Good friends

Kosher

Changmin opened his eyes sitting up in a flash. He glanced around, it was dark. Something didn’t seem right; he pressed his hands against the substance he’d been sleeping on. Jumping off to face it he almost fell backwards over the coffee table. He'd been on Kyuhyun's couch.

“What the hell…?” And then it made perfect sense.

With the blood inside him boiling he gave a yell, “KYUHYUN!”


“Ah Changmin you aren’t in sleep mode anymore.” Kyuhyun walked in while doing up the buttons on the light green shirt he was wearing.
“You lied to me!” His fists were clenched. “I was meant to meet her and then you would tell me how to get home!”


“Did I?” Kyuhyun coyly glanced up at the ceiling. “Hmm, looks like it slipped my mind.”

“YOU ROTTEN LYING !” Changmin ran around the table grabbing Kyuhyun around the neck. “Tell me how to get back right now!”

“No.” A firm but unfortunately the answer Changmin didn’t want. This was shown through his wider eyes. “What are you saying?!”

“You aren’t going to leave until I leave.”

 

“And when is that going to happen?”

Kyuhyun thought for a moment, “in around four to five months.”

“I CANNOT WAIT THAT LONG?!”

“Why?” Changmin was posed with the question. “Got any particular assignments from the council? Or any vampires that you really want to try having a flat-line relationship with; pun intended.”

 

“Aish I pray that when our leader finds out about your behaviour he will decapitate your head with the thing that humans use to brush their teeth!”

 

“It’s called a toothbrush dear Changmin,” the dear was a sarcastic one. “It’s the first time you’ve ever been outside of our realm, why not do some sight seeing?”

“You really are infuriating,” Changmin retorted huffing melodramatically and folding his arms. “What exactly do you plan to do in that time?”

“To become closer to Joohyun,” Kyuhyun went to the fridge opening it and taking out a blood bag. “The first time I saw her I just spent two weeks observing her from afar. After that I introduced myself to her and became an acquaintance. Now I’m going to carefully but assuredly woo her and ask her for a date. After a week has passed with us returning I will stay for another four months and ask her to marry me.”

All Changmin could do was just laugh. “You’re ridiculous; you care more about your own needs than helping the clan. I never thought you would be that selfish Kyuhyun.” Kyuhyun stopped his drinking, his hand clenching the blood bag a bit too hard. It burst, spreading all over the kitchen bench, sink, the fridge door and the floor.

 

Changmin caught a whiff of it. “B negative, that’s such a waste.”

“For some reason their blood doesn’t taste that great to me.” Kyuhyun threw the bloodied bag into the sink, “I prefer ‘A’ positive but it’s expensive to get.”

“Why not ask Joohyun for some?” Changmin smirked. “Isn’t that what she is?” He suddenly met with Kyuhyun’s angry glare.
“Don’t ever insinuate such a thing ever again.”

 

“Ok,” Changmin agreed stretching his arms which had found were stiff. “So what exactly do you need me around for?”

“Company and well to show Joohyun that I do have friends,” Kyuhyun went to the cupboards underneath the sink and got out a cloth to wipe the mess up. “Since you hadn’t appeared until now she was going to suggest that I hang out with the teachers at Miyoungs’ school. I would be ruined if it came to that.”

 

“I suspect she was a teacher’s pet at school.”

 

“Indeed, we talked about academics last time we caught up. She is smart but doesn’t appear to hold any value to it. She didn’t say much about her school life only that it was pleasant and enjoyable. However I would suggest you get her to sing or play piano for her.” Kyuhyun dropped the cloth in the sink and ran the tap. “She’s got a gift, her voice is out of this world.”

“I’ll take your word for it.” Talk of Joohyun was beginning to annoy Changmin. It was as if there was nothing else in Kyuhyun’s head but her. “Are you going to see her today?” Kyuhyun shook his head.

“No, actually I have some news for you,” This brought some interest to his friend who’d been bored a minute ago. “Yunho called me.”

“He called you?” Changmin came to the kitchen in an instant. “W-what did he say?”

“The board meeting finished a few minutes ago. He’s going to be coming through to say hello since I told him you would be with me.”

“Well, what are we waiting for? Let’s go.” Changmin was more than eager to leave. Kyuhyun laughed, amused by what he saw.

“Since the sky is clouded it would be fine to meet him in the park.” Changmin nodded and had a sudden urge to sniff his shirt. “I need to wash, I smell.”

“Yeah we all smell like decaying flesh.” He just gave Kyuhyun a stare to say that that wasn’t funny in the slightest. “You may use the shower and also borrow some other clothes. We’re both the same size after all.”

“Thank you,” Changmin said as his friend led him to the bathroom.


~~~

 

Half an hour later the two were standing in the park waiting for Yunho’s arrival. Changmin had changed into a loose white shirt and blue jeans which were Kyuhyun’s. Unlike Kyuhyun who looked sickly pale in the blank shade, the white emphasized the red tone of his skin. The only concern he had was the v-neck which made him feel slightly exposed.


“Do humans really wear this sort of thing?” Changmin complained, tugging at the shirt. Kyuhyun tugged at the grey cardigan that he wore over top. “Just do the buttons up.”

“Kyuhyun, Changmin.” The two turned to see a familiar face coming down the path. A handsome member of their clan, his black hair was cut in bangs, dressed in dark jeans, black lace up boots and a black trench coat with the belt tied up. Up close he had small features but it only emphasized his appeal.


“Hyung,” Changmin almost bounded to over him, hugging the man.

“I never expected to see you in the human world,” Yunho ruffled Changmin’s hair. “Did Kyuhyun bring you?”

“Well… Sort of,” he didn’t know how to answer that without revealing Kyuhyun’s intentions. Yunho removed his arm off Changmin’s shoulder to go and shake hands with Kyuhyun. “How are you?”

“I’m fine hyung,” Kyuhyun said politely. “How was the meeting?”

“Boring,” they all laughed. “But at the same time we managed to cover a lot of ground.”

 

The three of them choose a place to stand. They picked the shade despite it already being cloudy. “Did all the members really appear this time?”  


“Yes that was the first time. Every single creature was there.”

“Wow even the angels? I thought they would be busy as usual.”

 

Yunho disagreed. “No, Michael showed up but it wasn’t long before he had to leave. The fairy which I saw last time was there.” While winking at Changmin he nudged him in the ribs. “Remember when we met with some a few years ago?”

Changmin didn’t deny it though he rolled his eyes. “Yes, bloody fickle they are.”


“You liked the attention.”

“Not really,” Yunho backed off after that. For a friend he had been close with for long time it didn’t stop him from being an insensitive .

“Sorry,” Kyuhyun apologised on behalf of him. “Changmin doesn’t seem to be interested in love.” Changmin nodded, not aware Kyuhyun had been slightly sarcastic.

Changmin patted Yunho on the back to try and cheer him up. “It’s nothing personal hyung. On the other hand you’re lucky that you haven’t been with us since yesterday—“

“Hey unnie isn’t that funny oppa?” He stopped, the sound of his new nickname startling him in an unsettling manner.

“Miyoung it’s rude to point.” And there was that other familiar voice.


Yunho smiled, looking at the two in amusement. “Do you know them?”

“I’ll explain later,” Changmin reluctantly admitted, Kyuhyun waving the two over. “Minnie, look how lovely she is today.”


“She’s lovely in just a shirt and shorts?”

“Oppa,” Miyoung hurried over, going past Kyuhyun to hug Changmin around the legs. Despite the deathly glare he shot his hyung Yunho covered a hand over his mouth to stifle a laugh.


“Miyoung-ah,” Joohyun was shaking her head with a smile. “I’m sorry Changmin,” she went to pry the kid off but Miyoung clung tighter like a monkey.
“Hyung,” Kyuhyun said to Yunho. “This is Joohyun and her little sister Miyoung.”

“How do you do Joohyun,” like a true gentleman Yunho greeted her.


Joohyun returned the greeting while pushing a strand of hair behind her ear. “Nice to meet you,” Changmin bent down and pulled Miyoung off holding her in the air. “Weeeeee,” she squealed.

Kyuhyun chuckled while his friend struggled. “She really likes you Changmin.”

“Hmm,” Changmin’s eyebrows came down, he put her down and she then went to hug Kyuhyun.

“Are you two out for a play?” Yunho started normal conversation. He had natural flow.

“We’re off to the shops,” Joohyun answered. “We should probably get going Miyoung.”

“Can’t I play with him?” She pointed directly at Changmin.

 

“Not today dear,” Joohyun patted her on the head. “Come along now, say goodbye.”

 

“Aww ok then; bye oppa, bye funny oppa,” Changmin flinched when she called him that again. Taking Joohyun’s hand the two girls walked off before they started to sing a children’s song.
 

~~~


Yunho and Kyuhyun caught a glance of Changmin’s face before they laughed.
“Ah she’s a charming young lady, Miyoung that is.”

“Indeed and so is Joohyun,” Kyuhyun added, with a breath filled smile. Yunho noticed this in an instant. “Ah so you are very much taken with her?”

“That’s a nice way of putting it.” Changmin added wanting to bully his friend for revenge. “Maybe he should tell you his grand plan.”


“Oh are you going to convert her?”

Kyuhyun nodded. “That’s the idea.”

“After he has sweet, sweet—“

Kyuhyun’s hand went out with lightning speed. In a swift move with all the fingers straight and together he hit the back of Changmin’s knees sending him down.
“No more,” he hissed.


Yunho placed a hand on Kyuhyun’s shoulders. “It’s alright Kyuhyun. In fact I think that she will be very suited for you.”

“You do?” The two asked at once and then eyed the other. Changmin got up, straightening his legs out before him with some cracking.


“Indeed, however there’s some news I need to share. I was meant to be on my way back to the clan, it’s rather vital Kangta hears.” The same aged friends looked at him straight in the eyes, fully prepared.

“Actually the meeting was to do with us.”

“What do you mean?”

“Some of the old members of our clan have been causing trouble.” His face was grave as he spoke. “Apparently they’ve been tormenting the other creatures in search for a cure.” Along with the speaker the other two found them feeling concerned.


“But there is no cure for it,” Yunho shook his head.


“There is, however it is hard to find and so as a result all the creatures have had lost one of their kind through… How do I say it? Through thoughtless food sampling.”

“It’s horrible,” Kyuhyun shivered, “those poor things; especially the pixies. They wouldn’t even be a snack for our kind. Who is it that is behind it?” With this Yunho struggled to answer. He turned away wiping a hand over his face before looking at them again.

“They gave me a description based off the sketch from a fawn… It’s our old friend Changmin. It’s him.”

Oh I wonder who this 'him' is?