Chapter 3: Dara

Stoned Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 3: Dara (EDITED)

 

 

 

Hello, I’m Sandara Park. They call me Dara. I’m an art student from a prestigious school at France. Only smart, rich and talented kids can enter that university they said but I really doubt that. I lived in France for almost 16 years and I didn’t know what’s happening. Why do we need to go back to Seoul? I really love here in France, they are open minded they don’t judge people that much unlike in Korea. I think Paris is much better not just because of the things I can do freely in here but because of my friends and love ones. Should I include my dad on that list too? I guess I should.

 

I used to be a cheerful person even though my dad doesn’t spend much time with me I still tries my best to approach him. Until one day, my dad told me that she’s going to remarry. At first I thought that it’ll be okay thinking that it’ll make my dad happy but after I found out the truth that she’s my dad’s childhood sweetheart I can’t agree no more to their relationship. I think that my dad didn’t really love my mom because of that. I also heard that my dad used to be away and spends his time with that woman and my parents almost broke

 

I don’t know why all of a sudden my dad decided to go back to Seoul. I don’t really like to go back. Going back brings so much pain to me because of the memories we left. I can still remember how my mom died when I was 5 years old. She tried to save me from our burning home. I wonder now where is my dad time. Is he spending his time with that woman when mom and me almost died?

 

I wake up early even though I only had few hours of sleep. I’m hungry and I want to go downstairs and grab some food when I heard a couple of knocks from my door. My brother told me that breakfast is already ready and I should go down and eat. I showed my annoyance asking him what’s his problem and told him that I’m not feeling hungry. I seated on the corner of my bed heaving a deep sigh touching my stomach when I felt hunger. I head to the bathroom to wash my face and prepare to go downstairs.

 

I went inside the kitchen seeing that our dining table is too big to eat alone and there I found my brother eating all by himself. I wonder if he’s not used to a huge place like this. I think he does. I smirked when he turned and looked at me. “Good morning noona.” He greeted with all smiles. I seated a chair a part from him on the counter table and eat whatever the maid prepares us. I’m not used to this kind of breakfast it’s the typical Korean breakfast that my mom used to prepare when I was a child. “I’ll ask the maid to cook an English breakfast if you want.” He said looking at me as I was just starring at the food in front of me. I hold my chopstick and took a piece. I looked closely in to it before I swallowed. Hmm. It doesn’t taste that bad. He seems to be amused with my actions. He thinks that I’m not used to this? Hmm. Maybe what he is thinking is right. It’s been a long time since I’ve had a Korean breakfast. I don’t really mind it since I kinda miss it too. “Can you understand Korean?” he asked me while I’m munching my food.

 

“No.” I lied. It’s better if he knows that that I can’t understand and speak it. I know he is trying his best to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter