Chapter 18

Left behind

Hi♥ 

In this chapter there's a few guest appearances!
I wanted it to be people I know are close to the boys irl and I used their real names;
Minho (aka Mino from Winner)
Choi Taejoon (actor)
Shin Hyoseob (aka Crush - r&b/hiphop artist)
Minsoo (aka C.A.P from Teen Top)

Explanation of the drinking game they're about to play:
King game: You get a bunch of sticks, or anything similar, and put them in a jar/glass.
Write numbers on all of them except for one where you write 왕 (king).
Everyone draw one stick each and whoever gets the King-stick get the power to choose two random numbers and tell them what they have to do. It can be anything you want!

 


------------------------------

They were already kind of intoxicated by the time they arrived to Kyung's villa, giggling like two teenage girls as they knocked on the door.

 

Kyung stumbled out from the door, just as intoxicated as they were. "Heeeey!"

 

"Hyung!" Jihoon beamed and hugged the host for the evening.

 

"You're late! What were you doing?" he asked with a wink.

 

"Shut up," Taeil muttered and went past him through the door.

 

"The other's are already here," Kyung said and waited for the couple to take off their shoes and jackets, leading them into the common room of the house.

 

"Is Minho here??" Jihoon asked.

 

Taeil raised an eyebrow, noticing Jihoon's excitement.

 

"Of course he is!" Kyung chuckled as Jihoon's smile grew bigger.

 

"Minho!!" Jihoon squealed as they reached the group of guests.

 

It was a lot of people. Excluding the ones he'd already met, it was four new faces. Taeil swallowed, eyeing the smiling guys in front of him. He watched one of them laughing into a bear-hug with Jihoon and he made a face at the scene.

 

Taeil was about to shy away when he felt Kyung taking his arm, dragged him down to sit on the floor beside Yukwon, "You know us, sit here!"

 

Yukwon noticed the look on Taeil face right away and snorted.

 

"Jealous much?"

 

Taeil gave him a glare, "No!"

 

"Haha!" he patted his head, "Don't worry, Minho is his best friend and nothing else."

 

"Really? I thought Jiho was his best friend or something."

 

"We're all kind of best friends," Yukwon explained, "But Minho is on the number one spot."

 

Taeil nodded in understandment, "Oh I see."

 

"Taeil~" Jihoon crawled up to him, grabbing his waist to turn him around.

 

Taeil jumped in surprise, "You startled me,"

 

Jihoon giggled, "Taeil, this is Minho! Minho, this is my boyfriend Taeil."

 

Taeil stared up at Jihoon in surprise, how could he say that so easy?

 

"Oh!" Minho exclaimed, "I thought it would be you!" he took Taeil's hand, introducing himself, "You're just his type."

 

Taeil smiled uncomfortably.

 

"He's so cute!" Minho laughed and smiled back at him, earning a slap from Jihoon.

 

"Shut up. Mine!"

 

The other boys in the room laughed at them, and a boy with a soft face reached forward to offer Taeil a bottle of soju, "Drink this," he said, "Nice to meet you by the way, I'm Hyoseob."

 

Taeil greeted the boy.

 

"And I'm Taejoon," the guy beside Hyoseob said, reaching forward to shake Taeil's hand as well. "Take care of Jihoon, ok?" he smirked, "And drink a lot tonight!"

 

Taeil only smiled back awkwardly yet again, agreeing to what was said and opened his bottle. He was just about to pour it into a glas, when a full sleeved tattoed arm took it from his hand,

 

"I'll pour it up for you," the tattooed unknowned boy said, "Kyung and Jihoon said you're older than me and that I should treat you well."

 

Taeil eyed the boy. He was tall nearly just as tall as Jihoon, and had striking features, "Okey?"

 

The tall boy smiled, "The younger should pour the elders drinks," he poured soju into the shot-glas and offered it to Taeil, "My name is Minsoo! Treat me well too, hyung."

 

 

Taeil sat in silence as everyone talked with each other and kept on drinking to avoid any kind of conversation - which Jihoon noticed pretty quickly.

 

"Hey," he said nudging his shoulder, "Are you ok?"

 

"Did you tell everyone about us?"

 

Jihoon hesitated for a while, "Shouldn't I?"

 

"I don't know?" Taeil sighed, "But maybe you shouldn't tell the world without asking me first, especially to those I don't even know."

 

Jihoon looked hurt and Taeil couldn't help but feel guilty.

 

"Calm down," it was Minhyuk, scooting closer to the two, "They're all ok with me and Yukwon so they're ok with you as well."

 

Taeil looked away, "I didn't mean it like that..."

 

"Of course we're ok with it!" Minho spoke up, "We have nothing against gay people!"

 

Gay people. That word still made Taeil's heart ache with doubt. He wasn't gay. He didn't think of himself as a gay person. Doing this with Jihoon didn't mean he was 100% gay. He had liked girls ever since he was young, Jihoon was the first guy.

 

"Jihoon," Taeil said, "Can you show me to the bathroom?"

 

The younger looked at him with a look Taeil couldn't read, "Ok."

 

They left the room and the others started on a drinking game, speaking in loud voices.

 

As they reached the end of a small corridor Jihoon stopped, "Here it is," he said as he eyed the shorter carefully.

 

Taeil didn't move, "Jihoon," he started, "Did you tell them that I'm gay? That we're a gay couple?"

 

Jihoon shifted uncomfortably under Taeil's gaze.

 

"When I'm happy, things like that just sort of slip out.. without me really noticing,"

 

Taeil sighed in annoyance, "I don't like people knowing!" he hissed, "And I'm not gay! I never thought about guys in that way before I met you."

 

Jihoon walked closer to him, "I never said anything about you being gay to them,"

 

"But obviously they think so?! I HATE that label and I hate having no privacy, you know that Jihoon. Why couldn't you just introduce me like your new friend or something? We've not even seen each other for that long?"

 

"I know!" Jihoon raised his voice, "I know, Taeil! Sorry that I wanted people to know about the guy I've fallen in love with?! I know you've never been with a guy before me, but for how long are you going to hide everything about us? Aren't you happy as well? Why does it only seem like you're ashamed of everything all the time? Ashamed of me?"

 

Taeil glared at the other, "Do you think this is easy?"

 

Jihoon inhaled harshly, looking at the other with pleading eyes.

 

"It's everything but easy!" Taeil continued, "I'm still not sure if I can do this! Sure, you make me calm and secure, but this, getting all out in public, will never ever happen Jihoon."

 

Taeil saw the tears build up in the younger's eyes and tried to ignore it, "I don't feel ok around these people, I don't ing know them. And you hurt me by telling them about us, whatever it is we have," he threw his hands around, gesticulating furiously.

 

Jihoon eyes was locked with Taeil's, face tense. He opened his mouth to speak in a silent voice,

 

"Then what do you want?" he asked, "Maybe it's best for you if we stop this, whatever it is we're doing," he quoted, "You never wanted this from the beginning, did you? I know you only kiss and touch me whenever you feel sad and angry, which is - in a way - a tool to use me, just like you said. I didn't feel bothered by it since I like you so much, but if that's the only thing you want from me, without the real feelings there, then we should stop and say goodbye to each other now."

 

"What?" Taeil's heart had gone from racing hot in anger to ice cold in pain.

 

"I'm sorry for dragging you into this Taeil." Jihoon finished, this time unable to hide the hurt as hot tears spilled over.

 

Taeil felt lightheaded, "No..no..no no, Jihoon that's not," he stepped closer to the other, "I don't want us to break up, I ju-"

 

"Break up?" Jihoon hissed, "You just preached about us not even being in a relationship!"

 

Taeil's vision was getting blurry, "No! Jihoon it's.. it's just that I don't kno-"

 

"Are you even in love with me?"

 

It felt as if all the air was taken out of his lungs as he heard the question. Love. The word that scared him the most. Feelings, he'd always ignored them, pushing them away to protect himself. He liked Jihoon, but did he love him? He opened his mouth, trembling and spoke;

 

"I-I don't k-know,"

 

"Do you know anything?" Jihoon said under his breath, clearly defeated.

 

Pain. Rejection. It was all coming again.

 

Jihoon took a deep breath, charging up his energy to turn and leave.

 

"No, please. Jihoon-" Taeil grabbed the taller's arm.

 

"What?!" Jihoon screamed, startling both himself and Taeil.

 

The pain in Jihoon's eyes got to him,

 

"Don't.. go,"

Jihoon gently removed his wrist from Taeil's hand before he continued walking down the corridor.

 

"Please!" Taeil shouted, voice cracking, "P-please...oh my god" he couldn't stand straight, the pain in his chest was becoming too much, too painful, "Don't leave me alone,"

 

Jihoon stopped, looking back at him.

 

"Everyone abandoned me! I've always been alone!" the older shouted as he sank down on the floor, "I can't take this," he sniffed and brought his knees to his chest.

 

Jihoon swallowed as he approached him.

 

"I'm afraid," the older whispered, "Of everything."

 

Jihoon dried the tears away from his cheeks with the sleeve of his shirt and kneeled down in front of the other.

 

"I never meant to hurt you," Taeil continued in a pained, hushed voice, "I just can't handle myself,"

 

Taeil brought his head up to meet Jihoon's eyes, "Love is a very big word to me," he sighed, "I've never dared to use it, think about it, yet again say it. So I really do not know," he paused, "But I do like you... or else I wouldn't have done those things with you."

 

Jihoon run his hands through his hair, he didn't say anything as he pulled Taeil into a hug.

 

"I'm sorry for hurting you," Taeil mumbled into Jihoon's shirt.

 

Jihoon smiled against his head, "And I'm sorry for exposing you,"

 

Taeil sniffed and snuggled against the younger's chest.

 

"You need to fix that temper of yours,"

 

"No I don't."

 

 

~ ~

 

 

"Ok, take one of the sticks," Minhyuk said and placed the jar holding 10 wooden chopsticks in the middle of their circle. Surrounding the jar was also 6 different bowls filled with beer, wine and soju.

 

They all bent forward to grab a stick and hid it from each other.

 

"Who's the king?" Jiho shouted with a large smile, and Taejoon rose his hand.

 

"I'm the king!!"

 

He smirked as he eyed everyone, "Number 3 and 7!"

 

Curses were heard from Yukwon and Kyung as their showed their numbers.

 

Taejoon laughed, "Ok! Who in this room would you like to have with? Answer or drink one bowl of wine!" everyone, excluding Yukwon, Kyung and Minhyuk laughed loudly.

 

"Except for Minhyuk?" Yukwon asked, hoping he would be included.

 

"Well, of course? It wouldn't be fun if you choosed your boyfriend." Taejoon huffed, "Drink or talk."

 

Kyung, being pretty tipsy, pointed to his left, "I choose Jiho!"

 

Whistles and cheers were heard, and Taejoon clapped his hands proudly.

 

"Why me?!" Jiho exclaimed and punched Kyung's shoulder.

 

"Because we're best friends?" Kyung winked, "And... You have a nice body,"

 

"You little ..." Jiho muttered and glared at his friend.

 

Taeil was laughing along as well, Jihoon sitting beside him trying to catch his breath.

 

"Have you decided yet Yukwon?" Minho nudged the silent boy.

 

Minhyuk was giving everyone death-glares as Yukwon thought about it hard.

 

"Um, maybe.. um, maybe Minsoo?"

 

The tall boy screamed in victory and threw himself in Yukwon's embrace.

 

"Get off him, idiot." Minhyuk cursed and pushed the younger boy off his boyfriend.

 

"Hahaha, no need to be jealous babe," Yukwon flashed his best smile and gave his boyfriend a kiss.

 

They gathered the sticks together again, mixing them, each grabbing a new one.

 

"I'm the king!" Jihoon howled, "Number 1 and 10!"

 

"For s sake, why is it always me?!" Kyung swore and smacked his stick on the floor.

 

Jiho swore as well as he showed the rest his stick, clearly marked with a big black '10'.

 

The crowd cheered as Minho leaned forward to whisper something in Jihoon's ear. Jihoon burst into laughter and nodded, smirking like the devil himself.

 

"Share a ten second long kiss or drink!"

 

Screams of joy exploded and Jiho stood up, "NO!! NEVER!"

 

"Then down one of the bowls of soju!" Minho laughed.

 

Kyung had his head in his hands, "If I drink that I will die! I'm not kidding."

 

"Kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss!!"

 

" this, seriously," Jiho groaned, defeated, sitting down beside Kyung, "Don't give me that look, you greasy and close your eyes."

 

"As you wish sir," Kyung chuckled and closed his eyes.

 

Yukwon, Jihoon, Taejoon and Hyoseob all took their phones up, pressing play to get every little detail on video as Jiho leaned closer and kissed Kyung full on the lips.

 

Minho started the countdown amongst the cheering,

 

"1... 2... 3...4..."

 

"Wow, they look good together," Minsoo said and got a nice middle finger shown to his face from Jiho.

 

"5... 6..."

 

Kyung smirked and opened his mouth a little, making Jiho release a disgusted groan of protest and Taeil leaned onto Yukwon, laughing hysterically.

 

"7... 8..."

 

"Couple of the year!" Hyoseob joked as well.

 

"9... 10!"

 

At the last second, Kyung pulled his tongue out and gave a good on Jiho's lips.

 

"AAAAAH YOU!!!" Jiho screamed and shoved his friend away from him.

 

Kyung laughed proudly and high fived everyone.

 

5 minutes later the laughter had died out and they continued the game. This time Kyung was the king, much to his own happiness and choosed number 5 and 6 - which turned out to be Jihoon and Minho.

 

"Ok, now, let's continue the kissing!" he said, "Kiss or drink!"

 

The boys laughed as the friends leaned in without hesitation, placing a wet kiss on each other's mouths.

 

Taeil pouted, "You seem to like it," he muttered.

 

Jihoon giggled, enjoying Taeil's jealousy, "You're the better kisser,"

 

"Yah!" Minho slapped Jihoon's thigh, "How do you know? We've never kissed properly!"

 

"And you never will!!" Taeil shouted and new fits of laughter broke out.