Another Variety? Part I

Prequel Set - Uri Sarang Bit (Our Love Light)

Prequel Set 6 - Another Variety? Part I

Month 6
Week 24


"I would like to invite you to do a reality program with us again."

Yonghwa and Seohyun gaped. It was truly an unexpected proposal.

******

It was around 7.30pm in the evening when the doorbell to the Jung household rang. Yonghwa who was helping his pregnant wife, Seohyun, in the kitchen came running out to greet whoever was at the door. He thought it might be one of his CNBlue brothers as they were the only ones who would come to his house without telling him in advance. To them, their hyung's house was like a second dorm where they could chill and relax without being shy or embarassed.

Yonghwa grinned as he opened the door but only to be greeted by a half-bald headed man with a toothy smile. Yonghwa frowned. It was not the people he had expected.

"Annyohaesayo." The man greeted, bowing.

"Ye, annyohaesayo." Yonghwa replied as he too gave a bow to the man. "Um, may I help you?"

"Jung Yonghwa-ssi, it's been a long time. You don't recognize me do you?" The man asked, grinning.

Yonghwa scratched the back of his head. He really had no idea who the man was. "I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember. Have we met before?"

"Ah... It really has been a long time. I'm Kim Kanghee. We worked together during your 'We Got Married' filmings a few years ago." The man introduced himself. His eyes were cheerful and he looked really pleased to see Yonghwa.

"Kanghee-ssi? PD-nim?" Yonghwa's expression was suddenly bright. "Aigoo! I almost can't recognize you just now!"

Kanghee laughed. "I know you didn't, it's because of the hair isn't it?" Kanghee said.

"Aniyo. I'm sorry. Please come in." Yonghwa held out his hand and both men exchanged warm handshake. Yonghwa led Kanghee in and motioned for him to take a seat on the sofa.

"Yeobo-ya!" Seohyun called out from the kitchen. "Is it Jungshin chingoo? Or Jonghyun oppa?"

Yonghwa gave an embarassed cough. "Kanghee-ssi, please make yourself at home. I'll be back soon." Yonghwa excused himself and went into the kitchen to inform Seohyun of the guest.

"Hyun-ah!" Yonghwa whispered when he got close to Seohyun who was busy washing the dishes.

"Ah, wae? Why are you whispering?" Seohyun replied back in a whisper as well. Her eyes filled with amusement.

"Ani. It's neither Jungshin nor Jonghyun waiting outside." Yonghwa told her. Seohyun opened to retort but Yonghwa cut her in, "And it's not Minhyuk as well."

"Ah, sinchia? Then who is it?"

"It's Kanghee-ssi!" Yonghwa said, nodding his head.

"Kanghee-ssi? Sounds familiar." Seohyun pursed her lips.

"Kanghee-ssi! Our PD from WGM!" Yonghwa finally allowed himself to tell Seohyun, who portrayed a shocked expression as well.

"Sinchia?"

"Sinchia! And he's bald now!" Yonghwa grinned.

"Aigoo! You're so bad!" Seohyun returned the grin.

"He's at the living room now." Yonghwa said. "Make him something to drink. I'll be with him."

"Ahrasso." Seohyun watched as her husband stepped out of the kitchen. She quickly busied herself in making drinks for their guest.

******

"It's been so long! I'm so happy to see the two of you married for real!" Kanghee exclaimed, grinning wide.

"Ah? Gamsahamida." Seohyun replied, nodding her head politely.

"Aigoo! Seohyun-ssi is still the same." Kanghee looked at her fondly. He had always thought Seohyun as one of the most polite idol he had ever met. "Except for the round tummy of course."

"Ne." Seohyun beamed.

"Um, so what brings you here?" Yonghwa asked as he took a sip from his apple juice which Seohyun had graciously prepared.

"Well, you must have thought that I am intruding your personal space, and I am really sorry for that." Kanghee started. "But I have a proposal which I really hope that you won't reject."

Yonghwa and Seohyun looked over at Kanghee with curious expression. "What is it Kanghee-ssi?" Seohyun questioned him gently.

Kanghee took a deep breath and said, "I would like you to do a reality program for us again."

Yonghwa and Seohyun gaped. It was truly an unexpected proposal.

"Ne?" Yonghwa frowned.

"What do you mean?" Seohyun asked quickly.

"Okay, let me explain it to you first." Kanghee said. "This is actually going to be a documentary variety-reality show about pregnancy. Instead of just doing a boring documentary about pregnancy, I would like to do a documentary mixed with a bit of variety and reality, meaning I would like to have you both filmed of your pregnancy days while explaining to viewers the beauty of pregnancy."

Yonghwa and Seohyun looked at Kanghee with surprised expression. They were unsure on how to respond to him.

"So what do you think?" Kanghee asked as he clasped his hands together. His eyes danced merrily as he looked over at Yonghwa and Seohyun.

"I'm not sure, really, and I'm no longer an idol, I have not much popularity left, so I don't think this would work." Seohyun said, shaking her head.

Kanghee gasped in response. "Who says you're no longer popular? You're Seo Joohyun, a well-known author of children's stories and a popular composer for our children's songs! An ex member of the very popular group SNSD, a very popular idol! And guess what, people still remember you!" Kanghee told her, his eyes dancing with amusement. "And you know something, fans and netizens all around the world are still watching your episodes of WGM on our special WGM website! You're still remembered Seohyun-ssi!"

Seohyun gaped, still not able to believe the words which were coming out of Kanghee's mouth.

"And you Jung Yonghwa-ssi. You're an awesome composer! Every hit songs that I've heard of recently are mostly composed by you! You're still as popular as you were previously. And CNBlue is still alive! People won't forget this forever talented band!" Kanghee praised.

"Well, you think too highly of us." Yonghwa said, smiling sheepishly. He had his hand grasping onto Seohyun's.

"Ani. It's the truth." Kanghee nodded. "So how about it? Would you like to give it another shot? Relishing your WGM memories?"

Yonghwa looked at Seohyun, searching her eyes. She looked a bit reluctant but there were still flicker of curiosity in her expression. But Yonghwa knew better.

"Well Kanghee-ssi. We can't give you a straight answer now." Yonghwa told him. "Give us time to think about it."

"Hm, don't worry, I've expected you to say that anyway." Kanghee smiled, his eyes showing a bit of disappointment. "But nonetheless, thank you for listening me out. Here's my card. Do give me a call soon." Kanghee held out a namecard towards Yonghwa who accepted politely.

"Ah, ne. Thank you." Yonghwa bowed. Seohyun followed suit. "I will surely get back to you."

"Well, I believe I've said what I have to say." Kanghee grinned as he stood up. "So, I'll make a move first."

"Ah, ne. We'll see you out." Yonghwa replied.

Yonghwa and Seohyun stood up as well as the two of them led Kanghee to the door. They watched as the man put on his shoes.

"Anyway, how far are you along?" Kanghee asked as he motioned to Seohyun's stomach.

Seohyun smiled proudly. "Six months. Coming to seven soon."

"And ours is a girl!" Yonghwa added as he pulled Seohyun into a side-hug. Kanghee smiled. He was really touched to see the love and closeness of the two people in front of him as he was of course, one of those people who made them meet in the first place and fate does the rest.

Kanghee bid goodbye to the couple and left.

******

Yonghwa was lying down on the bed, reading the book, leaning against the head board, while Seohyun was busy combing her hair in front of her dressing table. Both of them were trying to put their full concentration on the things which they were doing currently. They remained quiet, at the same time thinking of what Kanghee had said earlier.

Suddenly, their eyes met through Seohyun's dressing table's mirror. They smiled and immediately stopped whatever they were doing. Seohyun climbed onto the bed, straight into Yonghwa's waiting arms. His book thrown aside onto the side table.

"So how?" Yonghwa asked as he kissed the crown of Seohyun's head.

"You were thinking too?" Seohyun asked back, looking up into Yonghwa's peaceful eyes. She snuggled closer into his embrace.

"Ne. The conversation earlier with Kanghee is still playing on my mind." Yonghwa told Seohyun, his fingers playing with the ends of her hair. "It's quite a tempting offer."

"Ne. I know." Seohyun nodded, sighing. "If we were to do it, it's going to be like before, our filming of We Got Married days."

"Yes. It's nice to remember, don't you think?" Yonghwa smiled. "Even with the cameras around us, it's so nice just to be with you."

"Ne. I always look forward to our filming days." Seohyun replied, turning her head to kiss Yonghwa's jaw. "You're the first man to enter my heart. And the last."

"Sinchia?" Yonghwa chuckled before sighing. "So how now? It's a good chance to relish our past moments."

Seohyun nodded but her long pout gave her answer away and Yonghwa understood her extremely well. "But it'll evade our privacy."

"Yes love." Yonghwa grinned. "So we're dismissing it?"

Seohyun sighed again. "Yes, please."

"Ahrasso. I'll tell Kanghee tomorrow." Yonghwa told her, grinning.

"It's just, I want just us to go through this together, as in just us, you and me and our baby. Not put on a poker face in front of the camera and pretend everything's going smoothly." Seohyun babbled causing Yonghwa to laughed out loud.

"You don't want people to see the scary side of you during your pregnancy isn't it? Like the time we went to Japan?" Yonghwa teased.

"Yeobo!" Seohyun glared at her husband. Her fingers were fast in pinching his waist causing him to yelped out in pain.

"Ahrasso, ahrasso. Mianhe!"

"You better stop teasing me." Seohyun folded her arms and pouted. Her nose flared slightly causing Yonghwa to grinned wider.

"Ahrasso." Yonghwa tilted Seohyun's face towards him and rest his forehead on hers. "I'm just joking okay. I love you."

"Okay." Seohyun replied softly as she leaned in to kiss Yonghwa firmly on the lips.

******

The next day, Yonghwa gathered up the courage to give in a call to Kim Kanghee to inform him of his and Seohyun's decision. Of course, Kanghee was disappointed that the YongSeo couple turned down his offer.

"Okay, then let me give you another proposal. Please, I hope you'll accept it." Kanghee pleaded.

Yonghwa sighed. He was not sure where this would lead him next. "Okay, what is it?" Yonghwa finally asked.

"Actually we have found an alternative couple to do this program with us, in case you guys rejected our offer, which you did anyway." Kanghee said. "So, all I ask is that you and Seohyun make a visit to our selected couple on one of their filming days just to share with them your experience during your pregnancy period. They are in their early pregnancy stage, so you could offer them some tips during the process. So you'll act as their guest, only for one episode. Is it okay?"

Yonghwa was thinking quietly. Kanghee's offer this time was somewhat reasonable. Yonghwa felt guilty for rejecting his offer earlier. To reject it the second time, it was really heartless. It would not hurt to appear in just one episode right?

"Okay. I accept." Yonghwa said, somewhat uncertainly. He still had yet to discuss about this with Seohyun. He sighed. "Still, it's because of you, Seohyun and I are now happily married. Somehow you're the one who arranged for us to be a couple. For that, I thank you."

"Hah! I've known all along, you'll be real one day!" Kanghee exclaimed, laughing. "Anyway, thank you Yonghwa-ya! Thank you so much!"

Yonghwa laughed nervously. He needed to inform Seohyun soon. "May I know who's the other couple? Husband and wife as well?"

"Well, of course! But she's three months pregnant." Kanghee told him.

"Sinchia? Are they someone we know?"

"Well, you might. He was one of the host in WGM. Jinwoon-ssi." Kanghee said.

"Oh! Jinwoonie? You mean Nicole-ssi's pregnant now? Wow!" Yonghwa exclaimed. He knew Jinwoon had married Nicole a year after his and Seohyun's marriage. They attended Jinwoon's wedding of course! But it had been so long since they last contacted each other. Each of them busy with family life and with their personal work.

"Yeah. So now, they'll be in the program, We Are Expecting!. I will contact you later on the details okay?"

"Okay. Catch you later." Yonghwa smiled as he put down the phone. Now the only thing he needed to do was to tell Seohyun of their decision; technically his decision. He thought he would be having a hard time explaining to Seohyun. But it turned out that she did not mind appearing in the program for just an episode. And she was actually excited to know that they were going to be guests to her old friend, Jinwoon and his wife, Nicole. Yonghwa was indeed relieved.

******


Month 6
Week 26


"Did Kanghee-ssi give you the right address?" Seohyun asked. She watched as her husband parked their car into an empty parking lot just beside a tall apartment building.

"Of course love. We're here finally!" Yonghwa grinned. He exited the car and quickly walked to over to open the car door for Seohyun to help her out of the car.

"Komawo Yeobo-ya." Seohyun tilted her head and smiled sheepishly. Her aegyo dropping simultaneously.

"Aigoo! Why do you have to be so cute even when you're pregnant?" Yonghwa laughed as he planted a kiss on her chubby cheek.

Seohyun grinned. "Don't forget the gifts."

"Ahrasso. Wait for me." Yonghwa retrieved a neatly wrapped package from the backseat before locking the car. Then he walked over to Seohyun whom immediately grabbed his arm and together they walked towards the lobby of the apartment.

"Annyohaesayo! Yonghwa-ssi? Seohyun-ssi?" A man wearing a bright yellow cap greeted them. "I am Dongwook, Mr Kim's assistant. He told me to wait for you here."

"Annyohaesayo." Yonghwa and Seohyun greeted.

"Mr Kim is expecting you. Shall we go up?"

"Ah, ne. Let's go." Yonghwa replied as he pulled Seohyun to him and followed the man towards the elevator.

"Have they started filming?" Seohyun asked.

"Ne. They are just waiting for their guests to arrive." Dongwook answered, smiling nervously. Seohyun noticed.

"Do you know us?" Seohyun asked again as the three of them entered the elevator.

"Ne. I was your fan during your WGM days." Dongwook replied, his head bowed low.

"Ah sinchia?" Yonghwa grinned.

"I was really hoping for the two of you to really end up together. And you did!" Dongwook said excitedly. "I was very happy when you announced that you were going out for real."

"Oh? Gamsahamnida..." Seohyun said.

"Seohyun-ssi is very pretty. You look even prettier when you're pregnant here." Dongwook told her shyly.

"Ah, really? Gamsahamnida." Seohyun bowed her head.

"Yeah, she's pretty because she's my wife." Yonghwa added causing Seohyun to frown at his childishness.

"Don't mind him. He's a choding." Seohyun whispered to Dongwook who grinned wide.

"Ya!" Yonghwa glared playfully at his wife who was laughing out uncontrollably.

Finally the elevator door opened at the tenth floor. Dongwook stepped out first, leading the couple. There was a cameraman and another staff waiting just outside the elevator and the cameraman started filming Yonghwa and Seohyun the moment they stepped out.

"Annyohaesayo." Yonghwa and Seohyun greeted the staff and the cameraman. "Ah, should we ring the bell?"

"Ne." Dongwook said.

Yonghwa pressed the bell and both of them waited for a few minutes before the door swung open showing Jinwoon in his orange shirt and jeans. He looked shocked for a moment before smiling wide.

"Aigoo! So you're our guests for today!" Jinwoon exclaimed. He was looking very excited to see his old friends and so were Yonghwa and Seohyun.

"Jinwoon-ah! How are you man?" Yonghwa shook Jinwoon's hand and gave him a manly one arm hug.

"I'm great!" Jinwoon answered as he escorted the couple in. Then his eyes swayed over to Seohyun and he gave a slight chuckle. "Seohyunnie! You're getting big I see!"

"Aigoo. There's no need to remind me." Seohyun threw him a slit eyed stare, grinning at the same time.

Jinwoon led them to the living room where Yonghwa and Seohyun finally met with Kanghee and the rest of the crew. All of them greeted each other and the filming resumed.

"Where's Nicole?" Seohyun asked as she looked around.

"Ah, she's in the toilet." Jinwoon informed. "Eversince she's gotten pregnant, she loves visiting the toilet frequently. It's quite irritating sometimes."

"Yeah, I know." Yonghwa added, earning a glare from Seohyun. "Anyway, here's a small gift from us." Yonghwa handed Jinwoon the gift which he and Seohyun had prepared.

"Aigoo. Komawoyo." Jinwoon smiled gratefully.

"It's herbal drinks. Good for pregnant women. I drink it too." Seohyun said, smiling.

"Daebak! You're still the same Seohyun-ah!" Jinwoon held up his two thumbs up.

"I was forced to drink one of those too." Yonghwa sighed, shaking his head.

"Aish! You know it's good for you!" Seohyun pat his shoulder lightly, causing Jinwoon to laugh.

"Omo! Our guests are here?" The three friends turned to see Nicole grinning wide at them.

"Ne, anniyohaesayo!" Yonghwa, Seohyun and Nicole greeted each other simultaneously.

"It's a nice surprise!" Nicole exclaimed as she hurried over towards Seohyun to give her a warm hug. "Seohyun-ah, how far are you along?"

"Coming to seven soon! What about you?"

"Three, coming to four soon!" Nicole said.

The filming went on smoothly. Yonghwa, Seohyun, Jinwoon and Nicole started exchanging stories of the first time they got to know of the pregnancy, what were their feelings they felt during that time, how was their reactions, what the things they started to prepare and so on.

"Jinwoon actually fainted when I told him I was pregnant!" Nicole said.

Seohyun laughed out, unable to imagine the situation. "Ommo! Sichia?"

"Ne!"

"Wae? I was shocked that time!" Jinwoon grinned, bowing his head in embarassment. The two pregnant ladies continue laughing and spazzing about babies and their husbands whereas Yonghwa and Jinwoon just looked at each other and shrugged.

"Actually, we received a mission earlier." Nicole said suddenly. Her eyes were trained on the pair of husbands sitting in front of her. Jinwoon sighed out loud the moment he heard the word mission from Nicole.

"Ah wae?" Yonghwa asked Jinwoon, who was now slouching.

"Let's hear it again from Nicole." Jinwoon told him.

"Ja-jann!" Nicole held out the mission envelope. She opened it up and started reading. "Today's mission. Husbands of the pregnant wives are to become chefs for the day. You are going to cook two types of healthy food fit for pregnant women. Ingredients are already prepared inside the fridge and kitchen cabinets. You are given only two hours to prepare the food. The pregnant wives are given the chance to relax and order your husbands around. Mission will start the moment the soon-to-be-fathers put on their aprons. Good luck husbands!"

Yonghwa had a shocked expression on his face and joined Jinwoon in the 'slouching mode'. Seohyun looked pretty happy about the mission, same goes for Nicole.

"So now we have to cook?" Yonghwa asked.

"Yes, we are." Jinwoon replied pouting.

"Fighting!" Seohyun cheered. "Pali! Get the aprons! I'm starting to get hungry!"

Soon, Seohyun and Nicole helped their husbands to put on the aprons and shoved the two guys into the kitchen. Yonghwa and Jinwoon turned to look at their wives with their cute pouts and sad expressions but Seohyun and Nicole just laughed it off and Nicole pulled Seohyun over to the couch to have some women talk. 

 

 

*Will update Prequel Set 6 Part II tomorrow! Weeeeeee!*

*Thank you so much to those who read and subscribe!* XD