Princess

Prequel Set - Uri Sarang Bit (Our Love Light)

Princess

Month: 6
Week: 22


It was a blissful Sunday morning. Seohyun was up early and busied herself in the kitchen, preparing breakfast. She had even cleaned the house and did the laundry. It was afterall a sunny and peaceful Sunday. Her heart felt light and her emotions were soaring up high. She was definitely feeling very content.

When she was done with making breakfast, Seohyun rushed to her room to see if her husband had awakened or not. She smiled to see Yonghwa still sleeping soundly and had no intention of waking up so soon. She decided to let him sleep a little longer.

She danced her way through the corridors of her house in her pink satin nightgown, like an angel who descended on Earth to create happiness. Her footsteps were light and they stopped in front of a closed white coloured door, with paintings of rainbows and flowers on it. Seohyun grinned excitedly as she opened the door and peeked in.

Seohyun was greeted by the bright and cooling colours of the room. The blue ceiling and pink walls made her feel calm. The nursery was practically ready, just waiting for the arrival of the baby, which will come soon enough.

Seohyun waltzed around the room, allowing her hands to brush against the baby cot and smoothness of the soft mattress in the cot. Seohyun smiled before shifting her hands to caress her stomach.

"Darling, omma's in your room right now." Seohyun whispered, smiling. "I can just feel your presence here."

Seohyun walked over to the cupboard, opening it, and pulled out two pieces of photographs from the ultrasound scanning she did a few days ago to find out the gender of her baby. She held in her breath as she continued to look at the photos, the silhouette pictures of her baby in her womb. She giggled. She could still remember how Yonghwa had jumped for joy when Doctor Kim told them that they were going to be proud parents of a little baby girl.

Seohyun grinned. Indeed she could feel the happiness surrounding her the moment she knew that she was going to give birth to a daughter, not just a daughter, but a princess Yonghwa had said. It was indeed a very happy moment for the both of them.

******

"Can you believe it Hyun, we're going to be parents soon!" Yonghwa exclaimed, the moment they stepped out of Doctor Kim's private clinic.

"Aigoo... I've known that eversince I've had my morning sickness." Seohyun grinned.

"That time, we were still unaware of our baby's gender. Now that we know! Aish! I'm so excited!" Yonghwa said as he grasped her hand and kissed it tenderly. "Komawo Hyun-ah, sinchia komawo."

Seohyun laughed, enjoying the attention Yonghwa was giving her. "Let's think of a name for our daughter shall we?"

"Yes! Let's do that together!" Yonghwa beamed proudly as he held Seohyun's hand tight, walking down the road home together.

******

"It's a nice day don't you think?" Yonghwa asked as he fed himself the last mouthful of rice.

"Ne. Do you have plans today?" Seohyun asked, watching her husband finished his breakfast.

"I was thinking of going for a picnic in the park later." Yonghwa said. "It's good for pregnant mothers to enjoy the fresh air once in a while you know. How about it?"

Seohyun puckered her lips, thinking. "Hm, it's a great idea actually."

Yonghwa clapped his hands together. "Ahrasso! It's a date then!"

Seohyun laughed. "What do you mean a date? It is always us together."

"Wae? Is it wrong for me to say we're going for a date in the park? When our daughter comes along, it'll be difficult to spend some time alone together, what more to go on dates. So let's just treat all our time together alone as dates, while we still can."

"Ahrasso." Seohyun grinned as she stood up to start clearing the table.

"I will clear the table later." Yonghwa stopped her. "And I will prepare the food for the picnic. You just go and rest."

"Aniyo yeobo!" Seohyun said. "Let me do it."

"Shiro. You put the plates down, I'll do it."

"Let me do it. It'll be boring if I just sit outside and rest..."

"Then go and write your kid's story or kid's song then."

"Andwae. I want to help you..." Seohyun whined.

"Shiro. You did enough already. You prepare breakfast, did the laundry and you even cleaned the house. That's tiring." Yonghwa's face was stern. He seriously did not expect Seohyun to be doing so much work on a Sunday when he was still in bed. That was his job to do since she was already in the sixth month of pregnancy. He really did not want anything to happen which could hurt her or their baby.

Upon looking at Yonghwa's expression and hearing his serious tone, Seohyun nodded her head. Her pout was definitely visible on her lips. "Ahrasso."

"That's a good girl." Yonghwa said smiling as he watched Seohyun walked out of the kitchen with a hunched back.

******

It was around 3 p.m. in the afternoon when Yonghwa and Seohyun reached the park which was situated just a few blocks away from their house. The park was quiet and calm, just the way Seohyun liked it.

The couple walked hand in hand until they stopped near a shady grass patch overlooking a lake, where they could see a few ducks and a couple of swans swimming freely. Yonghwa then laid out a mat on the grass. Seohyun took off her shoes and stepped on the mat lightly before sitting down. Yonghwa did the same and sat down beside her while arranging their picnic basket which was ladened with food and drinks on the mat as well.

"Aigoo... There's way too much food for us." Seohyun sighed shaking her head. "It's going to be wasted."

"Ani. I'm sure it'll finish fast." Yonghwa told her as he threw his gaze towards the open lake.

"Eyy? You're going to eat it all up?"

"Ani. But you'll see." Yonghwa gave a wink.

"Aish sinchia... I don't understand you." Seohyun laughed.

Yonghwa watched as Seohyun threw her head back and laughed. He could not help but thought that Seohyun was the most beautiful woman in the world and how lucky he was to marry her. Then he noticed the few favourite things he loved about Seohyun, the sparkling eyes of hers that he was never tired of looking. That pouty lips of hers that he was never tired of kissing. That soft delicate hands of hers, he was never tired of holding, the way she caressed his hair, his face, with full of love and concern. That long, sweet-scented hair of hers, he was never tired of touching, never tired of smelling. Those things which belonged to Seohyun were pratically his life. His life depended on them too much.

There was a time when Seohyun decided to spend a night at Yoona's place together with some of her unnies, for a girls' night sleepover. It was the most horrible night for Yonghwa. Even though physically and verbally he gave her the permission to go, but emotionally he was unable to let go of her. He could still remember how he tossed and turned in his bed that night, unable to sleep. His hands kept touching her side of the bed, even though he knew she was not there. And after that incident, he never allowed his Hyun out for the night again even though she was with someone who was able to keep her safe.

Yonghwa chuckled at his silliness, causing Seohyun to turn to look at him. She grinned. "Wae? Something funny?" She asked, tilting her head to one side.

"Ani, I'm just thinking how lucky I am to have met you..." Yonghwa told her, as he lowered his head down on her lap, laying down. He looked up into her face and smiled.

"We're both lucky to meet each other." Seohyun said as she her husband's hair tenderly. "We're fated to meet in the first place. I still remember that first time I met you."

"Me too." Yonghwa held up his hand and caressed Seohyun's cheek. "The moment I saw you, I felt my heart bursting with emotions. And I believe, it's love at first sight!"

"Aigoo... You guys made me confused on our first date!" Seohyun giggled. "I really thought Jungshin was my husband."

"But you chose me remember? With that Keroro blanket? You made the correct choice!" Yonghwa exclaimed as he grinned sheepishly.

"Eyyy!" Seohyun blushed, hitting him lightly on the shoulder. Yonghwa smiled as he continued to look at his wife's facial expression. Seohyun had her eyes closed, enjoying the light breeze.

Yonghwa brought his eyes down slowly towards her belly which was just right beside his head. He turned his body to the side and had his hand on her stomach, caressing it lightly. He was amazed to know that his baby girl was in there, living, breathing. Yonghwa leaned forward and kissed Seohyun's stomach over her pink cardigan. Seohyun smiled. She loved watching an affectionate Yonghwa.

"I love you." Seohyun said Yonghwa's cheek lovingly.

"I love you too. Forever." Yonghwa replied, sitting up and kissed her lips softly, passionately. There were no one else in the park, only them.

"Are you guys kissing?!"

Yonghwa and Seohyun broke apart to see a boy, about the age of four, looking at them with curiosity in his eyes. There was something familiar about him, with his dreamy eyes and his perfectly pouted lips, wavy brown hair...

"Aigoo! Jaebum-ah!" Seohyun exclaimed, standing up quickly, holding out her hands to the boy.

"Imo Seohyun!" Jaebum ran into Seohyun's embrace, grinning excitedly.

"How come you're here?" Seohyun held the boy out an arm's length to look at him closely. "Are you lost?"

"No he isn't. He's here with us!" Seohyun looked up to see Hyoyeon smirking at her. She was walking hand-in-hand with her husband Kim Junsu.

"Unnie!" Seohyun squealed. "How come you're here?"

"Well, ask him. He told us to come over." Hyoyeon pouted her lips towards Yonghwa who stood up as well to greet their friends.

"Yeobo-ya! You invited them?" Seohyun looked at Yonghwa questioningly.

"Ne. It's fun to be with friends in the park, playing together." Yonghwa said as he lifted Jaebum up onto his shoulders.

"Aigoo... I did not expect this." Seohyun went towards Hyoyeon and gave her a hug. Her eyes started tearing up.

"Aish sinchia! No crying today okay?" Hyoyeon warned her. "I've heard a lot of stories from Yonghwa about you and your tears. I was so worried."

"You'd better listen to her Seohyun-ah." Junsu said.

"Don't scare her will you." Hyoyeon pat her husband's arm lightly, laughing as she did so.

"Don't worry oppa. I've lived with her for a few good years. I'm immune to her style." Seohyun said, smiling again.

"And we're immune to your style too!" Tiffany and Taeyeon exclaimed appearing out of nowhere, walking towards the group. They hopped onto the picnic mat excitedly and straight away went over to Seohyun to give her a hug as well.

"Taeng unnie! Fany unnie!" Seohyun was awed. "You're here too?"

"Not just us," Taeyeon told her. "But the whole family's here too."

And true enough, Seohyun saw Tiffany's husband, Song Joongki, and Taeyeon's husband, Park Taehwan, together with their children walking towards them. Baby Kibum was in Joongki's arms whereas Taehwan was holding on tight to his playful twin girls, Yoonhee and Yoonah. Seohyun squealed excitedly as she hugged her nieces and nephew.

Yonghwa slid next to Seohyun and planted a kiss on her cheek. "Surprise!"

"Yeobo! What is this?" Seohyun asked.

"Just a family day, together with our friends. You like it don't you?"

"I love it! How exciting!" Seohyun grinned as she returned a kiss on her husband's cheek.

It was totally a surprising afternoon for Seohyun. Her unnies were here with her in the park, together with their own families. It made Seohyun even happier. She was able to chat together with her unnies, sharing her pregnancy stories with them, about the nursery, her cravings and of course not forgetting the baby photographs from her ultrasound scan.

The wives started to squeal in excitement the moment they looked at the photos which Seohyun had brought. The husbands on the other hand were busy talking about sports which include swimming (because there was an international swimmer amongst them) and soccer. The rest of the children were playing among themselves, running around the park whereas baby Kibum was fast asleep in Tiffany's arms.

"Let's play water gun? How about it?" Joongki suddenly voiced out. He had a very sly expression on his face.

"Water gun? I'm on!" Junsu grinned. "But where to get the water guns?"

"I have them in the car." Joongki told them, receiving a two thumbs up from Junsu.

"But I did not bring any extra clothes." Taehwan said, his face looking worried. "I don't think Taeyeon packed any."

"Who cares? I didn't bring any extra clothes either!" Junsu said.

"It doesn't matter. Are you in or not?" Joongki asked again. Taehwan nodded in agreement. "Yonghwa, you?"

"I'm cool with it. But we cannot play too near to them." Yonghwa pointed to the wives. "Seohyun might get wet."

"Of course! You think I want my son to get wet too?" Joongki gave Yonghwa a playful pat on his shoulder.

"Alright! Joongki-ah, go get the stuff!" Junsu said with his Satoori accent causing the other males to laugh.

******

"What are they up to now?" Tiffany asked as she squinted her eyes towards the husbands who were whispering animatedly.

"Hm, they look as if they're planning something." Seohyun said as she pouted her lips.

"Whatever they're planning, it must be my husband's idea." Tiffany said knowingly,

"Aigoo. It must be something fun then!" Hyoyeon shook her head. "Look at the way Junsu oppa's grinning.

"Let them be. As long as we're able to chat among us." Taeyeon said as she took out a banana from one of the picnic baskets and started munching on it.

Seohyun and her unnies started to unpack the food which they had prepared from home and called their children over to eat. The husbands were suddenly nowhere to be seen.

******

Joongki shouted excitedly, as he ran through the park, passing the wives who were enjoying the picnic snacks, while holding a water rifle in his hands. Soon, Yonghwa was seen, his clothes half-wet, trying to hide himself behind a tree. He too was holding a water gun in his hands.

"What are they doing with the water guns?" Hyoyeon asked, her expression surprised.

"I think they're playing. That's what I do with Joongki oppa when we go out to the park." Tiffany said, nodding her head. Her hands were busy patting baby Kibum gently.

"Bo? Aren't there many people in the park?" Taeyeon gaped. "You guys are crazy."

Tiffany grinned slyly. "The parks we usually go to, are very remote. So there's not many people."

"Jeongmal? Then you guys just spray water at each other?" Seohyun was getting very curious.

"Well, we play tag and we do spray water on each other. A lot, I tell you." Tiffany shrugged. "And we tend to get excited, then we kissed, you know the usual stuff."

"Ommo! Don't tell me..." Hyoyeon held her hand on , a knowing look in her eyes.

"You guys make out? In the park?!" Taeyeon exclaimed in horror. Suddenly the park was quiet, even the husbands stopped in their little game for a while as all eyes were trained on Taeyeon. Joongki grinned sheepishly before aiming his water rifle towards Junsu who was busy paying attention to the wives' conversation.

"Sssh! Unnie! You want to tell the whole world?" Tiffany lowered her voice down, suddenly feeling a bit embarrased. Baby Kibum stirred but did not wake up. "We didn't do it the park for goodness sake! What if fans saw us? We're dead!"

"Then?" This time, it was Seohyun who asked.

"Well, there's a reason we have a car don't we?" Tiffany smirked.

"Aigoo. This is so wrong. I can't continue to hear it!" Taeyeon shook her head as if trying to shake out everything that she heard earlier. Seohyun and Hyoyeon laughed.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, a squirt of water landed onto Taeyeon's head, causing her to shriek out loud. All eyes turned to see her daughter, Yoonhee holding a water gun and had aimed it at her mother. She gave a toothy grin and quickly ran towards her father and her twin sisters who were laughing excitedly.

"I'm going to get you Yoonhee-ah!" Taeyeon exclaimed, laughing, as she chased after her daughters and her husband.

Hyoyeon grinned. "I'm going to look for Junsu oppa and Jaebummie before they go and shoot me with water!" The dancing queen got up and started running around the park, but not long before she was found by her husband and son and they too started shooting water at her.

"Hyunnie-ah, take care of Kibum for me, I'll be right back." Tiffany handed her sleeping baby towards Seohyun, who accepted it right away.

"You're not getting yourself wet and going to the car aren't you?" Seohyun asked, grinning mischievously.

"Aish! Sinchia! No such thoughts right now!" Tiffany grinned before running towards her husband to grab the water rifle from his hand.

Soon, the three families started shooting water at each other as if they were in a war zone. But they were careful enough not to shoot water near their picnic mat. Seohyun just smiled and laughed as she watched her unnies and their families having fun.

"Are you happy?" Yonghwa whispered into her ear from behind. He had hid himself pretty well from the other water gun holders before he managed to sneak up towards Seohyun.

"Aish! Sinchia! You scare me." Seohyun gasped, holding a hand up to her chest. She turned her head to look at Yonghwa and frowned.

"Sorry." Yonghwa grinned.

"Aigoo! You're wet." Seohyun shook her head in dismay as she took in Yonghwa's dishevelled state.

Yonghwa shrugged. "Oh! Kibum's here! Can I hold him?"

"Andwae. Let him sleep." Seohyun warned as she pat Kibum gently. "You're wet anyway. He'll catch a cold if you were to hold him.

"Ahrasso. Then just let me look at him." Yonghwa pouted as he latch his chin onto Seohyun's shoulder, looking at Kibum who was still sound asleep.

"Ours will definitely be a princess anyway." Yonghwa mumbled.

******

It was almost dusk when the families started to pack up to go home. The children were quickly changed into dry clothes so as not to catch a cold. Even Tiffany had changed into something dry before holding out her hands towards baby Kibum who was crying the moment he woke up. He had woken up to see the unfamiliar faces of Seohyun and Yonghwa which scared him ultimately.

The minute he was in his mother's arms, his cries stopped immediately and Seohyun gave a clap of amusement.

"Wah! That was fast!" Seohyun had said, her eyes wide.

"He is able to recognize people already. His caretaker and us." Joongki said as he planted a kiss on Kibum's forehead.

"Ne. He'll cry if he sees anyone unfamiliar carrying him." Tiffany added smiling.

"Aigoo. We have a lot to learn." Yonghwa sighed.

"Don't worry, as time goes by, you'll know and understand." Junsu pat Yonghwa on the shoulder. "We had to learn too when we first had Jaebum."

"Yeah. The learning process is the best, believe me." Hyoyeon smiled assuringly.

"You'll learn from your mistakes, we all did." Taehwan spoke up, giving an encouraging smile towards Yonghwa and Seohyun.

"Fighting!" Taeyeon held out a hand in front of them in mid-air. Slowly, everybody started to understand and they too held out theirs. After everybody (including Jaebum, Yoonhee and Yoonah) had placed their hands in on top of each other's, and all of them started to cheer...

"FIGHTING!"

With her unnies encouragement and her friends' support, Seohyun smiled, feeling even happier than before.

******

"Yeobo-ya..." Seohyun whispered out into the darkness.

"Hm?" Yonghwa replied with his eyes closed. He pulled Seohyun closer to his chest, hugging her from behind as they lied down on bed, ready to sleep.

"Thank you for today. I had fun." Seohyun said as she snuggled up into her husband's embrace.

"It was nothing. The main thing is you enjoyed yourself." Yonghwa told her. "Especially after the hard time you've been through, the cravings especially."

"I know. But you know what, everything stopped the moment I saw our daughter on the ultrasound scanning screen. That really made me happy."

"Me too. I'm really, really happy Hyun-ah." Yonghwa said, kissing her neck.

"Yeobo. I think I know what to name our princess." Seohyun turned her face a little towards her husband.

"Hm, when did you think of the name?"

"Just now, while watching them playing water guns."

Yonghwa laughed. "Okay, tell me."

Seohyun took a deep breath. "Jung..."

"Jung?" Yonghwa squinted his eyes a little to study Seohyun's face through the darkness.

"Jung Ha-Na." Seohyun whispered excitedly.

"Jung Ha-Na?"

"Ne. Jung Ha-Na. What do you think?"

"Hm, Jung Ha-Na... I love it! It's cute!" Yonghwa said grinning. "Fit for a princess..."

"I thought so too..."

The cool night air brushed against their skins as they allowed sleep to claim them. They dreamt of a future together, a future they would learn to enjoy, together with a certain Jung Ha-Na.