Best Friend

Kosher

Kyuhyun was silenced in an instant, his jaw jammed shut. Changmin had not imagined his friend to become so taken back. Eventually after it had sunk in he found his voice again.
 

“She… She likes you?” He turned away from Changmin. His voice sounded on edge as he said, “she doesn’t like me… But she likes you?”

Changmin realised now why Kyuhyun was acting this way. All this time he’d been the one lavishing his love on Seohyun, who had not shown if she felt the same. And then there came his friend who had been uninterested from the start yet claimed the position he desired.

 

Kyuhyun started back towards the front door only giving Changmin a second to move aside. “Where are you going?” Changmin called, alarmed by Kyuhyun’s change in mood.

“We need to see if she has come.”

Changmin blinked. “If who has arrived?”

Kyuhyun didn’t answer and kept on walking. Changmin followed him before the door swung shut from behind.

 

They didn’t say anything as they travelled to Seohyun’s house. Kyuhyun’s eyes were set in tunnel vision. His friend was not included in his line of sight. Changmin grew concerned. If this was how he would act with him then how was he going to be if he confronted Seohyun?


~~~


When they came back Kyuhyun was quick to ask Yunho, “Has she arrived?” The abrupt question made Yunho jump. He glanced out at the scenery behind the two vampires as if to see something and then shook his head.

“She’s still got to bring her sister from America so she may not arrive until sunset.”

“Weren’t we clear with her?!”


Yunho glanced at Changmin with his eyes a little bigger. Since when was Kyuhyun so rude? Unable to give him any help Changmin shrugged. The disgruntled vampire kept on talking.

“We told her that it was urgent and that they were to come as soon as possible! If we’d known she would dawdle then we would have not bothered going there in the first place!”

Now Yunho was more confused. He raised his eyebrows at him. “Kyuhyun what’s gotten into you?”

They all stopped as saw Seohyun came over. She sensed that something was amiss based on her expression. How much had she just witnessed?


“Oppa, what’s wrong? Why are you like this?” She asked Kyuhyun. When he didn’t speak, she went closer, hand going onto his arm. “Talk to me oppa—“


He pushed her hand off him but quickly grabbed it tightly. Seohyun leaned back in shock as he snapped. “I don’t need your pity! I need your love!”

Seohyun tried to free herself, his gaze dangerous. Changmin felt himself fuming and started towards him. However Yunho decided to intervene.

“That’s enough.” Yunho took Kyuhyun’s hand off Seohyun’s, stepping between them. She moved away and back into Changmin’s open arms. This actions angered Kyuhyun more so he stormed away, not looking at either of them as he went out of the house.

 

Yunho heaved a sigh, his attention on the two. “What was that about?” Feeling guilty Seohyun moved away from Changmin who mouthed to her ‘why’. Then it clicked with Yunho. “Ah I see, he didn’t take it well then.”

“Hyung who are we expecting?” Changmin tried to change the subject.


Yunho got them to both sit down. “One of the muses has a sister who is gifted with supernatural healing. She’s going to come and bring her here to help Seohyun.”

“She’s here.” They all jumped. Neither of them noticed Kyuhyun return but that didn’t matter. Their attention went to the blonde haired woman behind him. She was standing in the long pink rose gown with one shoulder made from a flowing fabric.

Seohyun looked surprised. “Jessica is that--”

The girl saw Seohyun. “Seohyun is that really you?” Covering in shock Seohyun went to her. The girls both met and embraced strongly. Soon they had tears down their cheeks both of them letting them fall freely.


“It’s been so long.” The muse said pulling back a bit to look at Seohyun closer. “You’ve become more beautiful.”

Laughing with wet eyes Seohyun said, “And so has unnie.” They hugged again.


Soon Jessica went to greet Changmin. “It’s nice to meet one of Seohyun’s friends.”

“Yeah same here.” To be honest he’d never expected the muses to be so beautiful. But Seohyun still shone the most in his eyes. Jessica turned to the girl who was leaning against the garden wall, waiting.

“This is my sister Krystal. She’s going to help Seohyun.”

Though she looked young the girl was rather tall in her denim shorts, long straight hair, converse sneakers and red baseball jacket. She greeted them politely.

“So how does it work?” Changmin asked after the introduction.


“Krystal will stay with Seohyun when she rests. It is a long process and cannot be interrupted.”


Both Yunho and Changmin understood. They glanced at Kyuhyun who stood to the side coldly like he was a statue. The pair decided to deal with him later while Krystal healed Seohyun. The tense situation could disturb her healing progress.

 

~~~


The four of them made themselves comfortable in the living room. Changmin had offered Jessica a drink and she had a coke which surprised them. Meanwhile Krystal was upstairs with Seohyun and would stay with her for a few hours. Basically the three had the idea that Krystal touched Seohyun and would transfer healing energy from her to the muse needing it.


“So how are you and Krystal related?” Yunho asked as Jessica had a sip from her drink.


“My father had an affair with her mother. So she’s half God and half human. I met her before when I learned of what happened. She’s a good girl, a little quiet at times but otherwise she is very good at sport.”


Sitting upright Jessica asked them a question back. “So what is Seohyun to you? Does she like any of you more than an oppa or are you like family?”

Yunho and Kyuhyun’s eyes shifted to Changmin who didn’t deny it. She got the hint. “Ah so you and her are together?”

Changmin made a small nod. “I suppose—“

“—what should we do when she’s healed?” Kyuhyun was still obviously cut about being only considered a friend. “If she stays here then she is going to be a target for Kibum and his friend again.”

“That is why I was going to suggest…” Jessica hesitated, her eyes gazing with some caution. “…That she comes back to our realm on Mount Olympus.”

They were surprised. It should have been expected that she was concerned about Seohyun enough to want her home. But for how long would she stay there? Would it be just for a month a year or even longer?

Yunho spoke up. “You mean to live with you again or—“

“—Just so that she’s safe.” Jessica explained. “We would love to have her back for good. But it looks that she’s so comfortable living here; living a normal life that I wonder if she would give all of this up.”

With that in mind Yunho nodded. “I think that due to the situation it would be wise for her to go back with you until we’ve taken care of those that are threatening her.”


“I’m glad.” Jessica sounded relieved.  “I hope that you will be able to clear up the mess so she can return safely.”

Yunho glanced at Changmin. He hadn’t spoken since Jessica’s suggestion. Sensing Changmin’s discomfort Yunho stood and gestured for him to come out for a private talk. They left the room with just Kyuhyun and Jessica.


Outside the sun was starting to set. A warm orange and pink colour scheme painted the sky. Yunho looked at Changmin.
“I know it must feel hard. You don’t need to force yourself to like it.”

At this Changmin shook his head. “Her safety’s more important. Besides’ it’s not like we won’t see each other again.”

“Still,” Yunho urged. “You’ve only just become close with her. Without her close you’re probably going to worry about her a lot.”

Changmin stopped for a moment. Something didn’t feel right within him. Regardless of this he made a smile at Yunho. “Hyung I shouldn’t worry about her because I’m going to need all my attention focus on trying to take out that—“

“—Changmin!” Yunho went to his side as his friend fell. Grabbing his sides in a self-hug he started groaning in pain, kneeling against the ground.


“W-what—is--happening?” He tried to stand up but ended up down on the ground. Yunho reached for Changmin putting his hands on his shoulders. It sizzled where he pressed and Yunho had to suddenly withdraw with a yell; his palms red and scalding.


“You’re burning up!”


“Quickly somebody help!” Jessica had opened the door. From behind her on the floor Kyuhyun was writhing in pain. “He’s scorching hot I cannot even touch him!”
 

Yunho held out a hand with the palm towards her as she turned back to Kyuhyun. “Stop; don’t go near him! They need ice and water, anything to make them cold!”

Her eyes widened, mouth going slightly ajar. “Why what’s happening to them?”

Yunho glanced at Changmin who was gritting his teeth. Smoke appeared to be rising from him in small puffs like a cigarette.

“It’s from the prolonged exposure to the ultra violet rays. It’s burning them inside out!”


 



A/N Panic, fear, panic. Well you should be worried I mean first Kyuhyun is an (sorry Gamers) and now this. Wait and see how they survive or if they survive.