Another Variety? Part 2

Prequel Set - Uri Sarang Bit (Our Love Light)

Another Variety? Part II

Seohyun was getting worried. Her eyes kept darting towards the kitchen entrance. The sounds of pots and pans clanging made her even nervous. She stole a glance at Nicole who was busy biting her fingernails. She had the same worried expression on her pretty face as well. She looked up to meet Seohyun's eyes causing both of them to chuckle simultaneously.

"Aigoo! What do you think they'll be cooking for us?" Nicole asked, leaning back against the living room couch.

"Hm, I'm not sure. Maybe something which is not that complicated? Maybe kimchi fried rice or sandwich?" Seohyun guessed, shrugging.

"The only think my husband knows how to cook is ramen." Nicole laughed.

"Ah sinchia?"

"Ne. What about Yonghwa?"

Seohyun smiled. "Well, he knows how to cook a number of things. Frankly, he's the one who taught me how to cook in the first place other than mum."

"No way!" Nicole stared at Seohyun with rounded eyes. She was unable to believe whatever she was hearing.

"Yes. He cooks well." Seohyun grinned even wider. She was feeling proud of her husband suddenly. It felt kind of nice to boast about her husband's ability to others.

"Wow! I envy you Seohyun-ah." Nicole pouted but could not help grinning.

Seohyun smiled, feeling very thankful suddenly. Her hands unconciously began rubbing her tummy. She could feel the light but playful kickings from her baby again, once in a while.

"Is the baby kicking you?" Nicole asked, her eyes fixed on Seohyun's hands.

Seohyun smiled wider. "Ne. Do you want to feel it?"

Nicole nodded and straight away sat closer beside Seohyun. Seohyun took her hand in hers and placed it on one side of her stomach. "Here. She's kicking rather strongly today."

"Aigoo! I can feel it!" Nicole exclaimed. Tears were forming in her eyes. It was such an unbelievable experience for her. "She's a girl isn't she?"

"Ne. Our princess."

"Wow! Such a strong kick from a girl!" Nicole grinned. "Have you two chosen names yet?"

"Ne. We've gotten a name for her." Seohyun nodded shyly.

"Sinchia?" Nicole looked over at Seohyun with a smile. "Care to share with me?"

Seohyun looked around at the filming crew before smiling slyly. She leaned into Nicole's ear and whispered, "I will only tell you this, but please don't say it out loud to the camera." Nicole nodded quickly. "Okay, it's Jung Hana."

Nicole faced Seohyun with an her lips shaped like an 'O'. "Ommo! Such a sweet name!"

"Sinchia?"

"Ne! I personally love it!" Nicole said, with a wide smile, her hands still grasping Seohyun's.

"Thank you. I hope you'll find a suitable name for your baby too." Seohyun smiled.

"I've written some names down. But I haven't gotten a chance to talk to Jinwoon about it."

"I'm sure he'll love the names you've chosen." Seohyun pat the latter's hands gently. Nicole nodded in understanding.

"Um, what else do you experience during your pregnancy?" Nicole asked as she too started to rub her stomach gently. "What are the kinds of things we could do which is good for the baby?"

"Well, there are a few things which I've read about. I do follow some of them." Seohyun started explaining bit by bit.

******

"Aigoo! Why is it so hard for me to do this?" Jinwoon asked as he tried to slice a tomato. "It's been so long since I last did cutting on a chopping board."

"Sinchia? Don't tell me you've never cooked for yourself during your idol days?" Yonghwa asked in shock.

"That's because we have Changmin hyung who was always ready to cook for us. I do help him sometimes." Jinwoon shrugged. "But most of the time when I tried to help, I will be sent out of the kitchen because Changmin hyung said I worked too slow."

Yonghwa laughed. "You should practice being in the kitchen more often Jinwoon-ah. Especially when Nicole's in her third trimester. You have to do more work."

"Third trimester? What is that?"

"Third trimester is when a pregnant woman reaches her 7th month of pregnancy. That is the critical period where the woman will depend much much more on her husband." Yonghwa explained. "Do you want your wife to continue doing the house work when she is during that period? All round in the stomach, difficult to move around freely, always having body aches and swollen feet?"

Jinwoon thought for a while before finally shaking his head. "It sounds quite tiring."

"Yes, it is tiring. That's why I am trying my best to help Seohyun in whatever ways I can." Yonghwa continued. "By doing all these, our wives would feel grateful and happy at least. So, if your wife is happy, the baby in her womb will feel happy as well. And when she's happy, you'd feel at ease."

"Wah! Now you're an expert on all this Yonghwa-ya!" Jinwoon pat Yonghwa's shoulder.

"I've experienced her pregnancy wrath before, and so I learn from my mistakes." Yonghwa said, his voice suddenly went down a few octaves lower. "And you should be aware too."

"Pregnancy wraths? What do you mean?"

"Aigoo. It's really scary I tell you." Yonghwa shivered a little. He was busy placing the tomato slices which Jinwoon had cut earlier in the sandwich he was making.

"Tell me! Pali!" Jinwoon urged his friend. His voice had also dropped into a whisper. He knew whatever Yonghwa was about to tell him should not be heard by their wives, especially Seohyun. But they had forgotten about the camera, which was fixed in the kitchen, recording every single conversation they were having.

"Well, there was one time she had the pregnancy craving. It was such a horrible experience for me." Yonghwa shook his head as he continued to tell Jinwoon the whole story, on how they travelled to Japan to get the sweet potato ice cream which Seohyun thought she craved but wasn't and then back to Seoul where she started having another weird craving about hamburger.

"Sinchia? Seohyun was like that?" Jinwoon had difficulty in believing. "But Seohyun's the most disciplined girl around! She never lets her emotions control her!"

"Once women are pregnant, they just lose their sense of control!" Yonghwa nodded his head.

"Aigoo. This is hard."

"You bet. I sure hope there'll be no other nonsense from her in the last two months or so." Yonghwa sighed. "Just be prepared Jinwoon-ah."

"Ahrasso. I will make sure to pay attention to what she wants then." Jinwoon said, grinning.

"Ja-jann! One meal done!" Yonghwa placed the sandwiches they had just made on a very presentable plate.

"Yah! We're great husbands!" Jinwoon praised. "Okay, what next?"

"Hm, let's do something simple. What about kimchi and vegetable fried rice?" Yonghwa suggested as he browsed through the remaining ingredients.

"Let's do kimchi fried rice and vegetable soup. It's more appetizing that way!" Jinwoon said, sharing his oppinion.

"Okay cool! Seohyun would love having some vegetable soup!"

"Nicole too! What should I do now?" Jinwoon asked.

"Cut the carrots for me first." Yonghwa said as he passed the carrots to Jinwoon.

"Aigoo! Cutting again?" Jinwoon pouted.

"Then would you like to cook it then?" Yonghwa asked, glaring at his friend.

"Ani. You do that." Jinwoon grinned sheepishly as he got back to cutting the carrots. Yonghwa just shook his head laughing.

******

"Yeobo-ya, your two hours are almost up!" Seohyun said as she stepped into the kitchen. She smiled the moment she saw Yonghwa who was cleaning up the kitchen after his and Jinwoon's stunts in cooking. Jinwoon on the other hand was wiping the kitchen counter.

"We're done actually." Jinwoon answered, raising his eyebrows.

"Wow! Something smells good here." Nicole entered the kitchen next smiling excitedly.

"Of course! What we cooked for the two of you will definitely be really delicious!" Yonghwa said.

"Alright. I'm anticipating it." Seohyun gave a sly glance towards her husband before pulling Nicole out of the kitchen with her.

"Seohyun- ah! You were right! They did make sandwiches and kimchi fried rice!" Nicole whispered excitedly to her friend.

"I told you so. That's the basic thing which will appear on their minds." Seohyun giggled.

Soon the table was filled with food which had been prepared by the two most caring and loving husbands for their lovely pregnant wives. Nicole was endlessly praising Jinwoon for his effort. Seohyun on the other hand stood beside Yonghwa and grasped his hand tight, smiling sweetly at him.

"Okay, now you guys just sit down facing the camera." Kanghee started to instruct the two couples. "Then the husbands will serve the food to the wives and the wives will taste the food and give some comments."

The two couples nodded and settled themselves down at the respective places. The wives in the middle and the husbands at their sides.

"Why am I suddenly feeling nervous?" Yonghwa started saying as he placed a sandwich which he and Jinwoon had prepared earlier on a plate to serve it to Seohyun.

"Don't worry, it's delicious." Jinwoon said as he too served the sandwich to Nicole.

"Jagi-ya, please taste our food." Yonghwa and Jinwoon said together causing both their wives to giggle happily.

"It's made with love." Jinwoon added.

Seohyun and Nicole took a bite in the sandwich. Yonghwa and Jinwoon had used wholemeal bread for the sandwich. It was filled with chicken ham, cucumber, lettuce, tomatoes and cheese. They added a bit of mayonaise in the sandwich as well so that there would be a bit of creamy taste.

"Hm, I love it!" Nicole said as she chewed her sandwich. "Although this sandwich is common, I still think that this is the most delicious one I've ever eaten!"

"Ah, sinchia?" Jinwoon smiled. "Eat more then darling."

"Of course." Nicole grinned as she stuffed a mouthful of sandwich into her husband's mouth.

"Aish! This is the first time I see such a mushy couple." Yonghwa said causing laughter to rise up all around the house.

"It's delicious!" Seohyun said, a smile forming on her lips. "Komawo yeobo-ya."

"Aish! Anything for my love." Yonghwa said, his voice husky. All the crew including Jinwoon and Nicole were suddenly throwing catcalls at them causing Seohyun to blush prettily.

"This is the power of the Goguma couple!" Jinwoon exclaimed.

"Okay, next?" Nicole pointed to the steamy hot kimchi fried rice in front of her.

"Do you want to try that?" Jinwoon asked as he scooped some rice onto a plate and some vegetable soup into a bowl. Yonghwa did the same and served it to Seohyun.

"This is good as well. Sinchia!" Nicole held up a thumb as she ate the fried rice, at the same time drinking the soup.

"Mmm. It's good!" Even Seohyun agreed.

After receiving verdict for the food and since the wives are very satisfied with their husbands' cooking, Yonghwa and Jinwoon joined in eating the food as well.

Kanghee was satisfied with the progress of the filming. He thanked Yonghwa and Seohyun yet again for accepting to be a guest star in the new show, We Are Expecting. He was truly very pleased with their performance for that day.

"Thank you for coming both of you." Nicole said as she held on tight to Seohyun's hands. "And thank you for sharing some of your lovely experiences with me. I really appreciate it."

"Aniyo. It's nothing. I'm glad to be here as well." Seohyun smiled. "It's been a long time since I've last appeared on the television screen."

"Do contact us sometime. We should get together more often." Yonghwa added.

"Of course we should! I do meet Junsu hyung once in a while and he did mention about you and Seohyun." Jinwoon said.

"It's nice to meet like this. Just like old times." Yonghwa grinned.

"Yeah! True!" Jinwoon nodded his head in agreement.

Soon it was time for Yonghwa and Seohyun to leave. It was getting late and so the four friends bid goodbye to each other. Seohyun felt a little sad to go. Meeting Jinwoon and Nicole again was such a refreshing moment for her. It made her thought of her past and how it had changed her now. She did welcome the changes though, as long as Yonghwa was always right beside her. She smiled in satisfaction as she hugged her husband's arm tightly, as they walked hand-in-hand towards their car. 

 

 

*O oh! Is Yonghwa gonna get in trouble??? hehe*