jihoon a small peck.

 

Jihoon smiled, "I really love your eyes,"

 

"Ok, please stop with the compliments now," Taeil said, "It's uncomfortable."

 

"No! I love it! Your smile, your hands, your legs, you stomach..." Jihoon teased, tracing every bodypart he listed.

 

"Stop!!" Taeil laughed out loud, trying to cover himself.