Storm

Kosher

“Changmin, Kyuhyun come outside.” Yunho called to them. The two had been made to sit inside in case the sun suddenly came out. Going through the front they saw Yunho standing with a few other of their own. Two were not particularly tall while others well.

 

Smiling Yunho stepped aside. “It’s probably been a while since you saw them last.”

 

Wide eyed Kyuhyun recognised three of Yunho’s companions. One was tall, handsome in his face and well built in his black fitted shirt and jeans. Another was not as tall but had gentle eyes while in a long sleeved V-neck shirt. The other wasn’t as handsome based on his face however the way he held himself showed he wasn’t afraid of anyone in a silver singlet and white shorts.

 

“Siwon, Donghae, Eunhyuk hyung.” Kyuhyun said as he saw them. Seeing him they went over and hugged Kyuhyun.


“We’ve been worried about you.” Donghae told him.

 

Eunhyuk nodded. “Yeah so we agreed even before Yunho had to beg.”

“But I did.” Yunho said raising his eyebrows at Eunhyuk.

 

Siwon came and slung a shoulder around Kyuhyun’s arm. “What matters is we’re here to help. As soon as those other two arrive the six of us will find your little girl in no time.”

Changmin was confused. “Wait, six of you? Why aren’t we included?” He turned to Yunho and mouthed a ‘why’. “Who are you waiting on.”

“Ah there they are.” Yunho extended his arm and gave a wave to them. From a distance they appeared to be ordinary but tall men. As they came closer it was obvious that they were paler in complexion, a sickly pale and their eyes weren’t warm.

 

“Taemin, Minho say hello to Changmin and Kyuhyun,” Yunho said as they stood away, slightly shy. They walked over both of them bowing.


“They’re newly converted. Both of them possess great skills so they were recruited as hunters too.”

One of them spoke. He was the taller one out of the two, he had a small head and full lips but his gaze blazed charisma.

“Choi Minho at your service.” His deep voice assured Changmin and Kyuhyun that he had been an adult at his time of death.

 

The other one greeted them too, his voice nervous. “Lee Taemin it’s nice to meet you.” He looked like a boy who would have been the tallest out of his class in school. His hair was chocolate brown and messed, nose similar to Minho’s but not as wide compared to his wide face.

 

“Nice to meet you,” Kyuhyun said shaking their hands. Changmin did the same, a grin hovering but not quite settling on his mouth yet.

 

“We’ll begin the hunt soon.” Yunho began. He then focused on Kyuhyun and Changmin. “You two go back inside.”

Now they were riled. They both shook their heads surprising the others.
“We can’t sit back and do nothing.” Kyuhyun said.


Changmin agreed. “We are going to help.”

“But your injured how will you…“ Yunho started to say.

 

Kyuhyun turned his head to Changmin. “I can’t speak for him. But I’m going to help. It’s the least I can do for the woman I love.”

It was as if that final sentence had been spoken deliberately to hurt. And it did much to Changmin’s chagrin. He lost his face for a moment.
“I don’t want to sit here and wait. It would be harder than just going.”

 

Yunho didn’t know what to make of them. He could see they had not resolved their issues with each other. But keeping them trapped inside the house wouldn’t be a good idea either.

 

After thinking it over for a bit Yunho sighed. “Alright you can come. We’ll come up with a plan first.”

~~~

 

They all stood in the park in a close huddle.
“So the problem is we don’t know where they would be keeping her.” Yunho explained.


“That won’t be a problem.” Siwon assured him. “We can track her without much difficulty.”

 

Yunho felt relieved that Siwon was here. He had a great track record when it came to hunting and had lead about ten chases and succeeded in ten kills. The master hunter continued.


“Ok so Taemin can go with Yunho and Minho will stay with me. The idea is that we will cover the area as much as possible. Don’t forget your abilities are there for your use. The first one to find Minyoung is to bring her to the house and guard her. Watch out for Kibum or Song Joongki they are likely to have more support since we’re here.”
 

All of them agreed. Well except for the two in the love triangle. They reluctantly complied despite their wishes to be separated. Soon the four pairs separated, each of them going in a different direction.

 

Kyuhyun raised his eyebrows at Changmin as the latter went towards the town. “Changmin that isn’t in our range; let Minho and Siwon hyung cover that place!”

“That isn’t the point.” Changmin argued while running. “That is the place where I first saw Kibum. So she may be close by!”

“We don’t know that.”

“So let’s find out then!” Kyuhyun stopped, alarmed at Changmin’s ferocious determination. His gaze was serious, not fazed by anything. “If you really do love Seohyun… If you really do then you would shut up and follow me.”

Clenching his hands at his side Kyuhyun felt himself returning the same expression. Gritting his teeth he came after Changmin, speeding past him in a trail of dust.

 

“I’m going to beat you Changmin!”

“Not if I get there first!” The two kept running, down the street, past people who had to move out of the way and along the same road without stopping.

 

Eventually they slowed, both of them glancing around where they were. “This isn’t it.” Changmin’s nostrils flared in annoyance. “It’s a club I know that but where I don’t know!”

“What do you mean you don’t know?!” Kyuhyun exclaimed. He shoved Changmin. “You sounded so sure of yourself! Look where that led you!”

“If you weren’t running at fifty miles an hour we could have stopped to check for—“

There came a scream. Turning they looked back down where they’d come. Kyuhyun’s mouth dropped open. “T-that was…”

“Minyoung,” Changmin finished. Both of them ran back, their minds racing in worry over why she had screamed like that. They hoped that she was ok.

 

~~~

 

“Minyoung can you hear oppa?!” Kyuhyun called out. They were now in a small street where there were old homes about to be torn down. Changmin turned the corner.


His eyes lit up. This was it. He knew this place. His mind recalled it being the same club as before.
“Kyuhyun this is the club! She must be in here.” Grabbing the door he slid it open with a large pull. It crashed into the other side. Changmin stepped in first followed by Kyuhyun.

 

The furniture were turned over, glasses smashed on the floor, some had drink in them still. The taps for the beers were left running. The strong smell of the alcohol all over the bar as it dripped over the edge.

 

This didn’t feel right. Kyuhyun came to a standstill. Changmin kept on walking closer, something cracking under his feet. That didn’t sound like glass; it was not as hollow in sound. Lifting his foot Changmin saw something pink, sausage shaped and smelling oddly enough like flesh.


It was a human finger. Quickly Changmin went around the other side to where the bar opened up. That was when he saw it. Piles upon piles of men and women, still clothed with their flesh ripped apart straight down to the muscle. Some had bloodied hair from wounds in the scalps; others had puncture wounds down their arms, legs and abdomens.

 

“Changmin…” Kyuhyun was beginning to sound unlike himself. It was as if he was scared. “This isn’t right… I can smell Minyoung but I don’t know where she is.”

His friend wasn’t listening. Changmin couldn’t tell if he was just seeing things. But he felt certain that one of the bodies moved. A shadow started to move over him.

 

Kyuhyun kept on talking, stepping closer to a case of stairs. “Changmin I’m going to check up here alright?” The shadow darkened Changmin completely. Closing his eyes for a moment he let his other sight do the seeing.

 

Blue, blue, blue, all before him was blue. But the aura that was behind…

“Ok Kyuhyun that is—“

 

 His last words were pulled out from him.