Ommoni To The Rescue! Part I

Prequel Set - Uri Sarang Bit (Our Love Light)

Ommoni To The Rescue! Part 1

Month 8
Week 32


Seohyun paced her way through the living room, one hand on her back while the other being placed under her bulging stomach. Her frowns were deeply engraved on her forehead, her nostrils flared and she was letting out uneven sighs. Her eyes landed on the Precious Moments clock on the wall. She had been waiting for him for almost three hours now.

Her feet were starting to ache from the walking. She sat down on the sofa grumpily. Her anger was now beyond explanations.

The cause of her anger? Well it was because of the airing of the We Are Pregnant episode whereby she and her husband, Jung Yonghwa were guests on the show, visiting the main couple, Jinwoon and Nicole. At first the atmosphere were lively and the conversations they had in the beginning of the show were somehow funny and interesting to her. The show was also very informative and Seohyun enjoyed watching it very much.

Then suddenly the mission was announced by Nicole about the husbands having to cook two dishes for their pregnant wives. During their husbands' absence, it was shown that she and Nicole had some women talk about the pregnancy and how she was very enthusiastic sharing some of her pregnancy experiences with Nicole. Then their talking scene was changed to the kitchen scene where the husbands were busy cooking and preparing the meals. Seohyun had a good laugh upon watching Yonghwa in the kitchen with Jinwoon who needed help in cooking most of the time. But then that conversation came out between Yonghwa and Jinwoon, in front of the recorded camera.

Seohyun's facial expression changed the moment she heard whatever Yonghwa was telling Jinwoon. She gritted her teeth and let out a loud, exasperating sigh. Immediately Seohyun made a grab for her handphone. She just needed an explanation from him.

She had his number on the quick dial and soon the phone lines connected. After a few rings, her call was suddenly rejected. Seohyun brought her handphone down from her ear and glared at it before redialling her husband again. And again the same thing happened, her call being rejected all the same.

At times like this, she just needed to send him a threatening message ---

JUNG YONGHWA!
YOU BETTER CALL ME BACK RIGHT NOW BEFORE I GO OUT OF THE HOUSE IN THIS CONDITION AND LITERALLY LOOK FOR YOU.
AND DON'T TRY ANYTHING FUNNY WITH ME. AND DON'T EVEN ASK JUNGSHIN, MINHYUK OR EVEN JONGHYUN OPPA TO HELP YOU. IF THEY WERE TO DO THAT, ALL FOUR OF YOU ARE REALLY GOING TO GET INTO TROUBLE!
CALL ME NOW!


The minute the message was sent, Seohyun inhaled deeply, trying to cool her body and mind down. Then a reply to her text came.

Jagi-ya...
I'm on my way home right now. And I can't answer your calls as I am behind the wheels. I'll be home soon love! See you!

His reply was short and sweet making Seohyun even angrier. She slammed the phone down onto the coffee table before retreating into her bedroom to rest. She thought of locking her bedroom door so Yonghwa would not be able to come in to see her. And she did just that.

But three hours later, he was still not home yet as he promised earlier and that made her even furious! She finally unlocked herself from the comfort of her room and decided to wait outside in the living room for her MIA husband.

"Just you wait." Seohyun said calmly as her eyes glared at the front door. "You'll see what happens when you come home later."

******

*Almost three hours before*

"Hyung! Hyung!" Jungshin ran into the office shouting. He was definitely out of breath as he stood in front of Yonghwa.

"What's wrong with you?" Yonghwa asked eyeing his group's maknae up and down.

"The show!" Jungshin coughed. "The show! It's airing with your episode!"

Yonghwa frowned. "What show?"

"The We Are Expecting! It's on!"

"Ah sinchia? It's good isn't it?" Yonghwa grinned as her walked past Jungshin towards his table.

"It's good but you told Jinwoon about Seohyun's cravings in front of national tv!" Jungshin exclaimed.

"Bo?! It can't be!" Yonghwa frowned. "You must be mistaken."

"Aniyo! We heard it hyung! We heard it!" Jungshin informed. "We were watching it together in the practice room. And we were positive we heard the thing correctly!"

Yonghwa gulped. Did he just told Jinwoon about Seohyun's cravings and their problematic problem in Japan, in front of a recorded camera? But how come he did not notice it? Aigoo! He's a dead man for sure.

"You had better explain it to Seohyun." Jungshin told him. "Don't ever deny a pregnant woman's temper."

"Uh, do you think she watched the episode already?" Yonghwa asked in a worried tone.

"Of course! She's home the whole day!"

"I'm dead!" Yonghwa shook his head in disbelief. He sat down on his chair, throwing his head into his hands.

"We know." Jonghyun suddenly said as he and Minhyuk entered their office. Each of them had teasing smirks on their lips.

"It was okay to just tell us about your problems hyung. We could understand and have our mouths sealed. But telling the nationwide is really crazy!" Minhyuk shook his head.

"I've embarassed my own wife in front of the whole country! Ottoke?" Yonghwa asked worriedly. The other three men in front of him just shrugged.Yonghwa sighed dejectedly.

Yonghwa's handphone rang suddenly. Just as he was about to answer the phone, he noticed Seohyun's name appearing on his phone. Yonghwa inhaled a sharp breath before pressing the reject button on his phone.

"Ah wae? Why didn't you answer the call hyung?" Jonghyun asked, his lips puckered towards the small device on Yonghwa's hand.

"It's Seohyun." Yonghwa told him.

"Ah! She must have watched it." Minhyuk shrugged.

Yonghwa's phone rang for the second time. The same thing, Yonghwa pressed the reject button again. He was not ready to answer any of Seohyun's calls yet. Especially when she was in her furious mode.

His phone beeped again for the third time indicating that he had just received a text message. Yonghwa gulped again. Without even looking at the recipient, he knew that the message was from his wife. Putting on a brave front, he opened the message that he had just recieved. And true enough it was from Seohyun. Just reading the message was enough to make him shiver all the way to his spine.

JUNG YONGHWA!
YOU BETTER CALL ME BACK RIGHT NOW BEFORE I GO OUT OF THE HOUSE IN THIS CONDITION AND LITERALLY LOOK FOR YOU.
AND DON'T TRY ANYTHING FUNNY WITH ME. AND DON'T EVEN ASK JUNGSHIN, MINHYUK OR EVEN JONGHYUN OPPA TO HELP YOU. IF THEY WERE TO DO THAT, ALL FOUR OF YOU ARE REALLY GOING TO GET INTO TROUBLE!
CALL ME NOW!


"What did she say hyung?" Minhyuk asked conciously.

"She said that the three of you are not supposed to cover me up." Yonghwa said. "She wants me to call her back. Aigoo! This is freaking scary!"

"Well, we don't intend to help you either hyung." Jungshin replied carelessly, causing him to get a hit on the head by Jonghyun.

"I'm getting confused now." Yonghwa sighed.

"Pali hyung! You should reply her before she come here and create a havoc!" Minhyuk said.

Yonghwa thought carefully before replying a message to Seohyun. He decided to lie to her saying he was on his way home, but in real fact, he was still on his office chair, still pretty unsure of what actions to take.

"Hyung, look at this." Minhyuk came up to him, holding his handphone out to Yonghwa. The phone was connected to an internet server and before him, the news of Seohyun's cravings during pregnancy were all over the web page. Yonghwa felt his chest tightened. 'I'm so dead!' He thought without fail.

"You should find a solution as fast as you could hyung." Jonghyun spoke up.

"I know. But what?" Yonghwa sighed again. "I feel so helpless now."

"Why not call your mum down?" Jonghyun suggested, grinning. "Seohyun's in love with her! And she would definitely listen to ommoni!"

Yonghwa looked up upon hearing Jonghyun's suggestion. His face glittered with hope, so different from his sour expression earlier. "That's a great idea you got there Jonghyuy-ah!" Yonghwa exclaimed with his satoori accent.

"We could try that!" Jungshin grinned clapping Jonghyun's shoulder.

"Minhyuk, can you check for me the earliest flight you can get from Busan to Seoul?" Yonghwa said.

"Sure! I'm a handy man!" Minhyuk grinned, suddenly glad that he could be of help.

Yonghwa held up the phone in front of him and breathed in deeply. He dialled his mother's number and waited for her to answer his call. He was overjoyed the moment he heard her soft and loving voice on the other line that he thought he could cry at that very moment.

"Ommoni! Can you come down to Seoul right now?" Yonghwa said into the phone. "It's urgent."