Ommoni To The Rescue! Part II

Prequel Set - Uri Sarang Bit (Our Love Light)

Ommoni To The Rescue! Part II


The moment he saw her stepping elegantly out of the arrival gate, his heartbeat stabilized. He rushed towards her with an uncertain smile, holding out his hands to take her bags. But the bags did not reach him. Instead she passed them over to the person who was standing behind him and he was none other than his Busan brother, Jonghyun. She turned to look at Yonghwa with a piercing gaze causing him to gulp nervously.

"O-Ommoni. You're here!" Yonghwa greeted her enthusiastically, trying to lighten the atmosphere.

"Jung Yonghwa, you're really overdoing it this time." Mrs Jung shook her head, totally feeling embarassed at her son's behaviour. "Where's my daughter in law?" The older woman looked around them trying to look-out for a pregnant lady, mainly by the name of Seo Joohyun.

"I-I didn't bring her here." Yonghwa told his mother as a matter of fact.

"Then where is she?"

"At home, I think." Yonghwa answered with his head down.

"What? You mean you don't even know where she is right now?" Mrs Jung was totally pissed. "Did you call her or see her after that episode aired?"

Literally, Yonghwa had briefly informed his mother about the crisis over the phone. She was indeed feeling very upset and had willingly agreed to come over to Seoul immediately.

Yonghwa shook his head timidly. "Ani. I was scared."

"Aish! Sinchia! This boy!" Mrs Jung sighed shaking her head.

"Wae? I'm sure she's at home now." Yonghwa said with raised eye brows. "I've sent Minhyuk and Jungshin home to see how she is doing right now."

"Aigoo!" Mrs Jung sighed again. "I really pity Joohyun right now."

"Ommoni, I'm sure hyung realizes his mistakes and is ready to apologize to her." Jonghyun said as he stepped forward, backing up his hyung.

"I hope he is." Mrs Jung eyed her son.

"I am!" Yonghwa protested.

"Ahrasso. I'll keep your word for it." Mrs Jung nodded her head.

"Hyung, ommoni, let's go." Jonghyun called out, gesturing for both the mother and son to follow him.

Yonghwa sighed. It was time to face the wrath of an angry pregnant wife of his.

******

"We're here! Hyungsoo-nim! Open the door!" Jungshin called out, his voice high with excitement.

Minhyuk stood beside Jungshin, in front of the closed door with a nervous smile. If it was not because of Yonghwa's pleadings, he would not even dared to go and see Seohyun. He knew Seohyun was angry. He knew Seohyun was pissed. And that was one of the reasons why he did not want to come here in the first place. Minhyuk shuffled his feet nervously. Jungshin was already tired from calling Seohyun out. 'She's not going to open the door. I bet my life on it.' Minhyuk thought.

But a few minutes later, a grumpy looking Seo Joohyun stood by the opened door. Her eyes were serious unlike the usual bright ones. She was also throwing a hard piercing gaze towards the two men in front of her. They had nervous smiles on their faces which portrayed guiltiness.

"What are you two doing here?" Seohyun asked, a deathly note in her voice.

Both Minhyuk and Jungshin gulped. Jungshin then grinned holding out his hands in front of Seohyun. "We're here! To visit you of course!" Jungshin exclaimed.

Jungshin and Minhyuk pushed themselves into the house and straight away headed for the sofa to sit. They had their eyes fixed onto the wall in front of them, both of them ignoring Seohyun's knowing stares.

"You know about it right?" Seohyun asked again. "About that program?"

Both Minhyuk and Jungshin looked at each other before bravely looking at Seohyun and nodded. "Ah, ne." Minhyuk answered quickly.

"He sent both of you here right?" Seohyun asked again with her eye brows raised. There was no change in her expression.

"Aigoo! Of course not!" Jungshin said quickly as he forced a chuckle. "Hyung does not even know that we're here right now, right Minhyuk?"

Jungshin poked Minhyuk on the thigh as a sign for him to continue. "Ah ne. Hyung has no idea that we're here."

Seohyun nodded. "So, why are you guys here then?"

"We're, we're..."

"That's it! He told you to come here!" Seohyun folded her arms. "Go out now."

"Ani, you don't understand!" Jungshin held up his hands, waving them crazily.

"Oh yes I do." Seohyun said, firmly. "He didn't want to come home himself, yet he send his two brothers to see how my anger is like. Well, let me show you then!"

Minhyuk and Jungshin quickly stood up and backed away from Seohyun who was charging towards them with her bulging tummy. She looked really upset and that scared the two men big time.

"Ahrasso, ahrasso. We'll go now." Minhyuk said as he follwed Jungshin quickly out of the door.

"Tell him if he's not back yet within thirty minutes, I'm leaving the house!" Seohyun screamed as she banged the door shut.

Outside, Jungshin and Minhyuk were both breathing hard, trying to catch their breath. Both of them were shocked and looking very pale. It was the first time ever they saw Seohyun getting very, very angry.

"What do we do now?" Minhyuk asked as he shook his head.

"We better run, run, run ,run, run..." Jungshin sang, trying to lighten the mood.

"Shut up! This is serious!" Minhyuk snapped, taking out his phone to quickly call Yonghwa. "Hyung! Where are you? How come you're still not back yet? Is ommoni with you now?"

******

"I'm reaching soon!" Yonghwa answered into his phone. "Ommoni's here with me."

"Pali!" Minhyuk said, his voice pleading. "She just chased us out of the house!"

"She what?"

"Yes, she chased us out! And she's giving you thirty minutes to get here. If not she's leaving!" Minhyuk said in a panic.

"Bo?!" Yonghwa's face paled. "Hold her on for me."

"Just hurry!"

Yonghwa shook his head as he placed his handphone back into his pocket. He burried his face into his hands and sighed hard.

"Hyung, wae?" Jonghyun, who was beside him driving, asked.

"Hyun's really mad at me." Yonghwa told him.

"Serves you right." Mrs Jung interrupted.

"Ommoni, you should be encouraging me, not the other way round!" Yonghwa said as he turned to look at his mother who was sitting at the backseat.

"I want to, but I really need to side with Joohyun on this." His mother told him. "She's embarassed. You told something personal to the whole country, of course she's upset! I remember the time when your father did almost the same thing to me, when I was pregnant with you. I know the feeling well."

"Ah jeongmal? What happen?" Yonghwa asked.

"I'm not telling it to you." Mrs Jung folded her arms and looked away from her son. "Because I'm still angry with you too."

Yonghwa sighed as he shook his head. He was going to have a very difficult time in coaxing the two most important women on his life to forgive him.

******

Yonghwa stepped out of the car and hurriedly ran in through the gate where he could see Jungshin and Minhyuk sitting down on the bench just beside the main door. "Where is she?" Yonghwa asked the two men.

"Inside." Jungshin told him.

"I'm going in first." Yonghwa said.

"Good luck then." Jungshin and Minhyuk said together.

Yonghwa walked towards the door and gave a knock. He placed his ear onto the door. He could hear someone moving around inside.

"WHO IS IT?" Seohyun shouted.

"Jagi-ya, it's me, Yonghwa, your husband." Yonghwa replied calmly. "Please open up. Let's talk about the program."

"I DON'T WANT TO. YOU'RE THREE MINUTES LATE!" Seohyun said. "DIDN'T THE TWO OF THEM TELL YOU?"

Jungshin and Minhyk looked at each other. 'She's talking about us?' Jungshin raised his eye brows at Minhyuk.

'I think she is.' Minhyuk nodded in understanding.

"Hyun-ah, please open the door. I can explain everything." Yonghwa pleaded.

"LEAVE ME ALONE." Seohyun answered, ignoring his pleas.

Just then Jonghyun and Mrs Jung walked through the gate. Minhyuk and Jungshin quickly ran up to her to greet her formally. They then escorted her towards Yonghwa who was still leaning against the door, pleading to his angry wife.

"She won't open?" Mrs Jung asked as she neared the door.

"Ne. I'm getting worried." Yonghwa told his mother, the sadness in his eyes. "I should have answered her calls earlier."

"You know you should." His mother shook her head. "It's too late for regrets now."

"What should we do then ommoni?" Jungshin asked. "Should we just break the door down?"

"Aigoo! You think this is an action movie?" Jonghyun stared at their maknae in disbelief.

Mrs Jung smiled. "There's no need to. Let me talk to her." Mrs Jung walked towards the door and gave a light knock.

"I SAID GO AWAY! LEAVE ME!" Seohyun shouted in anger.

"Joohyun-ah. It's me darling." Mrs Jung said in her motherly tone. "I've come all the way from Busan to see you."

They heard nothing. Everyone stayed silent. Yonghwa was silently praying, his eyes closed with his hands clasped together. Minhyuk was seated down on the bench, looking at his handphone. At times, his eyes would wander to the door to see if Seohyun would open it. Jungshin and Jonghyun were both gathered behind Yonghwa, patting his shoulders, giving him the encouragement. Mrs Jung was still standing in front of the door, with a calm smile on her face.

Suddenly, the door opened, revealing a teary-eyed Seohyun. Her face and hair was in a mess, wet from her tears. Immediately she leaned towards her mother in law into a hug. "Ommoni..." Seohyun started sobbing.

"Aigoo! Now, now, let's go in first." Mrs Jung led Seohyun into the house. Seohyun was clinging onto her, that it was almost impossible to walk. So Yonghwa stepped forward to help.

"Don't touch me." Seohyun shrugged his hands off her roughly causing Yonghwa to jump back a little.

"Joohyun, he just wants to make sure you're alright. Let him help you in." Mrs Jung said, her voice still gentle. "Anyway, I'm not strong enough to support you. I'm a grandmother Joohyun-ah, I'm an old woman."

Seohyun smiled warmly. "Aniyo. You're still young and pretty ommoni. A pretty grandmother to be exact."

"Aigoo! That's too high a compliment for me!" Mrs Jung feigned a shy chuckle.

With that short conversation, Seohyun allowed Yonghwa to hold and led her into the house towards their room. Mrs Jung stayed close to them as she did not want Seohyun to get 'rough' towards her husband whereas Jonghyun, Jungshin and Minhyuk lingered around the living room area, clearly not ready to go home just yet.

******

"Yonghwa-ya, can you please stay outside for a while?" Mrs Jung said as she looked at her son.

"Ne? But why?" Yonghwa asked, as he helped Seohyun onto the bed. "I thought you want us to talk?"

"I don't want to talk to you." Seohyun said, looking away from her husband. She pulled her arms from him the moment she was safe on the bed.

"Hyun-ah, please, I'm really sorry." Yonghwa kneeled down beside the bed, trying to grasp Seohyun's hands. But as expected, she would not allow him.

"Jung Yonghwa. Just go out first." Mrs Jung repeated, clearly a bit annoyed at her son who did not seem to understand her words.

Yonghwa sighed as he stood up, dragging his feet towards the opened door. He turned back to look at Seohyun once more. Their eyes met.

"Mianhe Hyun-ah." Yonghwa mouthed to Seohyun. "Saranghae."

Seohyun looked down. She was able to see clearly what Yonghwa had just said. He was sorry. He was really, really sorry. She could see it in his eyes. 'Am I too harsh?' Seohyun asked herself. 'Why am I so angry by the way? Whatever he said in the program was true. Is it a big deal that now every one knows about it? And the funny thing is now, I am actually fine with it! Then why am I acting this way? I just hurt him!'

Seohyun started sobbing. She buried her face into her hands. She felt guilty suddenly. Just then, she felt hands on her shoulders, caressing them gently. Seohyun looked up to see her mother in law standing beside her. She smiled through her tears.

"I'm sorry ommoni." Seohyun said, pulling at the older woman's hand. "Please sit down."

Mrs Jung smiled as she gladly sat down on the bed beside Seohyun. "Aigoo! Look at my pretty daughter in law, you're crying."

"I'm not pretty anymore." Seohyun pouted. "I'm fat."

"Aniya. You're not fat, just chubby." Mrs Jung laughed as she playfully gave a light pinch on Seohyun's cheek. "But even if you're fat, I'm sure my son would still love you with all his heart."

"You sure?"

"Of course I'm sure. He is my son."

"I know. I love him too." Seohyun wiped her tears away. "I feel sorry for hurting him just now. I should have never do that."

"Don't worry. You were angry, he'll understand." Mrs Jung Seohyun's hair, tucking them tenderly behind her ears.

"To tell you the truth, I wasn't really angry with him for mentioning about my craving problems on national tv." Seohyun told her mother in law as she wiped her tears.

"Ah, sinchia?"

"Ne. I just needed the explanation from him why he did that." Seohyun continued. "But he didn't answer my calls and even said that he's coming home soon. But he didn't."

"Aigoo! This boy!" Mrs Jung shook her head.

"And now, after looking at his face, so sad with my constant screaming at him since just now, I can't bring myself to be angry with him anymore." Seohyun started to tear up again. "I'm a bad wife."

"No, no my dear. You're not." Mrs Jung pulled Seohyun close and hugged her. "You are a great wife to my son. And you're a great daughter in law to me. Everyone makes mistakes, even me. So don't go on blaming yourself over this small matter.

"In the car, on our way here, Yonghwa was feeling very guilty and I know he is sorry. Will you forgive him?"

"Ne ommoni. I love him very much." Seohyun answered quickly, never wanting to allow her mother in law to doubt her love for Yonghwa.

"I know you would forgive him. He loves you very much too." Mrs Jung said with a smile. "Aigoo! Looking at your condition now reminds me of the time I was pregnant with Yonghwa. An almost similar thing happened. I mentioned it in the car earlier but I never wanted to share it with Yonghwa."

"Ah jeongmal? What is it ommoni?" Seohyun asked, curiosity lingered in her voice.

"Well, now I can say that Yonghwa is almost similar to his aboeji." Mrs Jung chuckled.

"What did aboeji do?"

"Well, when I was pregnant with Yonghwa, I had many faults. My mood was extremely bad. It stayed like that for the whole of nine months. Everytime, when your aboeji was at home, he would try very hard to do things to impress me, such as cooking the family dinner, cleaning the house, taking care of Yonghwa's hyung. But everything was wrong in my eyes.

"So one day he had to go give a talk at a seminar, at one of the hospitals. And coincidentally, I had a check up too at the same hospital. We rode in the car together, him sending me off for my check up and he went for his seminar. You know when you give a talk in a big room you need to wear one of those small microphone where it's attached to your clothes?" Seohyun nodded. "He wore that. And so the room was already packed with staff who were attending the seminar. But just before it started, your aboeji just needed to step out for a while to greet his friend who was working in the same hospital. They shared quick stories of their lives and of course he just had to talk about me and my pregnant condition to his friend."

"Ommo! Don't tell me the mic was on!" Seohyun gasped as she held a hand on . He eyes were dazzled with laughter.

"You're right. The mic was on. But he did not know it. So that old man happily went back to the room to start off with his talk. And conincidentally the talk was about pregnancy. Can you imagine how bad it was?"

"Ne. It's a shocking disaster!"

"The moment he stepped back into the room, all eyes were on him. And some were just whispering to each other when they looked at him. Your aboeji thought it as nothing, so he proceeded with the talk. In between the talk, you are allowed to ask questions or share your opinions. And the questions posed to him were actually all about me, since they heard it all earlier. They even encouraged him to share his experiences with his currently pregnant wife." Mrs Jung sighed. "And since he had no choice now, he just had to share it with them. Even telling them that I was in the hospital currently having a check-up."

"What happen then ommoni?"

"Aigoo! The moment I had my check-up done, suddenly I received lots of flowers and gifts from the staff. Of course they checked it up with me if I am Mrs Jung, before passing those gifts to me. And then a female doctor staff came up to me, shook my hand and said, 'I understand what you are going through. It's just the change of hormones. It will soon go away. Your husband is very caring though, you should at least try to understand him too.' And so I asked her what she was talking about. And she explained to me about the discussion they had in the seminar room!"

"Ommo! That's embarassing!"

"Ne. It was embarassing for me at that time. So I quickly look for him around the hospital but I can't seem to find him. Can you imagine my anger now?"

"Ne. It's quite similar ommoni." Seohyun laughed.

"So I had to go home alone, taking a taxi. And I waited for him to come home and gave him a good scolding." Mrs Jung sighed again. "But he realised his mistakes and kept on apologizing to me constantly. I still remember, he would bring a dozen of roses home everyday for me, just to apologize. Seeing how he endured my wrath, just like you, I can't be angry with him for long."

"You're amazing ommoni. I should be more like you." Seohyun said.

"No, no. You're better than me." Mrs Jung held onto Seohyun's hands tight before gently patting her stomach. "You're a great wife. You'll do well as a mother too."

"Ommoni! Gamsahamida..." Seohyun leaned forward to hug her mother in law. "I'm so happy to have a mother like you."

"I'm happy to have a daughter like you too." Mrs Jung smiled warmly before placing a kiss on Seohyun's forehead. "Come, let's wash you up first. You're supposed to look pretty even when you're pregnant!"

Seohyun grinned, happiness enveloping her. "Ahrasso ommoni."

******

"What is taking them so long?" Yonghwa asked as he continued pacing in front of his room.

"I think ommoni is helping Hyun with her packing." Jungshin teased. Yonghwa threw him a dirty look. Jungshin gulped.

"If you could look at yourself from this position, it looks as if you're waiting impatiently for the birth of your daughter!" Jonghyun said, grinning. Yonghwa could not help but smiled himself.

"Yah! This is different." Yonghwa sighed.

Just then, the door to his room opened. His mother walked out with Seohyun following closely behind. Yonghwa could see that Seohyun was fresh from a shower. There was no longer trails of tears on her face. And the most important thing was, she smelled so nice that Yonghwa had to stop himself from embracing her!

"Hyun..." Yonghwa called out and Seohyun looked up.

"Um, I think it'll be best for us to go somewhere else." Mrs Jung said smiling. She nodded her head at her son.

"Um, ommoni, let's go to the kitchen. Minhyuk is cooking something delicious for us!" Jungshin told her as he pulled the older woman's hand. Jonghyun grinned, gave a pat on his hyung's shoulder before retreating into the kitchen himself.

Yonghwa walked slowly over towards Seohyun and stood in front of her. He tilted her chin up to face him. "Mianhe Hyun-ah. I was stupid. I should have been more aware of the surroundings before saying anything. I practically forget that we're filming. I should have..."

Yonghwa was not able to complete his sentence as Seohyun had placed a finger on his lips. "I understand yeobo-ya. I forgive you."

"Hyun-ah..." Yonghwa placed both his hands on the sides of Seohyun's head, tilted his head and leaned forward, kissing her passionately on the lips. He kissed her deeper when he heard her moaned in respond, gently biting her lower lips before it soothingly. It lasted for a while before he pulled himself back, resting his forehead on hers.

"Yonghwa-ya," Seohyun breathed out.

"Hm?"

"I'm sorry too." Seohyun whispered.

"What for? You didn't do anything wrong love."

"I hurt you earlier. I'm really sorry."

"You never hurt me Hyun-ah, never." Yonghwa placed tiny kisses on his wife's face as he inhaled her scent.

"Yonghwa-ya,"

"Yes love?"

"I love you." Seohyun whispered.

"I love you too." Yonghwa replied as he embraced his wife. He could not imagine living his life without Seohyun by his side.

"Hyung! Read this!" Minhyuk ran towards his hyung, totally unaware of the loving scene before him. His eyes were fixed on his handphone to notice the displayed affection, but as he neared them, he did noticed it anyway. "Aish! Can't you guys be more discreet?"

"What? You're the one who came here." Yonghwa said, loosening his hug on his wife. "Ah wae?"

Minhyuk shoved his phone into Yonghwa's hands. "Read it!"

Yonghwa did as he was told. If it was Minhyuk, there was nothing else but internet websites on his phone. Yonghwa took a glance and true enough, it was another article about Seohyun's cravings.


SEOHYUN CRAVES FOR A HAMBURGER?

Formerly one of the most favourite couple of Season 2 We Got Married, now a real husband and wife couple, Jung Yong Hwa and Seohyun made an apperance on the new variety show We Are Expecting. They became the first guests to the casts of the show, husband and wife, Jung Jin Woon and Nicole.

Unexpectedly, Yong Hwa and Jin Woon had a talk in the kitchen while doing a mission. Yong Hwa mentioned that he had a very difficult time during Seohyun's pregnancy, in particularly during her cravings' period. They travelled all the way to Japan to look for the goguma ice cream which Seohyun had been craving. But unluckily for Yong Hwa, Seohyun suddenly had a change of mind.

Adding to that, Yong Hwa also mentioned that Seohyun had a very unique temper during her pregnancy which surprised a lot of viewers.

And finally, upon returning to Japan, Yonghwa said that Seohyun suddenly had another craving, and it was none other than a hamburger!

So readers, what do you think of this? Well, personally I think that finally, we could see some changes in Seohyun! Change for the better? I bet she did! And Yong Hwa, it is nice to see you caring for your wife. And by the way, congratulations on your first child! YongSeo couple, fighting!

Leave your comments below. And show some love for the couple!



Annonymous:

How I miss the goguma couple! Seohyun craving for hamburger is way too cute!

GogumaWannabe:

First of all, I would like to wish the YongSeo couple, many many congratulations to you! And to Yong, please be patient. Pregnant women needs lots of care from the husbands. You'll do great! Fighting!

Anonymous:

Seohyun craving for goguma ice cream? So her! Hamburgers? What a surprise! But isn't hamburgers good? Seohyun, fighting! Yong seobang, fighting!


Yonghwa grinned as he passed Minhyuk's handphone over to Seohyun. Her eyes quickly scanned the screen. Not for long, her lips formed into a smile. The couple looked over to Minhyuk who was grinning in pride.

"You did well Minhyuk-ah." Yonghwa praised.

"Of course I did. But I did not do it for you." Minhyuk said as he nodded at Seohyun. "It's for Seohyun."

"Ah! But too bad for you, she's my wife. Whatever you do for her, you do it for me too." Yonghwa replied smirking causing Minhyuk to frown irritatedly.

"Enough you two." Seohyun said, smiling. "Minhyuk-ah, thank you so much. And I'm sorry for throwing you and Junshin out of the house earlier."

"No worries on that. We're immuned to that." Minhyuk said as he jokingly pointed over to Yonghwa.

"You threw them out of the house before?" Seohyun looked over to her husband, gaping.

"It was long time ago. They came back late one night, so I just don't bother to let them into the dorm." Yonghwa shrugged.

"Kids, dinner's ready!" Mrs Jung called out as she and Jonghyun carried trays of steaks into the dining room. Jungshin on the other hand were already standing beside the table grinning.

"Wow! When did you prepare this ommoni?" Seohyun wobbled her way through towards the table with a wide grin on her face.

"Well, it wasn't me who prepared the meal." Mrs Jung replied. "Minhyuk did."

Yonghwa and Seohyun turned to look at Minhyuk in awe. "Minhyuk-ah! Daebak!" Yonghwa exclaimed.

"Hm... Smells good! Shall we eat?" Seohyun asked as Yonghwa helped her to get into her seat.

"Pregnant woman's hungry! Hurry! Before she throws us out again!" Jungshin teased.

"I'm sorry Jungshin-ah. I promise it won't happen again." Seohyun smiled, really not bothered with his constant teasings.

"Yah! Enough of that." Yonghwa glared at Jungshin causing the younger man to cower.

Finally after being scolded by Mrs Jung herself, the four men settled down at the dining table, ready to have dinner. Seohyun reached out to hold Yonghwa's hand under the table and gave it a light squeeze. Yonghwa looked at her and smiled. That was the only thing she needed at this moment, his smile