Tears

Kosher

Yunho sped into the house straight to the laundry room. Picking up the nearest bucket he filled it almost to over flowing. He threw the water onto Changmin and there was a sizzling noise as steam rose from him.


Turning his head Yunho called to Jessica. “They need to be wet and cold quickly get some ice!” She hurried into the kitchen, going through drawers and doors but ended up with nothing until Yunho mentioned the fridge. Opening the door above Jessica found the freezer and took out the trays of ice.


She chucked the ice cubes on Kyuhyun. There was steam and then a sigh of relief. Yunho stood up hurrying into the laundry room again and grabbing another bucket full. Soon the two vampires were either wet or cold. Yunho turned around to see how Jessica was with Kyuhyun. “How does he feel now?”

Placing a hand on his forehead Jessica closed her eyes. She opened them and nodded. “He’s much cooler.”

“Good, he can come outside with Changmin. The sun’s set so they’ll be fine for the night.” Jessica stepped aside as Yunho grabbed Kyuhyun onto his back and took him outside. They laid both of the vampires on the grass.


“Leave them for a bit.” Yunho said to her. “They’re probably still in some pain.”


Jessica agreed. She had questions for him but didn’t want to ask them unless he was alright with them. Yunho kept watching them. “We aren’t able to remain in sunny environments for long periods. When we were human we could but this time it’s different. They’ve been here for nearly five months. If it had been six then it would have been… It would have been too late.”

Jessica’s mouth opened with shock. “So they have to go back to their home soon?”

 

“They’re fine for now but the moment the sun rises again they’ll be in pain.”

Jessica and Yunho both heard someone coming behind them. Jessica sounded a little suspicious when she saw it was her sister. “Krystal, why are you here?”

Her sister bowed her head. “Sorry to interrupt unnie, but the healing is complete. Seohyun is just sleeping.”

“Good,” Jessica gave her sister a smile. “You may have a rest. I won’t be long. What should we do?” She asked Yunho. “Your friends mean well… But with their conditions it may be risky keeping her here any longer.”

Yunho nodded reluctantly. She was right and he knew it inside. However it didn’t stop the empathy he felt to his friends for trying so hard to protect Seohyun. “You’re right. You should take her with you both tomorrow when she’s woken.”

“I will but not without her agreeing of course. And she will want to say goodbye.”

Yunho agreed with Jessica. Though he wondered how it would feel for those two. Things could get ugly if Kibum and his friend Song Joongki won. Their goodbye tomorrow could be the last.

~~~

Jessica and Krystal both slept while Yunho stayed in the living room. He turned his head to the side, making sure his friends were alright. They both lay where they had been place. It was a good thing that he knew they were still alive, even though they were technically dead.

There were creaks as someone slowly made their way down the stairs. Getting to his feet Yunho was astonished at who it was. “Seohyun… H-how are you?” Peering around he saw the clock which said it was about half past five. “Why don’t you go back to bed?”


 “I couldn’t sleep much longer.” She said simply. “One of my dreams scared me. Changmin and Kyuhyun they were both hurt and…” She suddenly got cut off and covered .

 

She went past Yunho to them in a hurry. “Seohyun they’re fine.” Yunho said while she kneeled beside them, lifting a hand each and holding it. “What happened to them? Why are they like this?”

Yunho stepped outside, carefully closing the sliding door. “They were being fried from the constant rays of the sun.” He waited for her to take it in before continuing. “If they stay here any longer… It could be bad for them.”

Her eyes were starting to dampen but she held back from crying and squeezed their hands.
“Jessica suggested that you come with her and Krystal to your realm for a bit. Changmin and Kyuhyun won’t be able to protect you. I have friends who are willing to help us find Minyoung but your safety comes first.”

Wetting her lips Seohyun thought over what Yunho had told her. She gently lowered down Kyuhyun’s hand but still held onto Changmin’s. With her other hand she his knuckles.

 

“His hand is cold like Kyuhyun oppa’s. But the more I hold it, the more it feels warm to me.” With a crestfallen half smile she looked at Yunho.


“I’ll go but not without saying goodbye.”

Yunho let out a breath. “Of course Seohyun,” he said. Now Yunho was starting to see why Changmin liked her. In return he began to see the muse like a little sister.

He continued to keep an eye out on the sun as Seohyun went back in to have a very early breakfast. Changmin and Kyuhyun both moved. Kyuhyun was the first one to be sitting up. Much to Yunho’s relief it was before the sun had finished rising.


“Ugh what just…” Kyuhyun grumbled struggling to get to his feet. Changmin sat up leaning his head against his hand with a wince.

“You two were nearly fried alive.” Yunho stated. The two just stared at him in alarm. “When you’re bodies are cold enough I‘ll take you back home. Seohyun will go with Jessica and Krystal to the realm of the muses.”

Now it struck them what was happening. “What about Minyoung? We’re supposed to find her!” Kyuhyun began.

Yunho gave them a reassuring smile. “Don’t worry I’ll stay back and search for. I called for assistance and they will be joining me here soon.”

Now it was Changmin’s turn to ask a question. He appeared to have recovered from whatever it was that had aggravated him before. “So we’re just expected to sit back and wait for you to find Minyoung?”

Yunho frowned. His younger friend was beginning to push it. “Changmin didn’t you hear what I—“

“—hyung we can’t just give up like that!” Changmin rebutted with force. “Seohyun’s counting on us.”

At this Yunho paused, closing his mouth in debate as to whether he should say. In the end he did. “I’ve already explained to Seohyun and she’s happy for you two to rest. She wants to say goodbye to you both before she had to leave.”

The two vampires saw as Jessica and Krystal came down and went into the kitchen. They found Seohyun and started talking. Seohyun then led them to the table and the three of them started eating the little breakfast she’d prepared.


The three vampires went in. The girls saw them. “How are you both?” Jessica asked as they stood near the couch.


“Alright,” but in reality they felt lousy. The fact they were indisposed was a large blow to them both. Their pride had been affected by it mainly.

Jessica sensed their disappointment and spoke to them after eating. “Don’t worry you can see Seohyun off at the door. It will open in the park so you can say goodbye before it shuts.”

That seemed to lift their spirits until they looked at the other. There was still an issue they had to deal with. That was each other.

 

~~~

They waited in the living room for Seohyun to come down. She had to wear her dress. It sounded like uniform to Changmin and Kyuhyun but Jessica said that it was just what they normally wore. They all had their own special dress apparently.

Jessica’s was strapless and a pastel pink so the men wondered what Seohyun would look like in hers. Of course her features were different from Jessica’s well endeavoured bosom so the dress wouldn’t show any cleavage. Maybe it would emphasize her height.

Eventually she appeared, drawing breaths when they only saw the bottom. It was lavender, a colour that soothed the eyes. The dress reached the ground, had a high collar but wasn’t like a turtleneck, its waist was banded. With her hair down in their natural waves she indeed looked breathtaking.


“Are you ready?” Jessica asked. Seohyun made a small nod and they all left the house. Yunho glanced up at the sky. It was a cloudy day much to his relief for his friends.


The doorway appeared like a swirling hole into another world. It seemed rather peaceful with a waterfall in a heavenly garden, a few marble columns at the edge. Krystal quickly said her goodbyes before walking in. Jessica shook her head in annoyance.
“Sorry she must be tired or something. Yah come back and say your goodbyes properly!”

Now it was just Seohyun with the three vampires. It was soon time to say goodbye. She started with Yunho. “Oppa, thank you for what you’ve done. I hope you succeed in finding Minyoung,” she and hugged him.

 

Next was Kyuhyun who she bowed to. “I can never express just how grateful and sorry I am to you oppa.” His gaze shifted elsewhere. The topic of the one sided love was still sensitive.

“I hope you’ll recover quickly and move on to what is out there.”

Kyuhyun grimly nodded his voice tight as he said his last words before they separated. “Goodbye Seohyun-sshi.” Spinning on his heels Kyuhyun started to walk away from them. Her face fell at his formal speech. He’d built a wall between them now. Yunho looked at her with sympathy before going to check Kyuhyun was alright. It gave the two a chance to be alone.

Dismayed still at Kyuhyun’s cold words Seohyun let some tears fall. “Please stay safe oppa.” She began. “Go home where you can rest and be well.” Her voice was quivering. Quickly Seohyun made her way inside.


Changmin ran after her, taking a step in. His feet stepped onto grass that was springy and bright with colour. The realm of the muses was a picture of beauty. A waterfall was floating in the air as it spilled into a crystal blue pool. Flowers were blooming everywhere; some were as large as sunflowers and others in small trees like cherry blossoms.


Seeing her just ahead Changmin called out to her, “Seohyun!” She stopped. His steps reduced the space between them. Her dress shifted as she faced. Unable to bear it he threw his arms around her and pulled her close to him. An audience started emerging after he called out. One woman was tall in a butter yellow dress with one shoulder. Another stood shorter, fairer skin, a face rather young and in a dress with thin straps, a deep blue.


Changmin ignored them as the other muses appeared. He put a hand behind her head and she lean against his shoulder. “Seohyun promise me you’ll stay here out of harm’s way. We won’t give up. Kyuhyun and I will find Minyoung for you.”

As she was in his arms he sighed, already missing her. Seohyun lifted her head. The two exchanged long gazes. If it wasn’t now it would be never. Changmin began to lower his head but was stopped. Opening his eyes he saw she was leaning away.


“Oppa, it’s too soon.” Seohyun said sounding sorry. “Besides, what if the next time we see each other is the last?”

The word pinched at his insides. He didn’t understand why she said that. And then it hit him. Seohyun was putting off their goodbye. The feelings inside started to bubble over. Changmin took her head in his hands. “Seohyun, it won’t be the last time. I promise.” Tilting her head towards him he placed a small kiss on her forehead.


“Changmin,” Jessica called to him. “The door will close soon, hurry.” Stepping away from Seohyun their hands slowly brushed apart as he left, unable to look at her.


He came back into the realm of the humans. Yunho was there waiting. “Changmin, are you ok?”
Changmin shook his head while heaving a long and slow sigh. Yunho opened his arms and embraced his friend who clenched his jaw before he could break down.


Sadness, it was something Changmin hadn’t felt in a long, long time.



Aww I bet you’re all feeling down. Next chapter will be action packed. It's been a while since I had a soundtrack so yeah I hope it fits the mood of the last part.