Chapter 12

Left behind

Jiho looked after Yukwon in surprise. It was painfully quiet in the kitchen after the three boys had left, mood undoubtedly gotten switched down to zero.

 

Jiho groaned, "What did I do wrong?!"

 

Minhyuk sighed, "Well, surprisingly enough, what you said about Jihoonie and Taeil seemed to be true,"

 

"Of course it's true! That's why I said it!"

 

"Then don't you understand that maaaybe they didn't want all of us to know?"

 

"Why should that matter?" Jiho spat, defending himself.

 

Minhyuk shrugged, "I don't know, I won't bother."

 

"Taeil seemed angry though," Kyung cut in, "and Jihoon got full blown panicky."

 

"Still don't see why it would matter," Jiho muttered and filled his mouth with the last of his share of bibimbap.

 

Kyung and Minhyuk looked at him, before sharing a look and turned to finish their food as well. Minhyuk felt guilty, he had been laughing along the others before his boyfriend suddenly stood up against them, putting him in place to realize the situation. Now he was only left with thoughts about how he himself had been feeling before he had accepted everything. That was pretty much what Taeil was trying to do right now, building up acceptance and he had just laughed at him. When he heard the raised voices from upstairs, the guilt grew even stronger.

 

He looked at the other two and saw them doing their best to hear what was said from upstairs. Minhyuk silently cursed at Yukwon's parents for having such good isolation overall in the whole house, all because Yukwon had a habit of dancing to loud music during the late hours. They sat there in silence for a good time, before they heard footsteps and Jihoon appeared in the doorway.

 

"Hyung," he said, slighty breathy, and looked at Jiho, "Can I talk to you?"

 

"Um, sure..." Jiho answered.

 

"What happened?" Kyung asked, seeing the younger's slightly red and puffy eyes.

 

Jihoon ignored the other, keeping his gaze locked at Jiho,
"Hyung, why did you say that?"

 

Jiho looked back at his friend, "Say what? I still don't understand what I did wrong."

 

"You made fun of us, of him."

 

Jiho snorted, "How is that called making fun of?"

 

"You all laughed at him!" Jihoon raised his voice.

 

All three looked at him, the younger didn't usually get mad, nor did he raise his voice and argue back, especially not against Jiho.

 

"He's not like us, hyung. Don't make fun of him, don't curse at him. He's fragile."

 

Jiho looked at the younger with a serious expression, "He's not a ing child, Jihoon. If he can't take a small damn joke then he's seriously-"

 

"Shut up! He's not-"

 

Jiho stood up, "Don't you ing dare talking to me like that!"

 

"But you don't understand! You don't know what he's been going through! Just because you've been having a good life, and can take a lot of jokes and obstacles, doesn't mean everyone can!"

 

"What the ?" Jiho was stunned by the younger.

 

"Calm down, Jihoon." Kyung said, walking up to Jihoon's side.

 

"No, I won't! Taeil hates you all right now, especially you!" he growled, pointing at Jiho, "And I don't like that."

 

Jiho sighed, rolling his eyes, "Then just dump him."

 

Jihoon looked at him in pure disappointment, "You know what? I thought you would understand this time, hyung. I know my other crushes have been kind of going off and on, but this time it's different."

 

Jihoon paused to take a breath, glaring at the elder, "But you just keep joking around with people's feelings all the time! I never thought that in the end it would only be Yukwon who understood, who actually wanted to understand."

 

"I do understand, Jihoon!" Jiho snapped back irritatedly, "You like the guy, you want to him, what else should I understand?!"

 

"FEELINGS! You should understand feelings!!" Jihoon shouted.

 

Kyung and Minhyuk watched the discussion in mixed shock with awe, none of them daring to cut in nor say anything.

 

Jihoon continued, "Real ing feelings that you feel from the heart!"

 

Jiho glared at him, but stayed silent.

 

"You've never been in love have you?" Jihoon accused, "It's just like Taeil said, isn't it? You only care about and hot bodies! You never go deeper and try to get to know any of their personalities. It's only, and will only ever be, physical if you continue like this, and you know it."

 

Jiho chuckled, "No it's no-"

 

"Don't deny it," Jihoon spat, "I'm in love right now, hyung! And the fact that he's so broken, so unlike me, just makes my heart feel for him even more! I don't want to end up like you, I want someone to protect, someone I can feel with all my damn senses!"

 

Jiho sighed, waving him off, "Whatever,"

 

Jihoon let out an exhausted laugh, "Yes, fine, whatever..." he held up his arms in defeat, "I was just hoping you would try to understand. Sorry for assuming you wanted to."

 

"Don't make me into a bad guy here!" Jiho countered, "I clearly care about you because I was the one dragging that Taeil boy here in the first place!"

 

"Even though I told you not to!" Jihoon fought back.

 

"Why the are you so angry?! I made you a damn favour! I made you get into his pants! You should be ing happy about this!"

 

Jiho was so confused with everything and Jihoon face turned red from anger.

 

"WE DIDN'T HAVE !!" Jihoon slammed his fist into the table, making Kyung jump and spill his water all over it, cursing silently. "I wasn't happy about it, because I knew how much this would tear on him! Haven't you noticed how afraid and shy he is?! Yukwon noticed! Why didn't you?!"

 

Jiho gave him an ignorant smile, looking at the younger in despise, yet let him continue,

 

"Just... Don't meddle into anything regarding me and Taeil anymore. I won't this up, and I'm certainly not letting you it up."

 

"Watch your tone."

 

Jihoon sighed once again, "Hyung, please promise me you won't do anything? I'm begging you."

 

"Whatever, I won't. Happy?"

 

"Yes," Jihoon answered, "Thank you." he turned around before any answers or questions could be asked, and walked upstairs once again.

 

The silence in the kitchen hung even heavier then before, and Jiho was breathing harshly, trying to calm himself down.

 

Kyung and Minhyuk looked at each other, eyes reading 'what just happened' and 'what are we supposed to do now'. Kyung glances over at Jiho, then back at Minhyuk who shook his shoulders as in 'I don't know what to say to him'. The silence just made the situation worse by every second, so Kyung forced himself to at least say something.

 

"Jiho?"

 

"..."

 

Kyung looked back at the other by the table, eyes pleading for support or ideas, but was given a half-hearted shrug.

 

Sighing, Kyung opened his mouth again, "Jiho... Jihoon's just a little worked up right now, I don't think he-"

 

"Shut up Kyung."

 

Kyung shut his mouth and Minhyuk sighed, putting his metal chopsticks down, "No need to be angry when you know he was right,"

 

"Shut the up Minhyuk!! You're just as much of an as I am right now, don't come here playing so damn innocent."

 

Minhyuk rolled his eyes, "Honestly, if I had heard them do anything I wouldn't say anyting because Yukwon told me to be nice and calm around this new guy."

 

Jiho clicked his tongue, "So you guys think it's all my fault too?"

 

Kyung immediately shook his head at this, but Minhyuk shrugged his shoulders once again, "I'm just saying you should've read the atmosphere. Have you already forgotten how it was when Yukwon and I started our relationship?"

 

"It's not the same."

 

"It is really," Minhyuk said, "It was a difficult time for us, and all you did was laughing about it in the beginning as well. Not really understa-"

 

"Why is everyone saying I don't understand?!"

 

"Maybe because you don't?" Minhyuk set straight, "Just because you've never been in love, just like Jihoon said."

 

Jiho groaned, "Don't you start with this too!"

 

Kyung looked between both of them, unsure what to do.

 

Without a word, Jiho walked out of the kitchen and the front door was slammed behind him soon after.

 

"I'll go after him..." Kyung said and left too.

 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

 

Taeil felt Jihoon leave his side to head for the door, "I'm going to talk to Jiho-hyung..." he said, voice low.

 

Taeil looked at him, then at Yukwon who still stood in the doorway, watching the pair with concerned eyes. Jihoon walked down the stairs while Yukwon moved into the room, closing the door behind him.

 

"How are you feeling?" he said carefully, sitting down on the floor in front of the older.

 

Taeil shrugged, even though he thought Yukwon was a nice guy he didn't really have the urge to open up to him.

 

Yukwon seemed to notice it as well, "I understand that this is pretty hard for you?"

 

Taeil nodded.

 

Yukwon smiled, "You've never been with a guy before?"

 

"We didn't have ." Taeil stated.

 

"I didn't say that," Yukwon answered quickly, "I meant been with a guy as in 'a relationship'."

 

Taeil looked at the floor, shaking his head.

 

"Want to know something?" Yukwon asked, searching for Taeil's eyes, "Minhyuk and I getting together wasn't a dance on roses, quite the opposite really."

 

Taeil looked up to the other, waiting for him to continue.

 

"I knew ever since a young age that I wasn't quite like my other friends when it came to girls. When we were getting into puberty, everyone was talking about girls, s, and all that.. but I wasn't really interested. Some years later during summer, when I had my first part-time job, I met a guy the same age as me and I started to feel all funny."

 

Yukwon smiled at the memory, "I thought he was really handsome and I always smiled like an idiot everytime he was around. After a week or something we started to take regular walks in the park after work, and sort of started to open up to each other. And this feeling I had grew bigger, and I found myself getting way too excited every day before work."

 

Taeil smiled at the other, he recognized that feeling.

 

"When I found out I actually was in love with him though, came one night when we sat on a bench in the park, and I got my first kiss. I was so shocked!" he laughed, "We both were kind of freaked out by the whole thing though, but the curiosity made me go to his house for a sleep-over the weekend after and we just started to explore."

 

He paused and looked at Taeil, "And it felt right, like I'd found myself or something in that direction. That's how I knew I liked boys, that I was gay. We didn't become an official couple though," Yukwon continued, "After the summer ended we decided to end things just as friends and a few months later we kind of lost contact completely."

 

"Weren't you sad?" Taeil spoke up, "You said you were in love with him."

 

"I was sad," Yukwon confessed, "But not too sad for me to handle, I moved on pretty quickly since we had only knowned each other for two months. Also one year after that I met Minhyuk."

 

Taeil sat up more straight, 'Didn't they say it was a bad beginning between those two?'
"How did it start with Minhyuk?" he asked.

 

"Really bad," Yukwon laughed once again, "He had a girlfriend when we first met, and I wasn't the happiest person when I realized I felt something for him. I tried hard to ignore it, but that was easier said than done, since we have the same friends, went to the same classes and spent hours together every day."

 

Taeil eyed him with a sad expression, "The others said Minhyuk was angry when you started to get closer?"

 

"He was," Yukwon sighed, "I'm not really good at hiding my emotions and in the end Minhyuk figured out that I felt something for him. It resulted in him starting to ignore me, getting more and more irritated at everything and everyone with each passing day. Then later at a random party I lost it, dragging him into a room screaming that I was in love with him, and stupid drunk me kissed him. I felt him kiss me back just before he pulled away and started to hit me pretty badly."

 

"W-what?!" Taeil gaped, shocked.

 

Yukwon flashed him a smile, "It hurted as hell and I sat there crying for a whole hour. After that we started hating on each other, and it wasn't until 2 months later when he finally came to me to apologize for what he'd done. Then we kind of started to hang out again and I was surprised at how nice he was being to me, even when we were alone."

 

"But something went wrong again?" Taeil said, noticing a slight change of tone.

 

"Yes. After a few weeks when I was at his place he kissed me, in the middle of a conversation, just like that." Yukwon answered, "I remember how my heart was about to burst open by happiness, because I still had strong feelings for him. Of course I kissed him back and he dragged me down on the couch. He was forceful, but I decided not to care since it was finally happening, you know. But as soon as it started he stopped and screamed at me to leave, and once again I was a crying mess."

 

Taeil felt sorry for him, but Yukwon opening up about his own experiences made Taeil feel a more calm approach to his own.

 

"But tables turned pretty quickly when Jihoon joined us and yelled at Minhyuk for being a stupid at his first party with us," Yukwon giggled, "After that Minhyuk got the courage to accept his own feelings and broke up with his devastated girlfriend We started dating soon after that, but took it very slowly."

 

"When did you, you know, try to go further?" Taeil asked.

 

"First hand-job a month after, first blow-job not that long after that," Yukwon counted on his hands. Taeil getting surprised by how blunt he was about it.

 

"And," the younger continued, "Our first time having wasn't until five months later. Minhyuk felt kind of disgusted by the thought of it, you know, but once we did it he wanted to do it again right away!" he laughed, "And you see how we are now."

 

Taeil smiled at him, "How long have you been together?"

 

"Two years in November," Yukwon smiled, "But my point is, nothing is easy in the beginning. I don't know what you've been going through, but if you really like Jihoon, accept it for your own good and try it out. He really is a good kid."

 

Taeil looked to the floor again, "I'm just... afraid,"

 

"Of course you're afraid! You're trying out something completely new, and I know how freaked out you can be. But you should know that Jihoon is serious about this."

 

He moved closer to the older, "I've seen Jihoon dating other guys, having his fun with them, but he's never been so into someone as he is in you." Yukwon stated, "And he, unlike some others in this house, really care about other people and is someone who loves to make people happy."

 

Taeil sighed, "Trusting in people isn't really my thing."

 

"Then just let it take it's time. I'm not saying you have to trust him and feel all comfortable around him right away. Take it slow and do what you feel is right."

 

"Yeah," Taeil nodded, "I guess..."

 

Yukwon smiled at him, he was still scared, still angry but Yukwon had made his senses come back, allowing him to think more clearly.

 

"One more thing though," Yukwon added, "Don't put all the blame on Jiho. I know he's kind of an sometimes, but he really doesn't mean any harm."

 

"You really are nice to everyone aren't you?"

 

The smiling boy giggled, "My mum taught me to always search for the good in every living creature, everything from humans to frogs."

 

Taeil laughed at that.

 

A few minutes later Jihoon came back and when their eyes met Taeil felt his body get warmer, his heartbeats getting more strong and he knew that yes, he had to try.




--------------------------

A/N: Little longer chapter than usual.. I think o.O
So yeah, more fights and discussions! Thank you all for reading!!♥